Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: December 2020:Keep on Moving

Distinguished Community Member

Default December 2020:Keep on Moving

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important— it doesnt have to be “exercise”! Even Science proves that.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you for starting this thread for December, Sunshine!

I've been finding that I get less arm and shoulder stiffness if I can keep remembering to stop what I'm doing and move around. If I've been sitting here at the computer, I try to rotate my arms now and then or rotate my shoulders or just stretch my arms out.

Soon I'll probably have to get more active just to get ready for the annual apartment inspections--though they may be postponing them this year on account of the virus restrictions. Usually they're in January. I need to clean the venetian blinds and do a few other cleaning jobs.

A neighbor of mine was outside yesterday removing her window screens and wiping them down. I probably won't get that ambitious.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I swam 1/2 mile today, walked the 51 steps to the pool stairs and back through the bathroom, and then rolling out the wet clothes to dry after I rinsed them in teh shower. I think the Klonopin is helping my morning swim and walk to the pool stairs.

Soon, it will be time I can walk my 1,000 steps (hopefully) in about 90 minutes
    Last edited by Sunshine 2; 12-04-2020 at 11:53 AM.

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I swam 1/2mile today, with a brief foot spasm in the middle. Then I rinsed out the clothes and dressed. The tricky parts are the walk to the pool and back to shower, and putting on my sox which sometimes triggers a foot spasm.
    Then I made the fish crust and tonight’s salad. And my weekly grocery list for DH.

Resting most of the day until I bake the fish (easy). Hoping to walk again at the end of the day. Yesterday I clocked in just over 1,000 steps at the end of the day. It’s hard work. I do part of it while cooking and part of it while watching Designated Survivor on NETFLIX which I highly recommend for politically interested people.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Step counts (several days of problems with the pedometer):

12/1 - 1671 steps
    12/2 - 2192 "
    12/3 - no record
    12/4 - 1937 steps
    12/5, 12/6, 12/7, 12/8 - no record
    12/9 - 1698 steps
    12/10 -1707 "

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Terrific numbers once again agate :) Cheers for you!!

I swam today, it was the first morning that wasn’t below 50F outside so I went for it. It’s the walking on rollator back and forth that is so darn hard. The Klonopin helps me with that but still. It will be my last swim this week: the cold is coming. And I need teh time to get ready for IVIG on Wed and the Spinal Tap/ pump trial on Thursday.

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Agate, those numbers are amazing! I can clean the carpet, but I can't do what you do. My pedometer is really being mean anyway. I have definitely figured out that the heavier the clothes I wear the less it works, so I have kind of put it away for the Winter.
    Virginia

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Yes, I think the type of fabric really matters for pedometers. I keep wearing both of them anyway, and at the end of the day if the results look way off, that's a bad day for pedometers.

16. The following user says "thanks"

Sunshine, I tried to copy and paste the post that you suggested I put over here, but as Agate can attest to that is something I just cannot do. I highlighted the original post, hit control copy and then brought it over here and hit control paste. It just doesn't work for me.
    Virginia

18. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

I think this is the post?

Posted by Virginia yesterday at 5:33 PM:

I have still been working along on my carpet. It does look better. I started leaving off the nail polish remover because I thought it was leaving some color in the carpet. My hands and wrists stay tired. I took yesterday off and did nothing but sit in a chair. Today I worked on it a little (remember I have to crawl to something that I can push up on). After that I made soup that will last for today, tomorrow and Sunday. So no more cooking for a couple of days.
    Virginia, if you highlight all of the text you want and make sure it's been highlighted, then--while it's staying highlighted--press CTRL + C, that should save the highlighted text to your clipboard. Then you go over to the message window where you want to put it, and--without pressing anything else, press CTRL + V. That should copy and paste whatever you want.

It won't work if you've pressed any other keys in between the CTRL + C and the CTRL + V.

20. The following user says "thanks"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast