Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving 2020

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

Yes, that tree has a mind of its own. It was a scrawny sapling, when it was planted 38 years ago. Actually, three eucalyptus saplings were planted there, but the other two didn't survive. There wouldn't have been any room for them anyway!

Our neighborhood has a bounty of many varieties of trees, which were planted as the community developed. Our utilities are underground thankfully.

How was your FaceTime with your son, daughter-in-law, and grandson? I hope you had a wonderful visit.

Lazarus ~

I'm happy to hear that you and John had a quiet, pleasant day. How kind of your worker to bring food to you. What a delicious surprise!

My feast was very tasty, and I resisted second helpings. I have plenty of leftovers for the next couple of days at least.

Today, I have been thinking about Ralph, and the families of Peg, nuthatch, Vicky, Joy, and others, who we have lost, or who have lost a loved one, and of course, Jeanie. The holidays accentuate our loss, almost directing a spotlight on our loved one's absence. The holidays are inescapable, because media splashes them all over for us. It's incredible that corporations are bombarding us with ads/commercials to buy, buy, buy, buy during the pandemic.

I've also been thinking about all of our first line health care workers, who risk their lives, and the lives of their families, who they occasionally get to see, by caring for the massive influx of COVID patients. How many of them are working today trying to save lives or hold the hands of the dying?

And all of our Armed Forces families, who are separated during this and other holidays.

They are all heroes, who deserve our praise, prayers, and gratitude.

Howie, you mentioned this as a day of reflection. It has been that for me.

Blessings upon you all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rose, I sent Ralph Thanksgiving wishes from the people here. I hope that he and all of the families of the people we've lost are doing all right: Vicky's husband, Sally's family, Peg's husband Farmer Joe and their family, Joy's family (she had a remarkable granddaughter, little Joy, who probably isn't so little by now), nuthatch's family too. I'm sure there are some I've forgotten.

I enjoyed seeing my son and grandson this morning. They were about to leave, doing a "social distancing/food exchange" with my DIL's family (parents, brother and his wife and their two kids). I believe that they didn't sit down to a meal together but each cooked something and brought it to the others' homes. I was sent some photos, and it looks as if everyone except my grandson was wearing a mask. I didn't know about this event until it was almost time for it to happen.

I was encouraging a mask for the grandson as well but so far I haven't sold them on the idea. Maybe seeing so many people in masks will cause him to want one too, and he can have quite a choice of designs.
    Last edited by agate; 11-26-2020 at 10:53 PM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Such good posts here. And, Rose, I hold you in my heart, Your losses are so devastating, and heartbreaking, that I can only think you have such love in your heart that lets you go on. While you will grieve your whole life, my friend said it took her two years to even be able to smile. I’m glad you are letting John look after you.

Thanksgiving here was quiet, we FaceTimed with our two adult children and did takeout for dinner as I just needed a couple of days off cooking (today is the second day), my body and mind are feeling defeated the past couple of days.

I am thankful for BT, though, as I imagine we all our.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to everyone at BT!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Hi Funnylegs, how was your Thanksgiving?

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Funnylegs, how was your Thanksgiving?

ANN
    It was good considering the COVID, lots of eating, thankfulness and good movies! :) Thanks for asking!
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Glad it went well, funnylegs! And it was nice of you to check in with us here.

I should apologize for my post #4 in this thread. I had an image on there but some time since I put it there, it disappeared. I just noticed today that it wasn't there. I've put in another image and am hoping it stays there.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glad it went well, funnylegs! And it was nice of you to check in with us here.

I should apologize for my post #4 in this thread. I had an image on there but some time since I put it there, it disappeared. I just noticed today that it wasn't there. I've put in another image and am hoping it stays there.
    Thanks agate! Sorry about the tech issue.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I'm not sure why that happens sometimes. I've had images fail to show up but if they're going to fail, they fail right away. Then every once in a while I post an image that looks as if it's staying there--only to find out long afterward that it has vanished.

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I was home alone, and sick. However, I did not let any family know and when they called I just talked and sounded normal.

One sister-in-law cooked for whole family, but fed only her nuclear family at their house. (6) She sent take outs to me, another brother and his wife, her mother and father, and her brother and his wife. There are six in her family that ate there. My brother brought mine to me and left it at the door - no contact delivery. I have never seen so much food Turkey, Honey Baked Ham, dressing, gravy, orange glazed carrots, green bean casserole, mac and cheese, deviled eggs, slaw, cranberry gelatin salad, pumpkin cupcakes, 3 kinds of cheesecake (the one bought thing), sweet potato casserole and a couple of other things that I can't remember. She sent everything in individual containers, all labeled with what was in them, and mine had my name on it after the label. I am sure the others did too.

And there I was sick - she is really a good cook and I wanted to be able to eat some of it. I called her that evening to tell her how much I appreciated everything and that I couldn't believe all that she had done. She said she enjoyed doing it. She is so organized. She plans way in advance. She baked the sweet potatoes two weeks ago and froze them, and things like that. I am sure she had all the containers that were going out to others all marked with what went in them and to whom, just as she did mine. She probably did that a week before Thanksgiving.

I am thankful to have family, neighbors who call to ask if I need anything. I am also very thankful to have a place to myself, that when I am sick I can just sit in my recliner, drink ginger ale and not have to pretend that all is well (except when they call).

I am thankful for our new President, who is caring and empathetic. May God Bless him in the next four years.

I did start missing Nuthatch about a week before Thanksgiving. She was much on my mind before I got sick.
    Virginia

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast