Thread: Ways of getting rx's

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Ways of getting rx's

I see that Amazon is now offering pharmacy delivery. Is anyone trying it?

From the Website it looks as if Amazon Prime members get free delivery in 2 days. Apparently those without Amazon Prime wait 4-5 days or pay $6 for 2-day delivery.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I have not, Agate, but I’m getting my Rx’s delivered for free in 1-2 days from our regular CVS (not Caremark). This may be so quick because the post office and our CVS are two blocks apart.

It’s extra important because the CVS here does not have a drive-thru window.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I'm lucky, my CVS has a drive-thru window, and is in the same lot as my grocery store.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have not, Agate, but I’m getting my Rx’s delivered for free in 1-2 days from our regular CVS (not Caremark). This may be so quick because the post office and our CVS are two blocks apart.

It’s extra important because the CVS here does not have a drive-thru window.

ANN
    John is getting his meds delivered from CVS...I think for free. I get mine delivered from Caremark. Again, I think for free. I have never checked whether we are paying for either delivery.

I will look into Amazon’s service.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

My local independent pharmacy delivers meds for free to customers. Furthermore, it is a family run business and they go out of their way to help you. And there is no impersonal menu tree. Real customer service.
    I like having a relationship with competent pharmacists. Especially love the same day free deliver, no matter how small the order.

I do not do mail order meds. You canít count on them having been in teh heat or the cold, and if itís late you are doomed. The mail lately was slowed down and I bet if impacted mail order meds.

I wouldnít buy meds from Amazon.

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Those smaller pharmacies that aren't part of big chains are really hard to find, at least out here.

I agree about mailing rx's. I tried that some time ago, and sometimes the pills would arrive in a jiffy bag that had burst open, and the pills had come out of their bottles and were all over. The post office's fault, no doubt, but I prefer having someone hand them to me.

The grocery delivery service I use will pick up rx's too if the rx's are at the store they shop at. I transferred my rx's to that store and have been getting them that way for some years now.

Maybe Amazon is getting a bit too ambitious here. I recall that they started out as just a bookstore, and now they're selling everything imaginable. Then they branched out into groceries, and now it's pharmacy. It looks as if they've hooked up with PillPack for the pharmacy deal.

There's such a thing as getting too big and trying to do too much, and I'm afraid Amazon is going that route.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"