Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome back to Parsi and any others dropping by here

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Welcome back to Parsi and any others dropping by here

Just a few words for Parsi and others who drop in now and then:

Please don't be concerned if you don't think you have anything meaningful to say. Some of us are checking in here, keeping the place afloat and talking about our daily activities. Propping up the place maybe?

Sometimes just how to do a routine cleaning job can be baffling and we welcome suggestions.

For instance, the former member I mentioned who might join (but hasn't yet so far as I know) was concerned about how to clean the base of a toilet with mobility limitations.

That's a problem I have as well. How DO people manage it? I keep putting this task off by telling myself it looks clean enough to get by for a while longer.

There's the problem of having to be on my knees just to do the job. Kneeling pad needed. And having to have the supplies where I can reach them--rag or sponge plus whatever I'm going to spray on the area.

Then there's the problem of how to see where it's kind of dark. Sometimes a flashlight seems needed.

And how to reach around the parts involved.

Once I get down there and am all primed, I can usually manage it. It's just a motivation problem for me, maybe. But some people can't do this task at all without some special gadgets to assist. Guess I'm lucky in just needing the kneeling pad but that is essential.

I have to do the job quickly or else I'll have more trouble getting up off the floor. If I spend too long on my knees, I'm in trouble for a couple of days.

See how I prattled on?

Or we go on about what we're cooking and/or eating. Or what errands we've been doing. Or even what we're looking at out our windows. We're mentioning our exercise routines, what books we've read, and recipes we like.

This place seems to have evolved from a place where people newly diagnosed with MS or people who might have MS came for information to a place where people who've had MS for a fairly long time are trying to get along with it, work around it, just keep on keeping on.

And I should add that people who care enough about this board even though they don't have MS are also welcome here. We need friends.

--Others may have different ideas about reasons for being here. But this is my take on it.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Whoooooo lives in a pineapple under the sea......oh, sorry, you said sponge.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

3. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I did say sponge. Sorry to have disturbed you, Spongie.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

5. The following 3 users say "thanks"

No problem Agate. And I do encourage all the new folks, or the old folks, to join in and post. We don't bite.....well, MOST everyone.

Sam, just settle down!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

7. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Well said, agate and Howie!

As someone, who does not have MS, you have all graciously welcomed me here. I am very grateful for your support and friendship.

I'm always happy to see members return and post. First, it's good to know that you're okay. But, if you're not okay, then we're here to listen, care, offer our support and lift you up. Please don't hesitate or feel like you don't have anything to add. You do! Just being here and joining in conversations is adding so much to the community.

Regarding cleaning the bottom of the toilet, when you have mobility issues: Google "long handled sponge," and you will find an array of tools, which might be effective in cleaning the bottom of the toilet and around pipes, etc. Spray the outside of the toilet with Lysol, then use the long handled sponge to clean it.

I have a long electric scrubber with 3 different brush heads to clean my bathtub and shower floors. No kneeling, bending or stooping. It is powerful, and it takes a lot for me to control it sometimes, but it sure beats the old fashioned way.

To all newcomers and old timers ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

9. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No problem Agate. And I do encourage all the new folks, or the old folks, to join in and post. We don't bite.....well, MOST everyone.

Sam, just settle down!
    Is this a reference to Sam's teeth? She still has them? You haven't pulled them?

Maybe those who haven't been here very much don't realize that this place has an on-site dentist named Howie.

It's really remarkable because he's entirely self-taught.

11. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Yeah, Sam's teeth are just perfect. I think she does that just to irritate me. Darn cat!!!

Albert Einstein

13. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Yes, there are inside jokes here. If you are new and they baffle you, just ask for an explanation. Someone will be delighted to explain it.

15. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I agree! Welcome back to the crew :)

17. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Hello it's been a while I have been dealing with life the universe and everything, I am looking for some information on the Wahl's Diet, I know in the past many of us tried and believed in this diet
    As I said it's been a while, I believe I joined this board in the early 2000's, so yea I am back
    soul
    DX RR/MS 1989
    Last edited by soul; 12-02-2020 at 04:59 AM.

19. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast