Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In Search of a Travel/Portable Scooter

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Linda, I tried posting something, then changing my mind and being asked if I wanted to leave the post unsubmitted. I left it and came back to this thread and found that I could auto-restore the post I had just left.

Now I've deleted that post and started this new one. I guess I don't understand what's happening but I do know that often with posts I have to tinker with them several different ways to get them to show up the way I wanted them to. This is particularly apt to happen with posting links or images but sometimes with ordinary posts as well.

Edited to add: I see that it came through without that original (auto-saved) post, which I had decided to delete.

Sorry I couldn't figure this out. I wonder if a moderator could be of more help to you?
    Last edited by agate; 11-13-2020 at 06:25 PM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

I just ignore the "Click here to restore auto-saved content," and start typing in the "Post Quick Reply" box, with my new text. I just did that for this post. And, as always, it worked.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 11-14-2020 at 09:01 AM.
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jen's Solitude's Avatar

Well,we made a decision about another mobility device. I am still going to get a scooter but first we have decided to give the Upwalker a try. It is like a rollator but will allow me to stand taller and straighter. I am wondering if anyone else has one? Mine should be arriving soon and after we assemble it, I am hoping it lives up to its claims and truly does help me with my posture.

It has 8 in. wheels, which should make bumpy parking lots easier to maneuver. It also has a seat, which I desperately need, when I must sit down from leg weakness. I truly want to try to keep walking as much as I can. So I hope this device helps.

The scooter will be for times when walking is impossible or for longer distances, and I also want to have it just in case I unexpectedly worsen. I have narrowed my choice down to 4, and will make my final scooter decision probably in the next month or so.

So, does anyone use an upright walker?
    DAR
    R/R 1993
    Draw close to God and he will draw close to you. - James 4:8

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I have 3 different kinds of Rollators. I cannot barely walk at all right now, but when I do, I love them.. One is for indoors.One is for outdoors and driveways, sidewalks, one is for very bumpy terrain, like a walk in teh woods with a bumpy walk through bumpy grass.

I miss that. To think it was only a month a go I was doing that. I have to think the SPS will reced and I can do it again. Or the baclofen pump will help me and not kill me.

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, do you have a scooter? That's a big change in just a month's time. I too hope the symptoms will recede so that you can regain some mobility.

It is truly amazing how a loss of function occurs. I think back to my last major attack in April of 2015 and I marvel at the extensive nerve damage I am still contending with, that affects my right leg. Were you the one who swam regularly, or do I have you confused with someone else? I don't know much about the baclofen pump, are you using it now, or are you considering using it in the future?
    DAR
    R/R 1993

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

DAR we had a discussion on here at one time about the Upwalker and Agate posted a picture of one. We all agreed that it would probably be very good for posture, but unless one of Sunshine's is an upwalker then I haven't heard anyone else say they had gotten one. Will you use your in the house as well as outside? I will be very interested in hearing how it works out for you.
    Virginia

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

DAR, I had a U-Step upright walker for a while and Peg had an Up walker. Read about our experiences here:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...hlight=Walkers

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 11-19-2020 at 04:45 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following user says "thanks"

Thank you so much Ann. Peg's is the one I ordered. I am anxious to see if I will be comfortable using it around our apartment, where the quarters are closer. I am hoping I just have to adjust to the wider width and that it won't cause too many problems. We measured it out and it looks like I should be okay. I will have the rollator I am currently using, if I find the stand up walker to cumbersome. I will keep everyone posted.
    DAR
    R/R 1993

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

DAR, at this point I use a wheelchair. My arms work well, so I am not in a scooter.
    Yes, I am teh swimmer and the surfer. I have not been able to surf since January and I only stood up on waves and went surfing a few times in 2019. Prior to Sept 2017 I was surfing 2-3 time a week, standing up.
    I started at age 60!
    I amassed an all women crew all over age 50, 17 of all of us, a core of ten to twelve regulars. We became well known in teh area’s surfing circle, even got an article in the paper , for our STOKE, our age , our gender (men way outnumber us on teh waves) and the outright fun we had every weekend. At that time I only had MS, not SPS. “Only”. So the main obstacle was my legs felt like concrete blocks

THe stories I could tell!

I am posting a video about MS and Surfing, a personal story, brief and I think anyone would love it. Called Off my Wave:It as made by the MS society:

https://vimeo.com/157689113?ref=em-share

The star is in a wheelchair, the friend who comes to help him was a pro surfer whose MS got him off the tour, but he still obviously does well enough to surf better than most people. Enjoy it!

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

WOW! I am super impressed and will check out the video right after I post this reply. Yes, it was surfing, not just swimming. I was close, right? lol

I used to love to go to the beach, but just standing in the water was such a problem for me. I had no balance, so toward the end of my visits to the Jersey shore, I wold just set close to the water and enjoy the sea breeze. Now, there is no way I could walk on the beach just to get to the water, the sand would do me in.

I have never learned to swim, which I regret; and I have always been impressed with surfers. I have watched a few televised competitions and have always wondered what it would be like to ride a wave. lol

Thanks again for the link and for sharing your experiences, Sunshine. Your user name TOTALLY fits you. (smile)
    DAR
    R/R 1993

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast