Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: November, 2020

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I Now, if Ann can just tell me how I am going to cut that thing, I think I can cook it. Cutting it with weak hands will probably be the hardest thing for me. I was going to get some bread crumbs to mix with parmesan cheese which I have, but couldn't find it. Sister-in-law will be bringing me groceries in next day or two and I could get her to bring some, but I could also just bake with olive oil, salt and pepper and herbs, take out when done and put cheese on top with maybe some onion (diced) and cook until cheese is melted.

Does that sound alright Ann? .
    Peter will cut that for you, Virginia, while he’s down their doing your ironing. ;-)

Cutting the squash, especially the butternut varieties, is hard. I’m glad that Linda posted a solution.

I’ve talked so much about squash Mom got hungry for it. She asked a neighbor to pick her up a squash and ended up with three zucchini. She wanted winter squash. So I tucked a very small baby Honeynut in her latest care package which she got today. Linda’s advice is timely.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 11-23-2020 at 03:18 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Linda's advice is indeed timely and I was glad to get it, however if Peter will also do the ironing he can take care of both jobs. Also, my knives need sharpening, unless, of course he wants to bring his own.
    Virginia

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Could you get a knife sharpener, Virginia? Peter might not be bringing one.

Seriously, I have an electric can opener that came with a built-in knife sharpener. Before that I'd always used a sharpening steel but the handle was always falling off it.

I've often heard that sharp knives are absolutely essential in a kitchen. It's strange but they're safer than duller knives.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Actually, Agate my SIL recently got a new electric can opener for me and it does come with a knife sharpener on the back, and a bottle opener, and something that pops the tops off cans that have pop tops. Is this the kind you have? Without going in the kitchen to look I think it is a Hamilton Beach.
    Virginia

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    Actually, Agate my SIL recently got a new electric can opener for me and it does come with a knife sharpener on the back, and a bottle opener, and something that pops the tops off cans that have pop tops. Is this the kind you have? Without going in the kitchen to look I think it is a Hamilton Beach.
    It's a Hamilton Beach but knife-sharpening is the only thing it does besides open cans. I have my doubts about gadgets that claim to do several things. Even phones that take pictures and have flashlights even though those are everywhere now. So I was a bit suspicious when this can opener also had a knife-sharpener.

But it does a pretty good job at both opening cans and sharpening knives.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Great tip on teh butternut squash :)

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I decided not to cook for Thanksgiving. So, we are picking up a delicious meal at a local restaurant to eat at home.

In the meantime I am feeling frustrated about setting up this Baclofen Pump test, the details are boring, and frustrating/ we will see what happens when the office opens back up Monday.

I hope all of us find a way to enjoy the Holiday.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine 2 View Post
    I decided not to cook for Thanksgiving. So, we are picking up a delicious meal at a local restaurant to eat at home.

I think you'll be glad you made this choice. I find cooking so tiring that I'm too tired to eat the food after I've cooked it. This way you can enjoy it.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Welp, this isn't a good time for hens because a different kind of poultry is being featured but Howie and Virginia and others are being very quiet.

I hope they're just busy making turkey sandwiches and turkey salad and eating leftover pie.

My grandson was pictured with a slice of pumpkin pie, which he simply picked up and started eating. Much more efficient than using a fork.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Where is that Howie?

I'm just waking up from a long nap. I got up and made a mug of coffee with the last coffee, drank it while I looked on the net, then went to bed with Sam, and she it still asleep as I have to type over her.

I'll fix something to eat soon, and will HAVE to make a store trip tomorrow. I'm out of essentials, coffee being at the top of the list.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast