Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: November, 2020

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Like a necklace? Well that's a new one, but give it time. I'm sure it will catch on!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Howie ~

I must agree with you that I can't understand why people don't put their masks over their nose. Maybe they need instruction, or a Public Service Announcement about the purpose of the mask.

Something very simple, like: The nose is covered so you don't breathe in droplets from a maskless person. The mouth is covered to prevent the spreading of droplets. Without the mouth AND the nose covered, the mask is actually useless.

I think that some people don't cover their noses, because they find it difficult to breathe through a mask. I haven't worn a cloth mask, but I would guess that it's a little more restrictive to breathing than a disposable mask.

I wear Medline's Bio Mask, and we have worn them for years. Since the pandemic, they are difficult to find on line. Fortunately, I stocked up on them before COVID hit, so I have what I think is the best disposable mask among what is available today.

https://www.medline.com/jump/product/x/Z05-PF07326

Yesterday, John and I talked about the COVID vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna. He asked me if I would take it, when it becomes available to the general population. I told him that I don't know. I am leery of drugs produced so rapidly with only about 40,000 people tested, including those, who got the placebo. Then again, we need the vaccine NOW, as over 250,000 Americans have perished from this virus. So, I really don't know if I will take it.

I've never had a flu shot, nor did Jim. Jon and Michael had to have a flu shot to enter an adult day activity program, as did all of the participants. Jon and Michael became very ill from the shot, as did all of the participants. They'd be sick for 2 weeks, feel a bit better, then have a fever of 103, and so on for months. That was the end of the flu shot and the programs.

During Jim's RA flare prior to his cancer diagnosis, our family doc convinced him to get a pneumonia vaccine. What a bad idea that was! Jim was in bed a few hours after he came home and stayed there for 10 days. Very ill. His arm hurt from the shot for months.

So, do I want a COVID vaccine, which will likely give "temporary" COVID symptoms? No, not really.

How many of us here were vaccinated as children for smallpox and polio? Raising my hand. The smallpox shot left me with a big scar on my shoulder for most of my life. Our kids got measles, DPT, and polio, etc. Then along came a vaccine for chicken pox, a disease, which nearly killed Michael, when he was 14. He was on a vent for 3 weeks, because the pox broke out on his lungs.

Even the various flu viruses aren't all covered in the flu shot. So, if the strain that isn't covered wanders your way, too bad.

I think our reality in this century is that history will repeat itself endlessly. We may never not have a plague of some kind. Once we get some control over one plague, another strange and "novel" virus appears and wipes out people all over the planet.

Why is that? I'm not a scientist, so I don't know the answer, but there must be one.

I fear for the future generations. I am old, and I have lived my life. Their lives await them.

It is quite difficult to feel positive, when the world is in the mess it is now. But, with all of my might, I pray for healing, unity, and caring for each other to see us, and the future generations through whatever is to come.

My prayers are with all of you and your loved ones. May we find a way to come together and beat whatever life throws at us.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Rose, I agree with you being hesitant to try a virus vaccine. It's too soon, and may have been tested on a number of volunteers, but there is no long term studies. All other drugs are tested for years, not months.

I will continue to just use a mask even if a vaccine is released. Wearing a mask, just when I go to the grocery store once a week, is easy.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Masks are still required in this building. I wear mine whenever I'm out of the apartment or if someone comes to the door.

I don't know if I'll be eager to get that COVID-19 vaccine either. You never know what a new vaccine is going to do to people, do you? I'm uneasy about the way it's being rushed into use. Maybe it's just the name, Operation Warp Speed, that bothers me but I've also heard medical experts say that most vaccines take much much longer to get to the stage where they're available to the public.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Some guy gets the vaccine, and a year later, grows a third eye in the middle of his forehead.

Albert Einstein

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

What a day! I got up this morning, washed my face, brushed my teeth and decided to go in the kitchen, take my meds and eat breakfast. Then I had planned to go back and wash my hair.

After eating some breakfast and cleaning up the dishes I set down in the recliner in the living room to wait for the house to get nice and warm. After while I got sleepy and dozed. I got up about 2:20 got my yogurt and two pieces of chocolate. My thought was I really need this chocolate today, I am sooooo tired.

I kept thinking that I would get a little get up and go in the mid to late afternoon. Finally, I went in my bathroom and while walking through my bedroom I saw my pill container and it hit me that I had not taken my thyroid medication this morning. That will just about knock me out every time. Lately, I have been putting my pill container on my bathroom vanity when I go to bed so I will be reminded to take it. But forgot it last night. I will get started back on it tomorrow, but today I got nothing done. I wanted to fix some potatoes and frozen vegetables for supper but was too tired to do it. This was before I knew what I had done.

I came on here on my cell phone and mostly read. I think I responded to one post.

Both neighbors, who are trying to help with my mail situation, called this afternoon. I laughed and talked to them and didn't tell either of them that I felt bad. I wish my mail could get straightened out.

It was 66 degrees here today and is to be 75 tomorrow. So, it is warming up. Still the nights get cold. Sam should stay on stand-by now to get under the cover to keep Howie warm.
    Virginia

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Sam has made it part of her routine now. I'll bet she still does it come Summer because by then, I will be using the AC, and it's a window until right opposite of the bed, and blows cool air right on me.

Albert Einstein

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I went to the grocery store yesterday evening and one of the things I bought was a butternut squash. Now, if Ann can just tell me how I am going to cut that thing, I think I can cook it. Cutting it with weak hands will probably be the hardest thing for me. I was going to get some bread crumbs to mix with parmesan cheese which I have, but couldn't find it. Sister-in-law will be bringing me groceries in next day or two and I could get her to bring some, but I could also just bake with olive oil, salt and pepper and herbs, take out when done and put cheese on top with maybe some onion (diced) and cook until cheese is melted.

Does that sound alright Ann? I wanted a delicato squash, but they didn't have any. So got the butternut.
    Virginia

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went to the grocery store yesterday evening and one of the things I bought was a butternut squash. Now, if Ann can just tell me how I am going to cut that thing, I think I can cook it. Cutting it with weak hands will probably be the hardest thing for me. I was going to get some bread crumbs to mix with parmesan cheese which I have, but couldn't find it. Sister-in-law will be bringing me groceries in next day or two and I could get her to bring some, but I could also just bake with olive oil, salt and pepper and herbs, take out when done and put cheese on top with maybe some onion (diced) and cook until cheese is melted.

Does that sound alright Ann? I wanted a delicato squash, but they didn't have any. So got the butternut.

Start by making several large slits through the skin with the tip of a sharp knife. This helps the air release as your squash heats up (so your squash doesn't explode when you microwave it). Next, microwave the squash on high for approximately 3-5 minutes to soften the skin, which makes it easier to cut.Oct 1, 2018
    Chatelaine food kitchen-tips a...
    A Simple And Safe Way To Cut Butternut Squash | Chatelaine
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Thanks Linda - great!
    Virginia

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast