Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: November, 2020

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Everything! The TV, the stereo, VHS player, DVD player, cable TV box, my laptop, my cell phone, and an electric heater.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Howie, no wonder you heard a noise!

If I have been a little MIA lately, it is because I have a lot going on (for me, not for a normal person). I had to choose a new Medicare Part D plan and I put in for that finally Monday. Took several days to make that choice and still not sure, but hope it is the right one. Now I have to wait for paperwork to come in the mail, in 7 to 10 days.

I am still having problems getting my mail. A neighbor had a mailbox key and I called her this afternoon and she got my mail and brought that key back to me. I am going to try to get another neighbor to pick it up when she walks in the neighborhood. She is the one who went to the Post Office for me and took a letter from my Doctor to try and get it settled so they would bring it to my door, but it hasn't happened. So, still working on getting mail.

Trying to get a RX filled by my Doctor. She must be really busy because I have tried for several days and have not been able to get it filled. My SIL is going to Costco in the morning and pick up one there and then she is going to Walgreens to pick up one that I have there. That is also where I am hoping the one I have been waiting on will be. It is thyroid medication, so I do need it. It has been lost in the shuffle somewhere, because my Doctor certainly doesn't want me coming off that.

So, just a multitude of things have kept me nervous, jittery and filling like I am coming apart. Will be back to normal when all is straightened out.
    Virginia

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Howie ~

Did the beep sound like a truck backing up? That can be a very loud noise, if it's close to your home. Do you have a smoke detector or a carbon monoxide detector? Sometimes those beep a few times to let you know that the battery is low.

What were you watching before you went to sleep? Perhaps you were having a dream and a noise in it imprinted it in your brain and woke you up?

My only other thought is an alien ship landing outside your bedroom, or possibly an alien trying to get your attention in the middle of the night for whatever reason an alien might have to do so.

I hope this was a one time only thing. I'm glad you enjoyed your Domino's meal.

Virginia ~

I was wondering where you were the last few days. I hope all goes smoothly with your Medicare Part D stuff. I am receiving an onslaught of mail from insurance companies about changing my Medicare supplemental provider. I get one for me, and one for Jim. After the millions of dollars spent on Jim's cancer care, and no bills to us, I am not inclined to want to change providers.

Your neighbors are being so nice and helpful to you with your mail issue. The postal system is in quite a mess, thanks to the current national Postmaster General, as well as the election mail in ballots. And, Christmas is nearing, so it may be that your post office is just overwhelmed. I do hope you have a response soon.

And the stress of not having your thyroid med prescription refilled ... aagghh! I know that frustration too well, as does Howie. May your SIL be successful in getting your meds tomorrow.

Sunshine ~

Thinking of you and hoping all went smoothly for you today.

Lots of HUGS, prayers, and positive, healing energy to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 11-18-2020 at 04:15 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

It's going down to 28 degrees here tonight. Sam will be sleeping under the covers pressed right up against me, and she will really be welcome!!! I just hope those aliens abduct her too if they come back tonight.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Howie, do you have any kind of a cell phone? There is an alarm on them to alert the public to abducted children, need for evacuation and such. Recently they have used it here to convey new rules about Co-VId. It is heart stopping and can be turned off.

ANN
    I think I live near you, but don't get any COVID alerts on my phone. I wish I did.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I had my cell phone laying next to a chair I was sitting in recently and all of a sudden a loud noise came from somewhere. I was so shocked it took me awhile to figure it out.

I think it is going to be about 30 degrees here Howie. Tomorrow night is to be cold. We will have lots of these nights, so just alert Sam that she needs to plan on sleeping close to you.
    Virginia

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know I sound like a fossil, always harking back to earlier times, but I'm finding the devices that make noises at you annoying. People's cellphones are always ringing when you're in the midst of a conversation with them or when people are in a meeting, and then there are my devices that are just sitting around here at home. They PING and BEEP at me sometimes for no reason that I know of. I usually ignore them or try to figure out a way to get them to SHUT UP.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Ikoiko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I live near you, but don't get any COVID alerts on my phone. I wish I did.
    Maybe you are not in the City of Boston?

I hope you are well and holding steady. Frigid morning, today.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I vote for a UFO.
    Or a military exercise
    I once saw a UFO in about 1967. The official explanation was not realistic (Swamp gas). Many residents reported it. Perhaps it was military, but it was unlike anything I saw or since have seen. But no noise

I bet yourneighbors heard it. Do you know any of your neighbors to ask?

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I've thought of that, but wouldn't feel comfortable asking them. Sam and I heard nothing last night. I may never hear it again. I've lived here about 20 years, and have never heard anything like that before.

Albert Einstein

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast