Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: November, 2020

Distinguished Community Member

Yes, rub sam...nope, reschedule.

I really hope this pump helps and doesnt cause infection etc. Its scary in many respects. But its also very scary to have this disease progression. The squeezing of my rib cage has migrated upward and I don’t like the way it feels.

I try to walk after 4:40pm when the meds finally allow it. I aim for 1,000 steps. Today I have had 10 steps so far. ... its only 1 pm though. I will try to swim tomorrow.

The TS ETA is bringing a shower right now with the sun out. The old me would go outdoors to look at the rainbow from it. But it is nice to see the shower too.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

We had very heavy rains today with flash flood warnings. It has rained here for 3 days now, but today was the heaviest.

My house has been so quite today after listening to the chirping of the fire alarm since Sunday night. Also, on Tuesday the security pad on the wall that stores my codes, etc started. The fire alarm is part of my security system. I had my regular ones taken loose when one went off about 3 or 4 in the morning one cold winter morning and the fire dept had to come out and take it loose. The only good thing I can say about that cold night was the 3 hunks from the fire department. They were really nice. I had to say hunks (which they were) in memory of Sally.

Has Ann been on lately?
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Sunshine ~

"Every cloud has a silver lining." Even if you don't have a chance to see the rainbow, you know it's there. Watching the rain reminds you of the rainbow.

Have you thought about making a list of all of the concerns you have regarding the pump? This might be a good tool for you to discuss with your physicians. What are the statistics on infections? How do we prevent an infection? Ask about pain, recovery time, what to expect, what symptoms warrant contact with the physician? You might be given literature to answer these questions, but I always think it is a good idea to let your doctor know how you are feeling and ask everything up front.

Stay strong ~ my prayers and positive, healing energy are with you~

Virginia ~

Flash flood warnings are so scary! I hope that you're okay. It's nerve wracking when the rain just keeps pouring down. That's how I felt when we had strong gusts not long ago. Of course, we think about trees falling over in both situations. Prayers that the rain has subsided, and you are safe.

Hunks, an homage to Sally ~ aww ... I've met so many firefighters through the decades, and I can say unequivocally that they were all Hunks.

The last time that Jim and I were in ER with Jonathan some years ago, the nurses and phlebotomists were having trouble getting a blood draw on Jon. They called in a firefighter, who was training in all the departments of the hospital, to draw Jon's blood. This young man was Hollywood gorgeous, with a beautiful smile, and he immediately reassured Jon. He easily drew Jon's blood, and then he sort of wafted out of the room on a cloud.

Every firefighter I've met has been kind, compassionate, calming, thorough, respectful, truly concerned, and understanding. They have seen everything in their career. They are heroes.

I hope nothing else goes off in your security system.

ANN ~

Please check in and let us know all is well with you, Peter, your moms, and your kitties.

Prayers for Jeanie and for all of you. Be safe, well, and as content as possible during these tumultuous times.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Virginia and Rose,

I am well. Just tired. We took a car ride yesterday and today I had an early appointment for a vascular MRI and then a visit with the surgeon. This was to f/u on a small aneurysm on an extra but tiny renal artery.

All’s well, no change and I can skip next year. After the scan in two years, he’ll “cut me loose.” Yes, those were the surgeons words.

They limit access to the hospital complex because of CO-VID. Everyone goes through the main entrance and gets screened. This makes a lot of extra walking to get to other buildings. I walked half a mile IN the hospital today.

More when I can. Take care,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Heard from Ann now and things are pretty much alright. They're not going to cut on her for at least 2 years.

However, I have also had Suze-Q on my mind. Don't think we have heard from her in ages.
    Virginia

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

stillstANNding, sorry to hear you have possible surgery hanging over you.

At least you had your workout for the day by having to do so much walking at the hospital.

I'm getting around to doing the temperature check that is part of this WellnessAtHome deal I recently signed up for since if was offered by the insurance people (United Health Care). I now have a handy-dandy digital thermometer, along with a couple of COVID-19 supplies (a test kit and a supposedly helpful drug). They want temperature readings for 3 consecutive days.

I've noticed other people with MS mentioning that they tend to have a low temperature. Looks as if I do too. The last two days it's been 96.6'.

My mother never ran a fever in her life, but her temperature was always low too, and so maybe she did spike a fever sometimes but it went unrecorded.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Agate, 96.6 is what I usually measure. Perhaps having a warm cat ALWAYS laying on my lap, makes my body run a little cooler to compensate.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Hi Howie.

Agate, the vascular surgeon thinks I do not need surgery or even more follow up after one more MRI in 2 years. He is going to “cut me loose” as his patient then.

All of this has come from a CT scan done for the eating/weight loss problems that started 2 years ago. I went from 156 down to a low of 118 pounds. Currently at 120. The aneurysm was probably congenital.

So, a lot of fuss about nothing and none of it benefits me.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 11-13-2020 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks so much for explaining, ANN!

When I read your post it did occur to me that "cut me loose" might mean cutting you loose as his patient, but then it also might have meant cutting as in surgery.

Sounds good that you've gained a couple of pounds.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tomorrow is my last farmers’ market for summer 2020. I am already planning what to eat when I get home! It will be freezing cold in the morning but sunny. Should get up to high 40’s....brrr. I have tomatoes, escarole, snow peas, peppers and lemongrass plus lots of plants.

John has 2 more markets and, at the moment, no winter market. So, it is amazing we did as much as we have this year.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast