Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: November, 2020

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Sunshine ~

The most important thing about your DME's and medical "stuff," is that it is all easily accessible to you.

It's difficult to be patient, when you are waiting for a doctor to review your situation and determine the next step. But, we want your doctor to be thorough and do what is best for you, so we must be patient. I'm waiting along with you, as is everyone here.

Sitting on my hands about R.M. and others ... I'm trying to stay positive about JB/KH winning, who, by the way, apparently have an historic number of votes in any Presidential election. And, that their opponent's last gasp efforts with "meritless" lawsuits will wither. To quote DT: "It is what it is."

I can't imagine a spouse with opposing political views to mine, but my parents were just that. And my mother stopped voting. When I asked her why, she said, "Because your father and I cancel out each other's vote."

"But, if you don't vote, and he does, then his side has one more vote, and your side has one less vote. If everyone thought that way, less people will vote, and it won't represent the will of all of the people." I was lecturing my mother about politics, and I was 13 years old. She didn't listen and never voted again.

Our country has always been divided in one way or another. It almost feels like we're still in the Civil War. Our ancestors fought for the right to vote, and voting is still being suppressed these hundreds of years later.

Why are we still relying on antiquated forms of government, such as the Electoral College? Why do Rhode Island and California have the same number of Senators? Why are Supreme Court justices life time appointments? Etc.

There are so many changes we need to make in our system. Our forefathers gave us a foundation, which is fine. But this is 2020. Things are quite different now.

Let's breathe, be patient, and let the System run its course. Easy for me to say ...

agate ~

I love that you are crocheting during all of this trauma, drama, and chaos. Whatever we can do to calm us and get us through this nail-biting time is beneficial.

Keep the faith, everyone.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I decided to just go ahead and have my nervous breakdown, so I am watching quite a bit. I am not sure which station I saw it on, but for the first time I got scared. I saw a Republican Representative and Don Jr's girlfriend with many, many DT supporters behind them shouting and saying that they were not going to let this go. They were talking about how the election had been stolen from them. I think DT's children are behind some of this, but of course there are others such as good ole' Rudy G. and other surrogates of the Pres.

There was a demonstration in my city today of DT supporters. I heard it on the news. Also, there were 3 packets found in a nearby suburban city to here. It was scary. There was a picture of Biden, Harris and one other which I didn't get. The flyer it was on threatened of trouble if they were elected.

So my nervous breakdown will continue for awhile I guess.
    Virginia

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

When are all the votes be tallied, and they officially announce a winner? Tonight, or tomorrow or even later?
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Tomorrow or later, Howie, whenever they are finished counting. An extraordinary number of people voted and many were mail in votes that in some areas could not be counted until after the polls closed.

Virginia, take two Dove bars and call us in the morning?
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Ann, I took two pieces of Hersey Nuggets already today.

Lindsey Graham, Newt Gingrich and some other of DT's surrogates were on FOX tonight. I didn't realize we Dems were such bad people until they started telling about how the election had been stolen by us and how crooked we are, and on and on. This was after DT came out earlier and pitched his hissy fit.

I would like to go to bed but things are moving kind of fast and if PA calls tonight I will miss it, after staying up so late the past two nights.

I saw Mary Trump, DT's niece tonight. She is a Psychologist and said DT had never faced anything like this where he didn't have someone to either buy him out of trouble or bail him out. She doesn't know what he will do, but she doesn't think it will be pretty.
    Virginia

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Howie, there could be an official final count by the weekend even though some votes won't yet have been counted. Military families' votes are allowed to come in quite late, for instance.

But even though there's an official tally and someone is officially the winner, there are going to be lawsuits and more lawsuits if the someone who loses is the sitting President. The American people might have to settle for a newly elected President who doesn't live in the White House (Monticello could be a possibility?--isn't it not so far away?) because the current resident won't leave.

I'm only partly joking. I heard some commentator on TV say just today that the government could move to the Four Seasons in Georgetown and operate from there.

Ann, I took two pieces of Hersey Nuggets already today.
    Virginia, if two Nuggets are a good thing, two more would be an even better thing, seems to me. There's a lot to be said for comfort food.
    Last edited by agate; 11-05-2020 at 10:49 PM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Agate, you are so right about comfort food. I have been getting my share since Tuesday. I am not too sure how I would have gotten through this without my comfort food.

They say Joe Biden is very patient and calm in the waiting. Now, why can't I be like our soon to be President Elect (I think)!

You've got a good idea about moving the White House to Monticello, however I want the WH back. We might have to put it together again, but I still want it back.
    It's ours--it belongs to the people. The person living there may have a hard time recognizing that fact, but he is just going to have to do it.

Everyone be careful if you go out today. Howie, that means you too.
    Virginia

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Comfort food recently = Mac and cheese.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Virginia, I'm always careful, but I won't have to go out again until next week. Now get back in that henhouse.
    Last edited by Howie; 11-06-2020 at 04:13 PM.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I have been accepted by the doctor to try the baclofen pump. My first appointment is in two weeks to be assessed by the PA and the doc. Assuming that then they will tell me the process.

Deepest fear is that it will involve overnight inpatient after the surgery, and be isolated from DH due to Covid restrictions. But I will try to stay in the moment. This morning I got a spasm just putting on a sock. I know I need this pump. I cannot walk right now more than a few steps until late afternoon.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast