Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: November, 2020

Distinguished Community Member

Default November, 2020

Well, is it 12:25AM Nov 1st.--or is it 11:25PM October 31st.?

I am going to make a guess and say HAPPY NOVEMBER, the month of Turkeys.

Wish I had some pretty fall leaves to place artistically over this post, but all of you can use your imagination. If you visualize hard enough you can see them drifting down over the post.

I think this month is starting out a little cool. It is cool here, but not snowing like Linda and Ann are experiencing. Actually, it is good exercise if you can shovel the snow.

As everyone knows, we are to have some big changes this month. We still have to wait a little longer to see how it all plays out.

I wish all of you a very HEALTHY and HAPPY November and maybe some of you will be having Thanksgiving.

RABIT, RABIT, RABIT
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you for starting this thread, Virginia!

The month of turkeys, is it? The poor things get to be somebody's dinner.

Fall leaves were wanted? I don't know how artistically they're arranged but I found a few:

Last edited by agate; 10-31-2020 at 09:46 PM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So glad we changed the time ...I am up and gauging the morning light as we still have 2 more farmers market’s to go. Next Saturday I will be driving in the almost light to get there and it will be fully might by 6am when I start setting up. What a relief.

We tied a record low yesterday morning...18°....so we lost all the crops that we were hoping to have for the last markets. Just one night of below freezing temps! Darn. Next weekend it will be 60° on Saturday.

While I skipped yesterday’s market I started cleaning in the house. It was actually fun to be home alone and cooking and cleaning! I made a cake and gave half of it to the fellow who helped John at his market . The cake was good and there are plenty of guys around to eat it. ( so I will not be picking my way through it). So, yesterday, life was fun and busy.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Linda, that sounds like a good day. Sorry you lost the crops you have worked so hard to save.
    Virginia

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Sorry Laz. I am still incredibly amazed at how much pluck you have, you go way beyond what most of us would de: Perseverent. Heroic.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine 2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry Laz. I am still incredibly amazed at how much pluck you have, you go way beyond what most of us would de: Perseverent. Heroic.
    Well Sunshine, I have you as a model! You are one determined lady...
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

The news isn’t great this morning. ... watchful waiting. Wha has a happened to our nation?

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Most all of us want to know what has happened to our beloved country. Stayed up until around 2:30 or little after, back up at 8:45. Yes, Sunshine - watchful, waiting!
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I wrote “Good morning” and then erased it. It’s a tense day. “Greetings” is closer to what I want to say.

We bought Greek food, got our bread from the bakery and filled the gas tank on Monday. It felt like we needed to do something. Like getting ready for a storm.

Last night I made ginger chicken w onions and baked sweet potatoes. Peter had the sweet potatoes and leftover spinach pie. We only turned into the TV at the beginning of each hour and at the half hour. We listened to music between times.

This morning we made a point of checking the NYTs website but not turning on NPR. We are trying mightily not to go crazy.

Virginia, I am sorry you are having dizziness. I once had something that only happened when looking up. Best to you.

Sunshine, I hope the IVIG helps.

Linda, so sorry about the field crops. Recently Chonicle highlighted farms in your area and ginger, tarragon and honey among others. I was looking for your fig trees.

Hang on, eat chocolate, take naps, limit media and keep doing the things you love. Build community - one person at a time - it’s what we can do. Plant some seeds.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have no advice for anyone. Just waiting.

I have some acquaintances who think of themselves as "above" politics. "I like everyone regardless of their politics," is what I hear from them. Or: "I try not to get involved in politics at all with people."

That sounds very lofty and humanitarian. Except that you can't really be "above" politics. Like it or not, we're all embroiled in it every minute of our lives.

Yes, it's a grubby and dirty business quite often. And the kinds of compromises that are made can be heartbreakingly disappointing.

But somehow we stumble on, after having survived many assorted national leaders.

Somehow we'll stumble on through the next 4 years too.

People with MS are experts at stumbling on.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast