No announcement yet.

CN Central: Let's Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rose, I'm thankful that you were able to do the signing more safely. It's so stressful to have to do anything that doesn't quite feel safe. I think you made a very good analogy about being at war. We certainly are right now. The difference is we have so many things to be thankful for and to keep us connected, busy, and entertained. We have plenty of supplies and can order them from our couch. There are so many ways to get extra help where needed as well.
    I called my husband a "flying Wallendas" . He used a ladder for part of it but there was a large section that had bushes up against the house and the ladder just didn't fit. He was not going to give up. His first thought was to get on the roof but (luckily) the ladder wasn't long enough LOL. He's quite fit for a 60 year old. I told my son to maybe leave them up till next year!LOL.
    Be well be safe!
    Mary Grace

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Mary Grace ~

I'm so sorry that I haven't responded to your post after all of this time. I do hope that the Christmas lights will come down safely without any precarious positions for your husband, who is definitely quite fit at 60 years old (as are you, Mary Grace). Your family is beautiful in every way.

Here is my latest update:

As you know, I've had computer issues for several years. My iMac is 11 years old, and I don't shut her down, because she takes a long time to reboot. John was helping me solve a problem with the pond pumps not working after heavy rainfall, and he turned off the power to the TV and the computer. That was New Year's Eve.

Since then, I have spent many hours on the phone and texting with my very dear friend, who is proficient in technology. And extremely patient with me, who is not proficient at all. We finally got rid of Adobe Flash Player, hooked up the Seagate external drive, used Time Machine (thank you funnylegs4 for your guidance in 2019, the last time I backed up the computer), and saved all changes to the external drive. It only took a minute, so I guess I have not added much in a year plus to my database.

As it is clear that my computer needs to be replaced, I ordered a new iMac today. It will take a month to be delivered, so I pray that my old computer will continue working until then. John is on board to set it up for me and help me be able to hook it up to my old computer, so I can transfer data without using the external drive.

So, I am excited and nervous about getting a new computer. At least I will be current, and not 6 generations behind in technology, so I will have access to more things on the computer.

MY DREAM

Before I turn in every night, I ask Jim, Jonathan and Michael to visit me in my dreams.

I dream a LOT, and many of my dreams are confusing, with people I seem to know but don't recognize, or I wake up thinking that a certain person was in my dream, and then, I'm unsure. My dreams are always vivid, but retention of them is a problem, because I sometimes fall back to sleep and have more dreams.

Apparently, my subconscious has quite a bit to sort out.

This morning, i woke up for my nightly trip to the bathroom from a dream about Michael and Jonathan. I was with it enough to go through it in my mind, and I knew that I was with them.

We were in an unfamiliar setting, like a hotel or resort. They were walking, talking, perfectly perfect.

When I was describing this to John today, he asked me, "What were Jon's and Michael's voices like? Since they were nonverbal basically?"

But they weren't always nonverbal, so they sounded like they did, when they were verbal, but more articulate. We hugged, kissed, held hands, laughed, as if everything was perfect.

John asked if Jim was there, and I said that I felt his presence, but it was as if he wanted me to be with our boys. John laughed, "Jim was at the pub, giving you your space."

I am reassured that they are always near and watching over me. I needed that very much at this time, and they came through for me once again.

This year, I have many obstacles before me, as they weren't resolved last year thanks to COVID. As an essential worker, John is eligible for the COVID vaccine in the second tier. I will feel safer with him after he's vaccinated. As it is now, our encounters are brief, mostly outside, and we both wear masks and gloves. Then I spray everything with Lysol.

So, I'm as isolated as anyone can be. With a new computer, I will be able to connect virtually with my loved ones, where I cannot do that with my current OS.

I just want to complete my responsibilities and have all of my ducks in a row. I have to remain healthy to accomplish that goal.

The most important part of this post is: Life doesn't end, when our vessels perish. Life goes on eternally.

I love you all, and I send you healing, positive energy, and prayers to you and your loved ones.

Be well, be safe, dream, and find joy everyday.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
        ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Mary Grace ~

I'm so sorry that I haven't responded to your post after all of this time. I do hope that the Christmas lights will come down safely without any precarious positions for your husband, who is definitely quite fit at 60 years old (as are you, Mary Grace). Your family is beautiful in every way.

Here is my latest update:

As you know, I've had computer issues for several years. My iMac is 11 years old, and I don't shut her down, because she takes a long time to reboot. John was helping me solve a problem with the pond pumps not working after heavy rainfall, and he turned off the power to the TV and the computer. That was New Year's Eve.

Since then, I have spent many hours on the phone and texting with my very dear friend, who is proficient in technology. And extremely patient with me, who is not proficient at all. We finally got rid of Adobe Flash Player, hooked up the Seagate external drive, used Time Machine (thank you funnylegs4 for your guidance in 2019, the last time I backed up the computer), and saved all changes to the external drive. It only took a minute, so I guess I have not added much in a year plus to my database.

As it is clear that my computer needs to be replaced, I ordered a new iMac today. It will take a month to be delivered, so I pray that my old computer will continue working until then. John is on board to set it up for me and help me be able to hook it up to my old computer, so I can transfer data without using the external drive.

So, I am excited and nervous about getting a new computer. At least I will be current, and not 6 generations behind in technology, so I will have access to more things on the computer.

MY DREAM

Before I turn in every night, I ask Jim, Jonathan and Michael to visit me in my dreams.

I dream a LOT, and many of my dreams are confusing, with people I seem to know but don't recognize, or I wake up thinking that a certain person was in my dream, and then, I'm unsure. My dreams are always vivid, but retention of them is a problem, because I sometimes fall back to sleep and have more dreams.

Apparently, my subconscious has quite a bit to sort out.

This morning, i woke up for my nightly trip to the bathroom from a dream about Michael and Jonathan. I was with it enough to go through it in my mind, and I knew that I was with them.

We were in an unfamiliar setting, like a hotel or resort. They were walking, talking, perfectly perfect.

When I was describing this to John today, he asked me, "What were Jon's and Michael's voices like? Since they were nonverbal basically?"

But they weren't always nonverbal, so they sounded like they did, when they were verbal, but more articulate. We hugged, kissed, held hands, laughed, as if everything was perfect.

John asked if Jim was there, and I said that I felt his presence, but it was as if he wanted me to be with our boys. John laughed, "Jim was at the pub, giving you your space."

I am reassured that they are always near and watching over me. I needed that very much at this time, and they came through for me once again.

This year, I have many obstacles before me, as they weren't resolved last year thanks to COVID. As an essential worker, John is eligible for the COVID vaccine in the second tier. I will feel safer with him after he's vaccinated. As it is now, our encounters are brief, mostly outside, and we both wear masks and gloves. Then I spray everything with Lysol.

So, I'm as isolated as anyone can be. With a new computer, I will be able to connect virtually with my loved ones, where I cannot do that with my current OS.

I just want to complete my responsibilities and have all of my ducks in a row. I have to remain healthy to accomplish that goal.

The most important part of this post is: Life doesn't end, when our vessels perish. Life goes on eternally.

I love you all, and I send you healing, positive energy, and prayers to you and your loved ones.

Be well, be safe, dream, and find joy everyday.

Love & Light,

Rose

Hi Rose,

You're very welcome! I'm glad time machine has been so successful for you! I just got a new external drive as a holiday gift but this one will not let me reformat for Time Machine use because it's in a format called "ExFAT" that I'm not familiar with, apparently...so I changed it to storage for individual work backups. It holds video and photos and PDFs so that's all I really need at the moment. What a lovely dream of Jim and the boys.

My work is going well except: One male coworker unfortunately just got diagnosed with prostate cancer, and another female coworker just came down with COVID19 and she has a lot of conditions/disabilities. So can you pray for both of them???
        No worries it's all online work so I'm NOT exposed to COVID19.
        Last edited by funnylegs4; 01-05-2021, 09:14 AM.
        Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
        My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

(((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

funnylegs4 ~

Of course, I am praying for your coworkers. Please update us periodically on how they are. Healing prayers, and positive energy on the way.

You might as well speak Greek to me when you tell me about external drives and ExFat. I do know what a PDF is, however. And a JPG.

I hope you continue to be strong and well, enjoying your many endeavors.

Love & Light,

Rose

Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
            (((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

funnylegs4 ~

Of course, I am praying for your coworkers. Please update us periodically on how they are. Healing prayers, and positive energy on the way.

You might as well speak Greek to me when you tell me about external drives and ExFat. I do know what a PDF is, however. And a JPG.

I hope you continue to be strong and well, enjoying your many endeavors.

Love & Light,

Rose

Hi Rose,
            Thanks so so much for the prayers! In your defense I have no clue what "ExFAT" is either! At least the external drive works LOL. Update on the male with prostate cancer is that his prognosis is very good and he's on radiation for the tumor. The female with COVID19 is exhausted and says her muscles feel very weak but she feels a bit better on each day that passes. :) Keep praying for them? Please?
            Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
            My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Working...
            X