Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CN Central: Let's Talk

Distinguished Community Member

E228C24A-08FB-4D43-A5A6-412C66466758.jpg40378CA0-6B82-4E86-89FD-BD9B77F12328.jpgEB9B7680-205F-4B53-AEC6-9DF9F98BAF72.jpg02F6FC19-8FBF-4B03-B6BC-AF25E4AF8F54.jpg6121F39D-8BE9-4570-B9DC-A7E8E13E3BD3.jpgDonna, So nice to see an update. Sounds like you're keeping busy. I'm glad Jim is on the mends. It must be so hard to lose a caregiver. We had a person who provided community rehab. last year and it was wonderful. She stopped in January and we really missed her. I have 2 people trained for Kathleen but she isn't going out in public or getting close to anyone so we shelved it for now. I miss taking her out and allowing her to go out in the community with someone. We try really hard to fill her days with some fun and active things.
    funnylegs, It must be hard not seeing your friend but it's great that you call him every day I'm sure that's comforting.
    Rose, I got goosebumps when you mentioned your ring flying off your finger. It breaks my heart to see the fires on the news. I can't imagine being even as close as you are and to be affected by the smoke. I agree about making the masks a law! We really need to. I have a cousin who works in health care and she just had to quit her job because she is being exposed frequently to others who aren't wearing masks patients and coworkers. She lives with her 92 year old mom and just can't take the chance. We had my brother and sister over last week outside and distanced. I made a pot of chili to share for lunch. It may be the last time I see them in person for a while. Unless we have a really nice day. Today it's snowing! Luckily we had a few trees taken down last weekend. It really scared me the last storm we had, they're very close to our house. It was pretty amazing to watch them work. That was mine and Kathleen's Saturday entertainment LOL. I'm starting work on mentally preparing for not getting together with family for the holidays... It will be fine and if all of my family is healthy I will be fine with staying home and keeping it that way. NY's numbers are still very good but I'm trying to not let my guard down. I'm with donna I try and not watch the news. It's really hard to even imagine going back to normal and hugging again! I think it's one thing that Kathleen misses. She's a big hugger! Yesterday we celebrated Kathleen's brother's cat's birthday. She made me buy a present we wrapped it and she made him (Milo) a birthday hat and card. She LOVES birthdays. He brought Milo over for a visit on his lunch (he works from home). I'll post a picture when I can. We actually celebrate and sing happy birthday to someone every night before bed. She decides who's birthday it is sometimes it's a real one sometimes it's a stuffed animal. It's very sad to see things that are still shut down... We will not be having our annual Halloween party this year but we'll try and make it a fun night. We have another big pumpkin to carve, cook some seeds, and maybe a fire in the backyard.
    These days I'm very thankful for a healthy family more than ever and pray for all my friends here to be safe.
    Mary Grace
    Edited to add some photos from our COVID Halloween! Kathleen LOVES her cars and her favorite hot wheels car right now is blue with flames. She insisted on being her hot wheels car so this is what I came up with ��*♂️
    Last edited by mg12061; 10-31-2020 at 04:04 PM.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Happy Birthday Jonathan!

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 5.25.33 PM.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DARLING SON!

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

There is a party in Heaven tonight celebrating Jonathan's 51st birthday. Jim and Michael are surrounding Jonathan, and every one of our loved ones, who have passed, and lots of our favorite celebrities are attending the jubilant occasion of Jonathan's birth.

The Angels Danced the Day You Were Born ~ and now they dance with you in Bliss.

Fifty one years ago, I was two weeks overdue, and labor was induced. I was huge, because you were a whopping 9 lbs 7 oz. Two weeks later, I nearly bled to death and ended up in surgery, then with you in a cradle next to my bed as I recovered in the hospital.

From there, what a journey! Every crisis, every awful thing you had to cope with and overcome, the loss of your many skills over time, not being able to eat lasagna or veggie burgers or pancakes. All of the times you were in the hospital, on a vent.

And, of course, the same is true for Michael. My two amazing, incredible, beautiful, brave boys.

Today, I ordered from Instacart and now our home is filled with floral bouquets, a variety of succulent plants, and balloons. I celebrate you and Thank God for blessing me with you. I know you are all in His Arms now, where you belong, and that you are happy, whole, and free. And I rejoice.

But, I will never stop missing you until we are reunited. Please wait for me.

My love for you is boundless and eternal. Happy Birthday my beautiful, sweet, wonderful son!

Love & Light,

Mommy

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Mary Grace)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that I didn't see your post, before I posted for Jonathan's birthday.

I love your Halloween decorations, and what a great picture of your beautiful children! Your pumpkin on the table is hilarious! Did he have too much tequila the night before? I think this is the first vomiting pumpkin I've seen in my long life. You should win a prize or an award!

Kathleen is right. Every day is somebody's birthday. Jonathan often mentioned birthdays to us, when he knew it wasn't our birthdays or his. But then, we'd just say, "Well, why not celebrate our birthdays anyway?!" So, in both of their rooms, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY banner in letters is on the wall and has been for years.

Kathleen is Joy, of course, and she brings that in everything she says and does. You are all holding up very well during the limitations of the pandemic, and you are finding new ways to create a safe, fun, loving environment. You're doing everything you can and should be doing. It's painful, sad, and scary. But you have been ensuring that all needs are met, and with love and faith, you're succeeding.

I pray that you will remain safe and well and discover new ways to celebrate the holidays with your family and friends. It won't be the same, but at least you can connect in some way.

Sending love, prayers, and healing positive energy to you and to all here and your loved ones ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

Blog Entries

My dear Rose,
    Happy Birthday to your sweet Jon in heaven!!! There are so many people whose lives he has touched. Jon has shown us the magic of pure love and purity of soul. Officer Greenwood witnessed this, John of course times one million, our family here at CN and my family personally. We are all so much richer for knowing Jon and Michael. May God hold your Jon in the cradle of his arm especially today. xoxo Donna
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

6. The following user says "thanks"

Rose, No need to apologize! I loved reading your post. Happy Birthday to Jonathan! Your words never fail to paint me a vivid picture of your beautiful family. As Donna said we are all richer for knowing your family.
    We have been so lucky that past week, the weather has been unseasonably warm 70 and sunny! What a gift. We were able to see a close friend and have a campfire. They are great friends and Kathleen adores them. They had music in the backyard and let Kathleen pick all the songs. It was like having her own personal DJ. We even had a sing along! Thank you for your very kind words. We are very blessed and I'm thankful for so many things, mostly the time we have together as a family and our good health.
    I've done the vomiting pumpkin before for parties but created the vomit with cooked apple and used sweet potato chips to scoop it.690AE3B4-90AF-4283-876D-4A850F878CC1.jpg here’s a picture of it...
    Keeping everyone in my prayers. Stay healthy and safe.
    Mary Graceu

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Donna ~

Thank you so much for your love and praise for Jonathan and Michael. They are loved by all who knew them, met them, cared for them, and prayed for them. While we are connected spiritually in many ways, and they visit me in my dreams periodically, I miss them so profoundly. That isn't even the best word ~ I find that "yearning" is a better description of how I feel.

The flowers, plants and balloon I ordered are helping me feel more at peace. I have LED votives in Michael's room (Our Sanctuary), which are still going after 3 days!

The 17 year old window blinds in the office collapsed on Saturday. Sunday, John visited to measure and help me with a legal issue and the pond power outage we had after a hard rain last week. Yesterday, he arrived with new blinds and installed them for me. I don't know what I would do without him, and I thank God that I don't have to know.

When his family and friends inquire about me, he tells them that I'm "doing remarkably well, slowing down a bit more, but still sharp as a tack!" He's also commented that although he lost his mom in March, "she gave me the perfect replacement."

Yesterday, while installing the blinds, he asked me about my childhood here, where I went to school (he knows my high school), what life was like. He loves to walk down Memory Lane with me. He was the same way with Jim, asking him about his life and experiences. And every time we are together, we talk about Jim, Jon, Michael, his family, his parents, our life on the street, when his folks lived 2 doors down. We have a very deep bond, and I know it benefits both of us.

This morning, John texted that he and his wife were taking their 21 year old cat to the vet, as she is clearly in the the process of dying. They are so sad, of course, as she is their first pet, when they met. They have 2 small dogs and another cat, and they all have had medical issues for a long time. One of their dogs has to wear a diaper. They are so devoted to their pets. I'm so sorry for them, as we've had so many losses this year, and it just doesn't seem to end for either of us.

My love and prayers for you, Jim, Nick, Natalie and your wonderful family continue. How is Jim feeling these days? Any success with reducing the Prednisone? How is Nick coping with losing his caregiver? And how are you holding up in the midst of all of this? Sending healing, positive energy your way ~

Mary Grace ~

I have a feeling you shared a photo of the vomiting pumpkin last year, and I forgot. That's highly likely these days. Nonetheless, it is brilliant.

I'm so happy that you've had good weather and enjoyed partying with your friends outside with a campfire, music, and dancing. As it should be. The old adage, "when life hands you lemons, make lemonade," certainly applies to you!

Sending my love and prayers to you and your wonderful family too.

Of course, my prayers are with all of our dear friends here. May we all find ways to celebrate our blessings.

Love & Light,

Rose

Blog Entries

Hi Rose,
    Happy Belated Birthday to Jon! It's so nice to hear the story of how he entered the world, I'm so sorry you had birth complications through. Jon blessed all of us with his presence on earth.

Update on me: Working a lot and love it. Halloween was uneventful besides waving to neighbors. My diabetic friend has healed. I think one of my other friends is going a little bonkers in social distancing....
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

11. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mg12061 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rose, No need to apologize! I loved reading your post. Happy Birthday to Jonathan! Your words never fail to paint me a vivid picture of your beautiful family. As Donna said we are all richer for knowing your family.
    We have been so lucky that past week, the weather has been unseasonably warm 70 and sunny! What a gift. We were able to see a close friend and have a campfire. They are great friends and Kathleen adores them. They had music in the backyard and let Kathleen pick all the songs. It was like having her own personal DJ. We even had a sing along! Thank you for your very kind words. We are very blessed and I'm thankful for so many things, mostly the time we have together as a family and our good health.
    I've done the vomiting pumpkin before for parties but created the vomit with cooked apple and used sweet potato chips to scoop it.690AE3B4-90AF-4283-876D-4A850F878CC1.jpg here’s a picture of it...
    Keeping everyone in my prayers. Stay healthy and safe.
    Mary Graceu
    The vomiting pumpkin is hilarious.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

13. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Default Happy Birthday Michael!

Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 7.59.58 PM.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DARLING SON!

The Heavenly Party continues, as it always had, because we had "Birthday Weeks" instead of Days. Many cakes, parties, celebrations, and so much joy each birthday brought for us.

Today, on Veteran's Day, this is your milestone 50th birthday. On this day, 50 years ago, you surprised me in the middle of the night that you were ready to face this world. Unlike Jonathan, who was overdue, you were 3 weeks early. Still, you weighed 7 lbs 3 oz.

You were breech, and you were taken from me immediately, because you had a high bilirubin count. You and I had incompatible blood, and once you left the uterus, I was no longer supplementing you. You were in a NICU, wearing goggles and a diaper, under a UV light. No swaddling, alone.

Three times a day, you were brought to me, so that I could hold you, feed you, let you hear my heart beat. The rest of the time in those 7 days, I stood in front of the nursery watching you, praying for you, and asking the nurses about you.

For 32 years, you struggled valiantly with so many health issues and 22 years of seizures. And so did your beloved brother, who missed you and said your name, watched your videos and communicated with you for the past 17 years since you received your wings.

You and Jonathan survived for so long to the astonishment of all of the medical professionals, who served you. And saved you, with love and compassion. They saw our love for you, and they did all that they could for you. Your Earthly lives were extended by their dedication, love and prayers from around the world, and miracles.

Thank you for all of the love you gave to everyone, the sacrifices you made to enlighten and awaken others, to be inspiring, to be teachers.

Thank you so much, my darlings, for choosing me to be your mother.

Now, you, Jonathan, and the World's Most Wonderful Dad, are celebrating your 50th birthday in Bliss. You are free, whole and happy together. That is your gift to me on your birthdays. Still, I miss you beyond description.

The Angels Danced on the Day You Were Born ~ and now they dance with you in Bliss.

I adore you ~

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 6.23.48 PM.jpg

MY LOVES, MY LIFE, MY EVERYTHING

Happy Birthday in Heaven! Please wait for me ~

Love & Light,

Mommy

Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 11-11-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Blog Entries

Happy Belated Birthday to wonderful Michael! I had no idea he was premature. Did they ever link any of his health conditions to his prematurity? I never knew Michael in person and I joined the forum way after he died but I still felt like I knew him through your posts. He is amazing just like Jon.

UPDATE ON ME: One of my relatives had a kidney stone yesterday and the pain was so bad I had to call 911. I had to watch them in agony and I had to be the one that helped them physically until the medics arrived. I was obviously terrified but unlike when my teacher had his dizzy spell I was able to have a more active role instead of watching helplessly. It seems God thinks I can handle these types of situations despite having limited physical ability myself...everything is fine now, no pain or complications but I swear if I see that again I'm gonna need therapy...

16. The following user says "thanks"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast