Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: October chitchat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default October chitchat

I don't know how it got to be October already but it did.

What have you been up to? What's on your mind?

I keep hoping we'll get news of Jeanie. And that renee will be able to check in. There are other people who pop in now and then who haven't popped in for quite a while. It would be nice to hear from them.

Linda, I hope John is improving.

I'm on my way to the doctor today for a required diabetic foot exam and a flu shot, and I probably will pick up a special container for a test the doctor wants--a 24-hour urine test. It looks as if the ride situation will work out well, and the weather isn't too hot or too cold, and that's good too.

I paid the bills yesterday just in case the flu shot wipes me out this evening, when I would normally be paying those 4 bills.

Hope everyone is staying safe and well.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

Distinguished Community Member

Thank you for starting the month off, Agate. Rabbit, rabbit. Any good luck that comes I will share.

I had no reaction to this years senior flu shot. May the force be with you.

It’s a sad time of the year - nothing to plant after the garlic. I will have microgreens under growlights later in the year and am doing sprouts in jars in the kitchen now but that is all of my gardening.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

3. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Thanks Agate for getting us started for October.

What the heck is going on with my computer? Anyone get up to a completely different setup this morning. I am not talking about how it is normally updated. This time it did away with "WORD" which I use for my passwords. I have a ton of stuff in there.

It also did away with my favorites - all of them. I had to put this site in to search to get to it and I can't figure out how to save it. I got to my bank by putting in the banks name and looking it up. Fortunately, I remember my password for there and here. They changed my settings from the side to the bottom of my computer. It is totally crazy. How can I get my passwords back in word and how can I get my favorites bar back? Anyone know?
    Virginia

5. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Virginia, unfortunately I do not speak Microsoft.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

7. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Flu shot me wiped me out for half the day only.

Virginia, maybe you were hacked....you migh have to hire someone to help you recover. Nothing worse than computer problems . Life was easier before them!

Lots going on here medically speaking. Still checking in with you all though, waiting for news on Jeanie and Renee.

I wonder if you , ANN have any interest in a solarium. Like a porch completely glassed in. Some plants might survive there?
    And there are always house plants :)

9. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, I believe you have Windows but can't recall what version. I can't be of much help with your questions but I have Windows 10, and have had things like that happen after an upgrade has been done. They do these upgrades really often, and some of them take hours to do. You might not know they've done one unless you happen to be noticing at the time when they're doing it, and later you might wonder why everything has changed.

I just change it all back but it's a nuisance. You have to dig around in the Settings section of whatever it is you're trying to change.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

11. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I have Windows 8.1, and had to struggle to keep that. I had Windows 10 for a few days, and hated it. But when this computer stops working, I may be forced to use Windows 10. That is what all the newer computers come with.

I spent today calling Comcast, and my old doctor. I was going to switch to a new doctor, and they wouldn't refill the Gabapentin. So I went back to my old doctor, and have an appointment on the 20th.

So now, or soon, I'm going to eat. I made some fresh coleslaw. Payday tomorrow, or Saturday, and I'll do my shopping. All my bills have been paid, so I'm free from here on.

Everyone have a pleasant evening.
    Last edited by Howie; 10-01-2020 at 12:58 PM.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

13. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Howie, I don't understand why they would not give you Gabapentin. I am so sorry you are having to go through all this.

I have worked on the computer all day. It was a complete new overhaul of windows 10 done during the night last night. Finally, just a few minutes ago she got me back into my old word where I have my passwords and I printed them out. She also got me back to my regular home page so now I have all my "favorites". I would like to print those out also, but I can't find a way. There are copious amounts of them. I am totally beat. Since she left me in the older version it probably means that when they do another update everything will be off again. This has been such a wasted day. I have not even dressed.

I would like to do a back up, but I do not have an unused usb to put in the usb port.

Hope all of you had a better day than me.

Jeanie was to be operated on today.
    Virginia

15. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

I am running Windows 10, wish I still had Windows 7, my fave Windows OS.

Right now my laptop and mobile phone are not being nice to me, but the laptop is more manageable. I just wanted to renew my Netflix subscription.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

17. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Virginia, I wish I knew what the problem with the Gabapentin. This new doctor is in an ideal location for me to go to. It's right across from my grocery store. But instead, I have to go back to my old doctor which is across town. Oh well, I tried.

You know, my 2005 PT Cruiser has 28,000 miles on it. That's nothing. I don't drive much these days. But when I was young, I practically lived in a car. Cruising the strip, chasing women. Those were the days! (SNAP OUT OF IT OLD MAN)
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

19. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast