Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: October chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

OH, I forgot to ask. Agate, do we get paid tomorrow by chance, or Saturday?
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Howie, the Social Security Website is saying that payday (for me) will be tomorrow. I can't guarantee that that will be what happens for you though because the scheduling of the paydays seems to be different depending on what state you're in. My guess is that for you it's probably tomorrow as well. Enjoy!
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

Thank you for starting the October chitchat.

How did your doctor's visit go today? Did you mention your shoulder and wrist?

I have never had a flu shot. Jon and Michael had flu shots as a requirement to attend an adult day program in the early 90s, and they were both sick (as were all of the participants in the program) on and off for a couple of months. We always isolated during flu season, with the exception of hospitalizations, where we wore masks.

Jim had a pneumonia vaccine in 2015, which our PCP forced him to do to protect Jonathan. Bad idea as he was in an RA flare, and he was in bed sick for 10 days.

I hope that you and everyone, who has had the flu shot, do well with it.

Virginia ~

I feel your "pain," because anything to do with a computer drives me around the pole. I always say, "Computers are great, until they aren't."

Thank goodness you got technical support. I found this article and wondered if this is what happened to your computer:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/28/tech/...age/index.html

I have and have always had a Mac. We don't use Windows, and we don't have these kinds of problems.

I hope you can relax now and sleep well.

Jendi ~

So nice to see you here! How are you? I hope you are well and safe.

Howie ~

Have you had a visit with the new doctor? If so, I wonder why the doctor wouldn't prescribe you Gabapentin. It's just ridiculous that you have to chase after this medication.

ANN ~

Have you considered grow lights or a hydroponic garden, if you have the space in an enclosed area? I'm sure you'll miss all of the wonderful food you produced.

Linda ~

Prayers that you and John are doing well.

Sunshine ~

Jim and Jon used a nebulizer, and the dosage was the same as yours. Are you using Albuterol? If so, be aware that it can elevate your heart rate. I always checked SATS and heart rate before and after a treatment. Do you have a pulse oximeter? I highly recommend that you get one, if you don't.

How is your DD fairing with the fire? It's about 65% contained now, but our air is still unhealthy in the afternoons, while only fair in the mornings.

Jeanie ~

Praying that your surgery went well today and that you will have a rapid recovery.

As for me ... John took me out this afternoon to run some errands, and thankfully his car has excellent air conditioning. Yesterday it was 108. Today it was cooler at 101. It doesn't take long for me to feel the effects, like a few minutes, such as profuse sweating and feeling a little weak.

John is super cognizant of this reaction, and he makes sure that I get to shade or a/c or a fan quickly.

It is always a joy to be with John. We share our memories of Jon and Jim, and how much we love and miss them. And, he lets me talk and unload on him, with such kindness and love for me and our family.

And we laugh a lot. I need that laughter, because it is healing.

He fixed my iPad, looked at the light bulbs I need to replace and told me that he is here to help me get on with whatever I am up to doing. "I don't want you to worry about getting it all done, Rose. I know that is stressing you out. But we don't have to do ALL of it at once."

I guess I just fear that my good fortune will run out, and I'll be struck with some catastrophic illness. I don't want to leave this mess behind.

So, I'm trying to focus on one thing at a time now. It's not going well ...

I wish I had a button to click on to make all of this not invade my mind or being every day. Alas, it would probably be broken anyway.

One moment, one step at a time. It's the best I or probably any of us in these tumultuous times can do. And we're doing it!

My prayers are with you all. May you be well, safe, and as content as possible.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 10-01-2020 at 04:57 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Agate, I usually get paid when you do, but I'll check before I take off. Good ol' online banking!

Rose, I never even saw this new doctor. I got an email (I think) telling me she could prescribe all my other meds, but not Gabapentin. Maybe it's my long hair, so that means I abuse drugs. That's the only reason I can think of.

But I'm back with my old doc, who wrote the last prescription, so problem solved. I just love being stressed out!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Community Member

Again with the gabapentin? It's not like it is oxy, or something. In fact, I have spent more time getting doctors NOT to prescribe it, than to prescribe it.
    Last edited by Ikoiko; 10-01-2020 at 06:16 PM.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I take it to prevent seizures which I never want to have another, and it has worked great for that. I had 15 seizures one night, and I saw my doctor the next day, and he started me on it, and I haven't had another since. So it's very important to me that I don't stop taking it. Seizures are the pits!!!

Albert Einstein

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Howie, what a mess and after your sweet Sister found that close by Doctor for you.

Rose, I read the article and I don't think that had anything to do with mine. I think they just updated my windows 10 and it somehow got rid of half of what I had. I still have to try to get my e-mail back the way it was. I am going to see if Spectrum will help me with that.

When I sit for literally hours working on something like that it just is worse than working a full day.

Agate, hope your Doctors appointment went well and that you do not have any adverse reaction from the flu vaccine. I have heard you say that sometime you do. Sitting in a straight back chair most all day did not do my arthritis one bit of good. Hope yours is better.
    Virginia

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Community Member

Howie, I know you need it for seizures! That is why I can't understand why your doctors are so reluctant to prescribe it. I have doctors who keep wanting me to take it for nerve pain, but it makes me too sleepy. That is why I said doctors keep pushing it on me. A bit of hyperbole.
    Last edited by Ikoiko; 10-01-2020 at 10:38 PM.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you for starting the month off, Agate. Rabbit, rabbit. Any good luck that comes I will share.

I had no reaction to this years senior flu shot. May the force be with you.

Itís a sad time of the year - nothing to plant after the garlic. I will have microgreens under growlights later in the year and am doing sprouts in jars in the kitchen now but that is all of my gardening.

ANN

We just started picking haricot verts! At tomorrowís market I will be selling them, Japanese and Italian eggplant, escarole, sun gold tomatoes,lots of sweet peppers mixed in bags with different shapes and colors and a stunning display of houseplants
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

So good to hear from you, Linda. Your offerings for the market sound wonderful. I hope you and John are recovered from that frightening heart/ ambulance ordeal.

I am still harvesting a second planting of beans - five varieties plus Christmas limas. And I have put a fall garden in that I will cover in poly when itís time.

I just really miss the planting and the miracles of the seeds.
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 10-02-2020 at 04:30 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast