Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Labor Day!!!

Distinguished Community Member

Default Happy Labor Day!!!

Hope all of you are having a good Labor Day.

I am not doing anything. Just around the house. Going now to get a late shower and wash my hair. Then I will have to fix it. That's the bad part.

However, my Labor Day is much better than last year. On Labor Day of last year I came down with the shingles. Just sitting in my hairdressers chair getting my hair done and little red dots began to show up on my forehead. Before night I had broken out on that side of my face.

Which, of course, makes me think of Jeanie (which we do anyway). Just hoping she is not still dealing with shingles in addition to the leg issue. I expect that is almost gone now.

Everyone have a great day!
    Virginia

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Hi Virginia,

We are having a slow day, kind of an extra Sunday. We’re getting out some clutter and newspapers as the cleaners are coming tomorrow.

I also have to wash my hair later today.

Cheers!
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I took a 45 minute shower and hair wash. I do that a lot when I want the conditioner to stay on my hair for awhile. During that time I shave legs, scrub back with back scrubber, and all that stuff. I blew my hair dry in the direction I wanted it to go, then I curled it. I of course put body lotion on. All this makes me feel better. Nothing like a 45 minute hot shower.

Now, I am going to choose another "fluff and junk" type book. Still can't read anything else since the one that made me so depressed. After that I think I will order a sub from Jersey Mikes's.

Ann glad you and Peter are having a good day.
    Virginia

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

Looks like I missed the memo ~ I washed my hair yesterday! A 45 minute shower sounds luxurious to me. We are supposed to limit our showers to 15 minutes to conserve water, since we are still in a drought. Showers are recommended rather than baths also.

I often wonder how many people adhere to these rules. My neighbors water their front yard every morning for a 1/2 hour. We are supposed to water no more than 3 times a week for 15 minutes per watering. They also run their a/c constantly.

It reached 109 degrees here yesterday, so I had to run my a/c for a couple of hours. Thankfully, today, the high was only 84 degrees. I'm grateful for the coolness.

I do hope that Jeanie's shingles have resolved. Keeping her in my prayers.

Enjoy your book and sub!

ANN ~

These holidays tend to cause me to forget what day it is. It is like an extra Sunday.

I dream of the time, when I actually see a difference in the clutter here. I keep working on it, and maybe someday, it will be gone.

Sweet dreams to all!

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Happy Labor Day to all!

Rose, 109 degrees!!! Very stressful for all living things, I'm sure. And I've been seeing horrific news stories about the fires in California. I hope you're managing to stay cool.

My son's household has just acquired two more cats. They are a brother and sister, one year old. They were down to 2 cats and a dog, and so now there are 4 cats and a dog. One is black, and the other is black and white.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I heard on the news about the temperature and fires in Calif. I hope none are close to you Rose.

We have had times here when I would not have taken a long shower like that. It was miserable. However, we have had a lot of rain this year and our water tables are high so we are not being asked to conserve. I am glad.

Agate with 4 cats and 1 dog there will not be enough room for little William. You might just have to take him! We haven't seen any recent pictures. Does he still like to dance?
    Virginia

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

He dances and strums a guitar, "plays" the piano. There was a video of him stirring some plastic cups around in some water while saying very clearly, "I'm making eggs."

I'll try to get some photos here before long. This has been a weekend when a lot of things went wrong. First the TV went out, then there was a PC update resulting in a problem about a driver for a scanner I no longer have. Then there was a strong wind in this area with a lot of power outages, and my computer got knocked out. After about an hour of trying to get back online, I finally made it but it's late now here.

Then a neighbor lost her dog. The dog should have been on a leash of course but somehow it got away. Another neighbor was out in the night with the strong wind blowing, helping her to look for it. I don't know yet if the dog turned up but around here it's quite dark outside even without any power outage. So I hope my neighbors are OK out there.

I was out earlier and was noticing how strong the wind was and how weird it felt out there--very hot and sultry but with wind whipping around.

If it isn't one thing, it's another.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I agree Agate, if it isn't one thing it's another, but just think you had such an exciting Labor Day Holiday!
    Virginia

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

One of the new cats now in residence at my son's and DIL's--the male. The other one is still in hiding.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by agate; 09-08-2020 at 11:12 AM.

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Here's William at 2 years (taken August 10):

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast