Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: September Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Loved the cookie story agate
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Good morning, Kind People.

Are Virginia and Rose missing? Do you know anything, Agate?

Howie and Sunshine let us know how you are when you can.

Linda, I saw your comment to Agate but how are you? The debacle with the ambulances was a big stress and MS doesn’t like stress.

I’m hoping all here are well and coping. I had my hair cut and colored today. I had the first appointment since 4 PM Saturday and there are only the two of us in the shop. She still takes temperatures and asks customers to sanitize their hands and masks are required the whole time. I felt confident but I can’t say there would be zero risk.

I’m losing my hair - not auto-immune- it’s been happening for years. I have a wig ready for the day I need it. I’m in the hat and wide hair band stage now. Worse things happen but I mourn my hair a little.

Now let’s eat chocolate!
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 09-29-2020 at 11:24 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I'm doing fine. I had to make TWO trips out today. The first I went to the store, and thought it would be my last trip out until payday.

I got a carton of cigs (yeah, I smoke) got home and everything put away, and was ready to smoke, and drink coffee. I flicked my lighter, and nothing. I tried again and again, and realized I would have to go out again.

But I only had to go to the gas station where I get gas. It's just down the street, and around the corner. NOW, I'm in for the day. I MAY be able to stay in until Monday, other that to go to the mailbox to drop off some bills.

Everyone have a great day!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sorry--I have no recent news of Rose or Virginia, and they haven't had anything to say in several days. I'm going to try not to be concerned but that clucking reflex is hard to stop.

stillstANNding, I'd like to know what the wide hair stage is because my hair is getting very thin too and I'm always trying to think of ways to "volumize" it. I got that word "volumize" from the label on some can of mousse because I try out various types of mousse. I think that "volumizing" must be a way of giving hair more body.

I have a wig too but can't bring myself to wear it. Maybe I'm afraid someone will just yank it off my head, and I'll be exposed as someone with fake hair instead of WYSIWYG.

Bald is very fashionable these days. I wouldn't enjoy being totally bald and so I'm still trying to make my hair look like a head of hair instead of hair in patches but it's a losing battle.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Agate, I’m sorry you are having hair loss problems, too. I’m in the hat or “wide hair band” stage. I have always had baby-fine hair but a lot of it. I’ve never had big hair. I would be run out of Texas.

ANN

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I am still around. Fighting off MS stuff and the last couple of days I've included arthritis in that. About 3 days ago I woke with one knee swollen and hurting even while lying in bed. Yesterday my wrist on that same side started, so I've been laying kind of low.

My brother and his wife came earlier today and brought just a few groceries. Also, she had made chili and homemade soup. I am going to have the chili tonight and then tomorrow and Thursday I will eat the soup. After they left I went to the Post Office to mail my ballot and then I went to a little sandwich and soup shop close by and bought some pimento cheese to eat with my chili or soup. They make it there and it is just a bit hot, not too much, just has a bite which I like.

I had phone appointment with Neurologist office the latter part of last week. Kind of depressing. I think if they had their way they would put me in bubble wrap until everything with COVID is over. I asked him about having my maid back and I told him she said she would wear a mask. His reply was "Virginia, every time you reintroduce someone else into your life, you are also introducing everyone they have had contact with. I am not comfortable with you doing that and would prefer that you do not." I laughed and said in that case I guess my high school reunion is out. I had received an e-mail the day before and our 5 year reunion was due back in the Spring. Since that was not possible they are now thinking of having a mini reunion about November 14th. It would just be local people and people within easy driving range. I got a real firm NO from Neurologist office on that. I laughed and said "You didn't know people my age still had high school reunions did you?" He was laughing and said he wasn't thinking that. That what he was thinking was that there were probably not two people from his class that he would cross the street to see. He is only in his 40s. I remember having fun at mine when I was that age.

I paid a few bills today when I finally got my mail. First time since early last week. Then I typed this and two joints (one on each hand) have swollen. So guess this little bout with arthritis is kind of making its way over my body.

I washed linens this morning, so I will make my bed and I am going to try and get comfortable and then tonight I plan to watch some TV. Hope all of you who desire to will watch same thing I plan to.

Hope everyone is well.
    Virginia

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Virginia, I've heard people say (often) that weather affects their arthritis, and here you are having an arthritis flareup at the very time when I must have been having one too. Could it be true that the changing seasons--onset of colder weather--makes it act up?

My hand has calmed down quite a bit but for a few days I was happy to hold it in the warm oven for a few moments or pass it through warm water because it felt good. Years ago my doctor suggested warm water soaks for my hands each day. I haven't kept up with those at all but maybe that would help to keep this hand/wrist/arm problem from happening again.

Do you do anything for your arthritis swelling/pain/inflammation/stiffness?

I know what you mean about seeking out the little comforts--like you with the pimiento cheese. I'm looking forward to some red seedless grapes I have waiting for me in the fridge. If tonight's TV viewing is too unbearable, nibbling on those grapes might cheer me up.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I am not “tv viewing” tonight on purpose. I don’t want to cringe or yell one of the few obscenities I know.

Instead, Peter and I are enjoying the cats and listening to music on the radio while he does some catching up on work email.

Virginia, you have a very caring neurologist. I hope the painful joints wander away.

ANN

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Ann, Sam can teach you some new obscenities, she's heard me yell all of them over the years.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

We're so lucky to have Howie as a resource here. Not only does he do dentistry--he enriches our vocabularies.

I kept saying I wouldn't watch TV tonight too but I weakened and watched anyway.

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 LastLast