2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Hi SuzE!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Oh, the big news about all things medical, my sister is taking me to a NEW doctor today, but it's only to give them the right to get all my medical records sent to them. Plus this doctor (actually, she's a NP) is right next to my Food Lion, and bank, and CVS.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

That’s really good news, Howie.

ANN

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Thanks sister....uh, I mean Ann.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

My sister came by today, and took me to the new doctor's office so I could sign a consent form that authorizes them to get my medical records from my old doctor. Now I need to probably make an appointment so I can tell them I am about to run out of gabapentin. I have 2 refills left on the script, but I don't want to run out. We'll see later this month, or the early part of next month.

And after getting back home, I decided I need to make a store run. I really had to talk myself into going. But I went, got what I needed, and made it home safely. I did say a prayer as I usually do, to make it there and back, and not hurt anyone, or myself.

Everyone have a great day!
    Last edited by Howie; 09-09-2020 at 06:13 PM.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Howie, glad things are looking up regarding the prescriptions and getting them on time. One time I had a problem with my current Neuro and I told him that I had been on the same medication for years and since there wasn't any other MS medication he could give me, as long as he just refilled my prescriptions I would be happy and not give him in trouble. He just looked at me as though to say, well at least she has nerve. Actually, I said it in a nice way. So glad you have Sister Ann. What a Godsend, in so many ways. Would give anything to have a sister.

Yesterday I went to get my hair cut and colored. I really have not been feeling well, but she had another customer at the same time as me. I didn't see her and she didn't see me, but after putting the color on my hair she took me to a back room that is empty where I set while she was working on the other lady. I stumbled a little and told her I felt dizzy. When she was through with the other lady and had cleaned the chair she came and got me and I stumbled pretty bad. She took hold of my arm to get me back in her chair. When she washed and rinsed my hair, she noticed I was still unsteady. When I left her I asked for a small bottle of water. I had not drank any before that because I would have to take my mask off. She offered to walk me to my car, but I went on my own and drank the water. I then went to the grocery store. At one point I was looking up to get something that was really too high for me. I got VERY dizzy. I quickly looked down and I was able to finish my grocery shopping.

Anyway, I have also had stretching and numbness down the shin of my left leg. I do have that sometime, but this went on all night and today. I am sitting a lot, but stood to peel potatoes, carrots and cut onion and wash beef to put beef stew on. I thought maybe the standing for awhile would help, but not really. I am wondering if I am having an exacerbation. I guess since there is nothing I can do that I know of, it probably doesn't matter.

Just venting!!!
    Virginia

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Hi Virginia. So sorry you are experiencing symptoms and that the hairdresser had someone else in the shop while you were there.

I sautéed some yellow summer squash (Gold Bar) with onion, arugula and thyme. I wondered what you had been cooking and/or eating.

I had a dermatology appointment this morning. They are still doing a strict protocol at the Brigham- Mass General practices. And the doctors are wearing masks and face shields. <thumbs up>

ANN - not Howie’s sister

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Howie ~

I'm so glad that Sister Ann is helping you, and that you have a new NP now. I hope this one turns out better than the last one. Have you looked up the doctor on line for reviews? I always do that before seeing a new doctor.

And, I'm thankful that you made it to/from the store safely. God is the perfect co-pilot.

Virginia ~

I'm so sorry that you are continuing to have dizziness and balance issues. Are you taking your blood pressure a few times a day, just to rule it out as a cause? Would Prednisone help with an exacerbation? Just a short course?

After the hairdresser and the store, it was ambitious of you to make stew. How did it turn out?

I hope your shin pain and dizziness resolve very soon. Prayers on the way ~

ANN ~

Your squash sound delicious, and I'm sure it is. Did you get good results from the dermatologist?

FIRES ...

I woke up this morning to brown skies. I hadn't slept well, so I decided to cancel my morning walk. I turned on the local news, and our area was shown on the weather map as high risk for fire. I realized that I hadn't really pinpointed one of the fires, so I Googled and discovered that it's about 20 miles from me as the crow flies.

By late morning, I noticed that the pond fountain was pumping low, so I ventured into the backyard to check it. The pond was low on water, so I refilled it.

While waiting for the refill, I scanned the skies, a 360 degree brown haze, obscuring the sun. I could smell fire. This is an acrid smell, which is unmistakable. Especially to me, since I've lived through countless fires over the years. Standing in the middle of the yard, I noticed white flakes dropping down, like sifted powdered sugar.

I remembered a fire some years ago, which was closer to us, and our yards and house were covered in ash, as well as debris, like chips of wood and bark. One year there was an even closer fire to us, such that we could see the flames from our front yard. Thankfully, it was extinguished quickly.

Of course, last year, a fire started next to the hospital, when Jim was having a radiation treatment. When John was finally able to get in to pick us up, we could see the flames as we drove out. That was also extinguished quickly.

I wouldn't want to deal with hurricanes, but at least they leave and don't continue to destroy everything. Fires keep burning. The one nearest us is now expected not to be contained until October 15!

We need to save our planet!

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 5.24.47 PM.jpg

Prayers for all to be well, safe, and as content as possible.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The sky here has been really weird all afternoon and evening--almost dark but with a yellowish-tan light. The sky has been cloudy, and the air is oppressive. My eyes have been burning. There are fires here in Oregon, and that's probably what I'm noticing.

Any word from Linda (Lazarus) lately? I've missed seeing her posts for a while now. Hope you're OK, Linda.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast