Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: September Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

T'was the night before payday,
    and all through the house,
    not a creature was stirring,
    Sam killed that mouse.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Howie ~

There is absolutely no excuse for the NP not to renew your prescription. You can't just stop taking it! You're taking it to control seizures, and when you stopped taking it, the seizures returned. Did you ask why the NP hasn't renewed it?

Please call CVS and tell them what's going on and ask them for enough pills to tide you over until this gets sorted out. I've never had a pharmacy, which wouldn't do that. And, I was asking for seizure meds, particularly Phenobarbitol, which is a controlled drug now. Also CVS should be on the phone to your doctor's office requesting a refill on your behalf.

Once this gets sorted out, please do what I suggested and start calling for your refill well before you run out, because it sounds like this issue isn't going to go away.

The NP works for your doctor, and denying you this med, which could cause you to have a recurrence of seizures, is unacceptable. Your doctor took an oath to "first do no harm." If you have a seizure, because the doctor/NP was negligent in renewing your prescription, that is causing harm.

Remember, the doctor works for you. It's not the other way around.

Prayers that you get this resolved very quickly. If not, I'd be glad to call your doctor/NP and tell them how the cow ate the cabbage. I guarantee you'd have your meds pronto!

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 09-02-2020 at 04:00 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ditto what Rose said.

Last edited by agate; 09-02-2020 at 05:17 PM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Let me guess - “Clucking Hens!”
    And they are beautiful. :-)
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I eat a lot of chicken......uh, I mean.....
    Last edited by Howie; 09-02-2020 at 06:28 PM.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

The NP works for your doctor, and denying you this med, which could cause you to have a recurrence of seizures, is unacceptable. Your doctor took an oath to "first do no harm." If you have a seizure, because the doctor/NP was negligent in renewing your prescription, that is causing harm.

Howie, I hope there is room for one more clucking hen. The above is a quote from Rose's post. Just call and read it off to your doctor's office. It will get results.

Trust me, you are just too nice. Leave it to us women to be mean, nasty and ugly. We'll teach you yet.

What is Sam doing catching mice? She is supposed to be dainty and above those things.
    Virginia

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

It was 95 degrees today and my brother said heat index was 107. I went to Post Office, drive thru bank, and grocery store, and stopped at Chik-Fil-A and got something to eat. Took me one and one half hours on errands and another 20 min to unload. I thought I was leaving at 1:00P.M. and when I got in my car and glanced at the clock it was 2:00P.M. I had not had lunch, because when I thought it was one o'clock, I figured I would be back by 2 o'clock and could eat then. So anyway I got lunch about 3:45P.M. I had bought a cobb salad from Chik-Fil-A, so I ate some of that and finished it for dinner tonight.

It was hot as hades out there. I think it is going to be just as hot and maybe hotter most of the rest of the week.

Howie, if tomorrow is your payday and you go do errands, you might want to go early, assuming it is as hot there as it is here. I saw lots of Completes in Lowe's Foods today. I know that is not where you go, but every time I see a bunch of Completes I think of you.
    Virginia

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Isn't Sam partial to turkey? Maybe you should switch to turkey yourself, Howie.

I watched a PBS Nova program about cats this evening. Someone has trained some cats to do tricks, like jumping through hoops. Hard to believe but there they were.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Sam has me jumping through hoops all the time!

Albert Einstein

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I echo what Rose said.
    Actually, I would go down to the office and sit in the waiting room until you got the prescription. Ask for a 90 day supply. That will give you time to establish yourself with another doc.

Not making waves is one thing, however, your life and health are at risk here. Your doctor is clearly sub par in doctoring.
    Unless you are not telling us something? I.e. perhaps you are actually a drug dealer and hoarding the med and selling it on the black market for profit. Nah, I didn’t think so.

I’ve known docs like yours. . They are warm and charming to the patient, and they kill through neglect.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast