Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2020 Chat & Musings

Distinguished Community Member

Default August 2020 Chat & Musings

Good August, Beautiful People!

I hope the day and the month and your weather will be good for you.

We made it this far through the pandemic, let’s keep up our vigilance.

(That’s a nod to Cheri in the title. We miss you.)

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 08-01-2020 at 07:21 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Many thanks, ANN, for starting this thread.

Howie, good news probably for you--Social Security astonished me today by paying on the 1st. Hope that will be true for you as well!

There's been another message from Tom Cat--I'll try to post it today.

I believe that our hot spell (every day last week was well over 90') is about to end. The forecast is for the 80s. I'll take it.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

Thanks Ann, for getting us started. I didn't see Agate's post in the July thread until just now. 1PM is a little late to get it started.

I need my housekeeper. I am tired, and my housework is not getting done.

I wonder how Jeanie is today. I hope she is beginning to get some better.
    Virginia

We are getting ready for the Hurricane. It is a good trial run.

Virginia, how does one recruit a new housekeeeper? Locally we have the VNA and the Nurse On Call organization, and you can have a housekeeper for at least 2 hours a week, more if you want it. They can also provide companionship. Itís all out of pocket.
    I wonder if you have something like that. They are vetted, and they work with people who have medical needs. They also provide PT, OT, RN care, transportation to doc visits.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) I am here. Mostly reading. Andy did my groceries yesterday and he and Torre came today and put the ointment on my Shingles. They feel like little burns here there and all over my stomach and back.

Andy put all the loose stuff away for the hurricane. I think it will miss us. Right now is bright Sun but windy. I just hope the power stays on. Stay home and stay safe. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All))))))

I have been watching the Weather Channel all morning. Hurricane is heading toward south Florida with 80 mph winds. West Palm Beach may get hit hard, so please stay safe Jeanie. It is going to move up the coast and there is already a lot of rain from Ohio to the East. Flash floods are predicted. My prayers are with all of you in the path.

California now has 504,000 Covid cases. Quite frightening. That is what we get for reopening too soon.

That’s all the gloom and doom news for today, folks!

Be well and stay safe.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

7. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Here is the current track:EAF2A307-898D-4947-9A6D-FD1AE6074301.jpg

As you can see, much of the east coast is going to feel it. One can hope it comes ashore at Mar a Lago, but that would be too symbolic.

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Thanks Ann for getting us started this month. I'm JUST getting up. I don't know what's changed, but I seem to sleep later all the time now. Oh well, I am having my first mug of coffee and wiping the sleep from my eyes. Hello everyone!

And yes Agate, I just got around to checking, and I got paid also. I still won't go out until Monday, but it's good to know it's there.
    Last edited by Howie; 08-01-2020 at 11:41 AM.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Hi Howie, I am still trying to wake up too. I have been up, but I am just so tired and wiped out.

Jeanie, so glad Torre and Andy came by to get some ointment put on your shingles. I just hope it is helping.

Sunshine, I could have my regular housekeeper that I have not had since either last week in February or first week in March. However, I am not letting anyone come in my house. I am plodding along. I always get the linens done, the bathroom clean and the kitchen clean. Those are the important things. But a lot has just gone undone for so long that I need so much done now. I know I need help, but I am just uncomfortable with having people in my house, even people that I know would not intentionally hurt me for anything.

Still, I am better off than many. I have a 34 year old nephew who has been out of work about all year and will definitely be out the rest of the year and possibly next year. It is sad.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A place in Colorado posts funny signs, and Jeanie Z has sent me some examples. Here's one (thanks, Jeanie!):

MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

13. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast