Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT. Oh my gosh!

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All))))))~

I think the purpose of the bear repellent spray is to give you time to escape.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

When I was younger, there was a place I used to go and camp out. It was near a creek, and I use to build dams across the creek to make a pool where I could stretch out and cool off. The water was freezing cold spring water that had just flowed above ground.

There was a flat spot before it sloped into the creek, and a very steep hill that lead up the mountain.

So I was playing in the creek, and I heard a loud cracking of tree limbs that lay on the ground. I turned towards the noise, and there was a black bear coming down the hill. He was about 10-15 feet away. We made eye contact.

I took off running, flew across the creek, and turned my head to see if that bear was behind me. He was on the other side of the creek, running back up the hill he had just come down.

I think I scared him as much as he scared me, and we both had decided to just get out of there.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Great bear story Howie! Youíre a good writer, nice depiction of the scene.

I got an almost bear story that doesnít qualify, I got lots of shark stories and a shark bite, an alligator encounter but nothing else. This SPS and MS illness, and the current state f affairs nationally , is the most terrifying thing I ever met up with.
    Iíve been lucky compared to most earthlings.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sam can!
    Ha! Let’s hope he never has to!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

When I was younger, there was a place I used to go and camp out. It was near a creek, and I use to build dams across the creek to make a pool where I could stretch out and cool off. The water was freezing cold spring water that had just flowed above ground.

There was a flat spot before it sloped into the creek, and a very steep hill that lead up the mountain.

So I was playing in the creek, and I heard a loud cracking of tree limbs that lay on the ground. I turned towards the noise, and there was a black bear coming down the hill. He was about 10-15 feet away. We made eye contact.

I took off running, flew across the creek, and turned my head to see if that bear was behind me. He was on the other side of the creek, running back up the hill he had just come down.

I think I scared him as much as he scared me, and we both had decided to just get out of there.
    Great story...great experience!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Linda, just for the record, Sam is a female. Her full name is Samantha, but I just call her Sam like Darren called Samantha on Bewitched.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Linda, just for the record, Sam is a female. Her full name is Samantha, but I just call her Sam like Darren called Samantha on Bewitched.
    I am just testing...trying to change my avatar....so I am using your response!

It worked but is blurry! My new shirt says “Make Orwell Fiction Again”
    Last edited by Lazarus; 07-24-2020 at 05:41 AM.
    Linda~~~~

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12