Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: July chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Well, we got paid today. I see tomorrow is a holiday, but I really don't know which one. OH, the 4th of July weekend. See what that first sip of coffee can do?
    "Searching for the Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, so sorry about your tooth. Going to the Dentist can be, not only unpleasant, but very, very expensive. I hope you have Dental insurance. I do not and it cost me a fortune to go to the Dentist.

I think going to Howie is a good idea, but due to virus and risk in traveling I think you should get him to come there. It's easy to stick a cat and a pair of plyers in a little suitcase.

Suze, hope you try it and enjoy!

Howie, did the coffee make you more alert or less, since sometime it puts you to sleep?
    Virginia

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Yesterday I went to get my RX's at the Walgreen's drive thru. I had called both in the night before and the recording said they would be ready after 11 AM.

Every month only one is ready and I have to wait 30 minutes in the parking lot for the other to be filled. The one they don't fill has a copay of $31. but they have my credit card on file.

From the time I got in line until the time I got the second RX was one hour and fifteen minutes. This is really annoying. It has happened three times now. I do not know how to get them to change it.

I also went thru the drive thru at Arby's and got a BLT sandwich. They make really good ones.

I talked to my SIL last night. They have treated her like she has Covid and even put her on a respirator for awhile. She said they have drained fluid from her lungs several times and one of her feet is swollen. She is on liquid feedings and IV's.

She is going to have to go to a rehab after this. I am praying her strength comes back so she can go home as she lives alone. Please add her to your prayers. Thanks, Jeanie :)

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, the coffee put me to sleep this time, and I just woke up. One mug puts me to sleep, but 2 mugs will keep me awake. My coffee maker broke so that's why just one mug, but I hope I'll be able to fix it. It's brand new!!!

Love and Rockets

Howie, you go through so many coffee makers - coffee makers and computers!

Jeanie, I am so sorry about your sister-in-law. What a shame. From what you said it sounds as though they did not entirely know for sure what she had. I hope she will be able to go home and be safe on her own.
    Virginia

9. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I got my coffee maker fixed, but it will probably come loose again. It's the piece that cuts the brewing coffee flow off so you can pour a cup of coffee. But I'm never in that big of a hurry to pour a cup. I just wait on it to stop brewing, then pour my coffee. The most I ever brew at one time is two mugs, and that doesn't take long at all.

Love and Rockets

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Jeanie ~

Many prayers for your SIL. Did they test her for COVID? I hope her "rehab" facility is a good one and that she receives home health care when she goes home.

Howie ~

So glad you fixed your coffee maker. Is it a Mr. Coffee? That's what I use, and every few years, I have to replace it. Be sure to clean your coffee maker every few months with vinegar. Run 4 cups of vinegar through the machine, then run water through it twice to clear out the vinegar. We found that extends the life of our Mr. Coffee makers.

agate ~

So sorry to hear about your funky molar. I have a couple of crowns, and they weren't too awful to have done. All dental work is incredibly expensive. If you have United Health Care, they offer dental insurance now. I need to look into that for my own choppers. Our dentist just reopened, and now that COVID is surging, she may have to close again. I sure don't want to go in right now. I hope you can get your tooth repaired without too much stress or money.

Virginia ~

You got a lot of mileage out of that salad! Counting the days until you order it again ...

SuzE-Q ~

Let us know how your version of Virginia's salad turns out.

Prayers for all ~ be well, be safe.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Rose, it IS a Mr. Coffee, and not that old. But I think what was broken I can do without. I'll find out tomorrow. I also think Super Glue can fix it, and it's not in the flow of coffee to Super Glue my insides.

Love and Rockets

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Howie, it is time to get up and have lunch!

Ann, I know your Mother says she doesn't want any company right now. However how is your MIL holding out without going out? I know she looked forward to her weekend shopping trips with you and Peter.
    Virginia

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Question

I was up about 10, and the coffee maker worked fine. I made 2 mugs, but have only had one....so far.

I thought yesterday was Friday. I think my brother calling threw me off. He always calls on Friday, but he was taking 2 days off and added to the weekend, would have 4 days off.

So today I got up, made my coffee, and got on the computer, and the very first page you see when you turn it on shows the day and date. It said Friday, the 3rd. Then I double check my phone, and again, it said Friday.

So Happy Friday to all......again!

Love and Rockets

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast