Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: July chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

We haven't heard from Jeanie in a couple of days. I wonder how she is doing and if she has had any contact with her Doctor this week.

Jeanie, I hope you are feeling better.

By the way Howie, you get the shingles vaccine at your pharmacy and not at your Doctor's office. Back when I got mine it was expensive at Doctor's office, but for Medicare patients it cost about $5.00 at pharmacy. Just for information, in case you decide you want to get it.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thanks Virginia. After reading the side effects, and the fact that it "doesn't work for some people", I'll take my chances.
    Last edited by Howie; 07-22-2020 at 09:32 AM.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) I am here, Just not posting much. I am tired and the pain pills work fair. Still some pain. I am headed for the bed and a nap. Jeanie :)
    Last edited by Jeanie Z; 07-22-2020 at 09:53 AM. Reason: typo

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Thanks for posting Jeanie. I know you are tired of dealing with it.

Howie, I wonder if you are thinking of the first vaccine that they had out. I wouldn't take that one either. Then they came out with one that they give in two doses 4 to 6 months apart and it has a very good efficacy rate.

I just called David Peters, Nuthatch's husband. He is doing as well as can be expected I guess. I can kind of read between the lines when he is talking about some things and I know he is having a hard time. He is riding his bike in the mornings and his daughter is encouraging him to keep doing it. He says the afternoons are the hardest. He rides his bike in the mornings, but in the afternoon there just isn't anything left for him to do and he has a hard time. He was use to taking care of Joan and I think the day just gets long and lonely for him with no one to talk to. I also tried to encourage him to keep riding his bike and getting exercise.

I told David about Agate posting the pictures of birds from the Audubon Society and saying that they reminded her of Nuthatch. Agate he knew who you were when I told him about that. He said "Oh yes, I know who she is". I also told him that there is a void and a big hole in our forum and that everyone misses Nuthatch. I think he appreciated hearing that everyone thinks of her and misses her. He reminds me of Rose because he tries to be as upbeat as he can, but then he says things that make me realize that he is going through a bad time.

David told me he played some "pickle ball" with some people while he was at his son's house close to San diego. I know there are some tennis courts real close to where they live and I asked if he might be able to play some pickle ball there. He said they play pickle ball there, so he went by one morning and he said they were standing around the water cooler and getting close to one another without a mask. So he decided he would not try to join them. I think his son and daughter are doing alright. They have their spouses and they each have a child. He says Tula is almost 5 going on 15. He says she is strong willed and that his daughter is having quite a time with her. They are on lock down due to the virus and Tula only can see one of her friends, so she is not happy about that. I think that friend she only sees 3 times a week. I so miss Nuthatch's pictures of the children.
    Virginia

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Well, as Dr. ML King said...."Free at last...free at last!"

I just got my car back, and paid my sister for the bill which wasn't too bad. My BIL drove the car back, with my sister following. Family came through again, to get me out of a bind.

I'll go to the store tomorrow, and get ready to finish the month. Everyone stay cool.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was all set to go to the dentist today for the first part of a rescue procedure on an important tooth--something that he said should be done "in the next couple of weeks if possible," and I had let 3 weeks pass since he said that.

But the ride didn't show up. I waited in the lobby for 45 minutes, often waiting on hold on the phone for the transportation people to find out what happened. The ride didn't show up, and the best they could do was to offer me a ride that would get me there 30-45 minutes late.

Call to the dentist to find out if that would be OK. It wasn't.

More calls to the transportation people to tell them not to send the replacement ride.

Another call to the dentist to reschedule. Nothing till mid-August. Settled for that.

Another call to the transportation people to ask for another ride for that date.

The dentist's office was very nice about it, and that was comforting.

Virginia, thanks for letting us know about nuthatch's family and how they are getting along without her. I'm sure losing her has been very difficult for all of them.

Wasn't she on this board for many years? Was her user name cheers at one time?
    Last edited by agate; 07-22-2020 at 05:03 PM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Agate, I am so sorry about how your day went. That would be upsetting to have to waste a lot of the day waiting and waiting and then calling and calling. I hope the tooth will be alright until the middle of August.

Yes, Nuthatch was on this board for about 20 years and she did post at one time as Cheers. She would go sometime for awhile without posting and when I would say something she would say she didn't have anything to talk about. I told her several times that I didn't either, but just talk about anything that was going on in her day to day life. I was telling David something about that and he said "she didn't have anything to talk about". So, even though our conversations were not something that occurred every day, I am still glad we talked as much as we did. I know I don't have anything of interest to talk about, but it keeps the connection to others.

Howie, so glad you got your vehicle back. It is also good that it is paid for and your family helped you out by going for it. Now, neither you or Sam will have to take a bite out of the other one, since you can get some food in.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

(((Hugs to All)))

I think my computer has bitten the dust, so I am on the iPad. I am praying it will magically return as it has in the past. She went off then came back on but never completed loading so I can log in. Ugh! So much data lost and typing on the iPad is tedious.

Virginia thank you for sharing your chat with David. I understand so well what he is going through. As a caregiver I know that feeling of not knowing what to do without your loved to care for. It hasn’t been that long since Joan passed. His grief is quite raw. I send him prayers for peace and comfort.

Agate what an ordeal for you! I am so sorry it did not work out for you. Did you get an explanation for why your ride was so late?

Howie, glad your car didn’t cost an arm or a leg.

Please send my computer some good vibes thank you!

Love & Light,

Rose

P.S. Wow! Your vibes travel fast! Right after I posted with the iPad, I tried my computer, and it came on! I was able to log in! YIPPEE!!! A window appeared telling me that it was a Sleep Awake failure. Boy, I can sure relate to that!

I hope that I'm back in business and stay that way for awhile longer.

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 07-22-2020 at 02:43 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

I had my annual mammogram today among a couple of other annual tests. The waiting room was ok re social distancing. But the room they put the women in , in gowns waiting their turn, frequently had too many women in it. I asked to wait in the hall, and they allowed it. Its very long for me to wait sitting up, so I lay when the opportunity presented it.

I emailed the admin head about the social distancing problem.

ROSE: I bought a keyboard for my iPad. It slides into the keyboard and sits up at an angle . THere are several companies that make them. They have their own power source, so you charge them, but not nearly as often as the iPad.

It is very tedious otherwise to type on an iPad, which I rarely have to do now.

Mine is called a Kensington. At amazon they show a Kensington for 15$. I dont know if its the same model though.

https://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Ke...-4&tag=mh0b-20

IT also creates a hard shell for the iPad, further protecting it.
    Last edited by Sunshine 2; 07-22-2020 at 02:46 PM.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine 2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had my annual mammogram today among a couple of other annual tests. The waiting room was ok re social distancing. But the room they put the women in , in gowns waiting their turn, frequently had too many women in it. I asked to wait in the hall, and they allowed it. Its very long for me to wait sitting up, so I lay when the opportunity presented it.

I emailed the admin head about the social distancing problem.

ROSE: I bought a keyboard for my iPad. It slides into the keyboard and sits up at an angle . THere are several companies that make them. They have their own power source, so you charge them, but not nearly as often as the iPad.

It is very tedious otherwise to type on an iPad, which I rarely have to do now.

Mine is called a Kensington. At amazon they show a Kensington for 15$. I dont know if its the same model though.

https://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Ke...-4&tag=mh0b-20

IT also creates a hard shell for the iPad, further protecting it.
    Great information about the keyboard. I will look it up.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast