Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chemical stress test

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Chemical stress test

I have a chemical stress test scheduled next week. I will call tomorrow to get details but was looking online and read that you are not allowed to drive yourself home. This is a problem and I was just checking...anyone know? How long does the test take and do they follow you to make sure someone picks you up and you donít drive yourself? I read a lot of stuff about it and it seems that it may take hours instead of one hour like I thought. Anybody had one?
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Linda, I had a cardiac drug-induced stress test in 10/18. Peter was with me and I donít remember if that was a condition of the test. I wasnít given anything sedating.

I remember they said something about a taste and a headache and both happened. Afterward, you have to wait for some scanning or further test, I canít remember. They did tell me to go get coffee for the headache and it worked quickly.

In situations where a ride home is required, they ask for the phone number of the person who will pick you up before they begin the procedure. No ride, no test.

Best of luck w the test and the ride.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

3. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks. I am so focused on doing everything to arrange rides for John and to schedule things so I can take care of myself that I was momentarily in a tizzy yesterday. Silly reaction. All arranged now.

I just finished the second infusion of rituxan yesterday and so I am done for another 6 months. I feel so much clearer and stronger that I am even thinking of cleaning the house!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Great news on Rituxan.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

This is news I need to hear Linda. My Doctor at one time said I should have one. I absolutely do not have a way home. My brother just bought a new vehicle and it is so high I can't get in it. He can't help me because of his own heart condition. Keep us informed as to how it goes.
    Virginia

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, could you get into the vehicle if you brought along a small lightweight stepstool? I have one that I've used for years. I picked it up at a supermarket on an impulse and it's been a good deal. It's lightweight enough so that I don't mind carrying it around. And once you got into the vehicle you (or someone) could reach down to pick it up and just stash it somewhere in the car, take it out again when you want to get out.

I've sometimes had to get into a vehicle like a pickup truck that was too high for me, and if I groped around on the inside of the door frame, I often found a handle I could use to hoist myself up on. Sounds as if you've probably looked into that already though.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Linda ~

I'm so glad that you are feeling better after your infusion. May it continue to be so!

What kind of transportation arrangements did you make for you and John, so that you can have your test?

Praying it all goes smoothly with excellent results!

Virginia ~

Would you feel comfortable asking one of your neighbors to transport you for this test?

And, with your brother's heart issues, I'm surprised that he bought a car that he also has to climb into, let alone his passengers.

agate ~

I admire your resourcefulness and verve!

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Rose, my brother doesn't have to climb into his vehicle. His legs are longer and his heart condition is not the same as my weak legs.

Agate, at the time I would not ask a neighbor to take me to the hospital to get this done with the COVID we have. This may have to wait.
    Virginia

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, in post #6 I meant your brother's vehicle, the one you said was too high to get into.
    Last edited by agate; 07-01-2020 at 10:12 PM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I haven't had any tooth issues at all once my major extractions took place.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast