Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There's even a shortage of coins

Distinguished Community Member

I am on my way to bed. Sleep well everyone. I hope I do, I just watched a special on bats. That should have been Howie's show.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I love bats. They snatch a bug out of the air, simply by using their "radar". If there were no bats, we would be enveloped in insects. Plus they're kind of cute.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Virginia, your hair salon experience sounds about as safe as you could possibly be! Having that bit of normalcy, routine, social interaction and personal care must be a bright spot for you!

I'm essentially accepting that things will be different and restricted for about a year, and working around that new short term reality. I'm cooking more varied, interesting recipes, enjoying the small pleasures more without any guilt, and finding ways to brighten my surroundings, freshen them up. Since I housewalk, I've rearranged my furniture, and I've enjoyed how much more open it is, while giving myself more walking space.

We all know how quickly time can fly, I'm using this time to be good to myself and find the enjoyment in the smaller things.

Howie, my car is almost as old as yours - how do you take care of yours, what kind of routine maintenance do you do or have done on it to keep it running smoothly?

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Suze, glad you are taking care of yourself and getting things done around your house on your walks. Continue to be good to yourself.

My car is probably as old as Howie's. It is a 2007. I only have 36,700 miles on it. I think that is slightly more than Howie, but I have no thoughts of getting another one, unless something happens that I have to.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, what types of work have you had done on your car to keep it running well over the past few years?

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Not as much as I should I am sure. I replace the battery, tires when they tell me they are afraid they are going to dry rot from sitting. I only have the oil changed once a year when I get it inspected. I was having it done every 3 months until the Ford people told me I was wasting my money. At the time I get the oil changed, I also get the filters replaced and have all the hoses and everything checked.

Knock on wood, so far that is all I do. However, I am so dumb when it comes to cars that I wouldn't know if it needed anything unless someone told me or it stopped on me. My headlights have turned a milky color due to condensation being inside. I had one replaced. With the part plus labor I paid over $200.00. I was getting ready to have the other one done, but then the virus struck and I don't want to sit in a repair shop for a couple of hours for them to do it. That's on my list for when I can get out.
    Virginia

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went to my doctor's office to pick up a new script, then to the grocery store, and both times, I wore a mask. You know something I discovered, those things are HOT. It's your own breath that heats them up, but it still is very uncomfortable. I'll be glad when this is over!
    I just wrote you a post on the chitchat thread about the face shield I am using. Makes a lot of difference. There is something else you should like Howie. I bought bandanas and the material is so breathable and comfortable I have that around my neck and just pull it up to close in the space around my face when I get close to a customer at market.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I haven’t had my hair cut since COVID set in. My risky behavior re covid is going to see a doctor, IVIG, and handling food DH brings home from the store, opening packages from the mail.

And of course, DH works, so that’s a risk. But his office is very COVID sensitive, great policies in place to protect workers and the public. There is no BS about a customer thinking he can get service without a mask.

WHo do they think they are, Donald Trump?

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

SuzE-Q, I have the oil changed and get an inspection once a year. I've had to get a set of tires. When I first got the car, and it was new, I use to Armor-All the tires. Come to find out, that will dry rot tires, so it wouldn't pass inspection. So a new set of tires.

And the drivers side window stopped working. That was nearly $700 to fix. And I got a new battery. Other than that, I've had to make no other repairs. These days, I rarely even wash it. I let the rain do that, and oddly enough, it still shines.

Linda, I've seem ads for the bandana type masks on TV. They look a lot more comfortable than the traditional mask.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Thanks, Howie & Virginia, I do essentially the same for my car. Thus far, nothing has come up when I get my oil changed and they do a check up. The most I've spent is about $150 last year, I can't remember even what it was for, some routine maintenance and replacement.

One of my back brake lights has gone out I see, so I'll get them to change that when I get my oil changed in the next couple weeks. I only get my oil changed once a year too, Virginia.

I ask them if my car needs anything further, but thus far, they tell me no.

I could replace the back brake light myself probably, but might as well get it done since it's time for my oil change, so I'll get them to do it. Hope to be in and out fast.

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast