Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Virginia, how are you doing today?

Distinguished Community Member

Thank you Rose. You are right about part of it. My reality started to set in the last few days. I remember talking to you about reality and your situation.

Mine doesnít compare to yours, but I have just felt so lonely this past week. I think that makes everything including any small illness seem so much worse.

I appreciate all my friends on here and I will be alright.

Virginia, I hope your illness and your sadness pass quickly. Unfortunately, they take as long as they take. :-/

I know Rebif caused me to feel depressed but I understand why you want to stay with it.

Rose spoke eloquently about your recent shock about losing Nuthatch. I was thinking about that.

If you’d like some hot food delivered, I have used Uber Eats to have local restaurant food delivered to my mother.

It must be very hard to go through CoVID and the protests with out someone to talk to about it all. Adding MS and illness and a cranky brother doesn’t help.

Love to you,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

3. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Thanks Ann, I didnít know about Uber Eats. I had thought about GrubHub. Do you know anything about them? Tonight I just wanted a turkey sub, but there was no way to get it. Sometime I do want a hot meal, that I just donít feel like trying to fix.

Do you know the difference between Uber Eats and Grub Hub?

Thanks for thinking of me.

Love to you,

5. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, I have only used Uber Eats once but my nephew, who is 30, uses it often. He had Italian desserts sent to my mother from a restaurant twice. Here, you get 40% off of your first two orders. Some restaurants have free delivery but that can change during the day.

I understand that Grubhub and Door Dash work similarly.
    ANN

7. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, I hope you're feeling better.

I haven't tried GrubHub or Uber Eats but many years ago my son and I tried Delivered Dish a couple of times, and it works similarly. It's been taken over by GrubHub apparently. There was a rather long list of restaurants to choose from, and you could order from an online menu and set up a delivery schedule.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

Thank you for letting us know Virginia.
    I know about that dark hole.
    I know you will find ways to see some cracks of light come through.
    Not seeing any people at all, is stressful. I know that intimately.
    I am sorry you are getting to know those holes too..
    I am so glad you came back here afte you could.
    You are a person filled with kindness, the world misses you!

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Good to hear from you, Virginia.

I'm not going out much either, but I've started keeping a list of the dates, times and where I went, just in case. Easy to do when we're not out much. And, like you, it can ease my mind if I develop unexplained symptoms, that I KNOW I'm not in a window to have potentially contracted anything.

I know the isolation can be hard. It has helped me to accept that it may go on until next year, and accept that, find coping mechanisms that might help.

I ordered from Instacart for the first time, and I wouldn't hesitate to order hot restaurant food delivery either. It helps the businesses, too. I think the only difference between them is that certain restaurants deal with different ones. So, phone your favorite restaurants and find out who they use. Having good food delivered helps bring outside pleasures TO us! We need to really take care of ourselves and our mental health during these trying times. I find a drive outside even helps, open the windows, get in some fresh air, put on some nice music.

Barometric pressure affects me more and more, I definitely feel worse when rain is in the air. Used to be just heat, now it's unexpected storns and showers.

Hope you feel better soon! I read today that our old pal, mr. steroids, has now been found to help the worst of covid patients!

11. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Virginia)))))) ~

All of us have our own journeys, realities and grief, and all are equally challenging and painful to us. Our experiences may be different, but pain is pain, and loneliness is loneliness, regardless of how or why it came to be.

It comes in waves sometimes, and it's particularly overwhelming, when you experience another, especially an unexpected, loss. You need time to process Joan's passing, to grieve for her.

You've been supporting and grieving with me for Jon and Jim, which has stirred memories of your husband. That's a lot to take in all at once, particularly during these difficult times in our country and the world. I can relate so well to how you are feeling, as I'm sure many of us here can.

It's hard to be alone through all of this turmoil and the fear of COVID-19 and wondering whether we will ever be free to go back to the lives we had before it arrived. That's likely one reason why everyone was anxious to hit the beaches, parks and pools over Memorial Day weekend. We just want a pre-COVID life. Self-isolating has had some serious negative effects on many people, I think.

SuzE's suggestion of just getting out of the house to take a short walk, or sit on the porch or patio, or take a drive, is spot on. Fresh air, some sunshine, just being outside, can be uplifting. Perhaps you can try doing that occasionally after you're feeling better.

You are in my prayers, and I'm sending healing, strengthening, positive energy your way.

Take good care of yourself ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

13. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Thanks to all of you. On my way back. I might even read a book. I have two that have been sitting in my Kindle since early March.

Of course if Howie shows up at my house, with the intent of carrying out his plan he mentioned on ChitChat then that would change my day drastically - and also his.
    Virginia

15. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Virginia, I almost hope he tries.

ANN

17. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast