Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad,sad news - joan (nuthatch) peters has passed away!!

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I remember her as cheers too. She contributed so much to this place over the years--posting beautiful photos and music links as well as letting us know what was going on with her and her family--and giving helpful replies to others here. She kept us up to speed in the bird world too.

There's a gaping hole in this board now.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Such sad sad news! Linda alerted me to the news.

Agate, you are right about "a gaping hole". Joan was kind and caring and always wanted to help anyone she could on here.

Agate, you too are always ready to help on this board, as is Rose! Others on here are always at the ready with information or looking up things on the internet, or helping with anything they can. There have been times when I did not know what I would have done without this forum.

I am still so sad, and I know all of you are too. Joan had become a friend to me through text and phone calls. We shared things and joked about our growing up days. Joan was the second child of 5 and the only girl. I was the second child of 4 and the only girl. We commiserated about growing up in a house full of boys with no other girls. She generously shared pictures of Tula and Everett in her text. When I answered the phone Sunday I thought it was her calling and I was ready to settle in and talk for awhile. We had not talked since the protest began and I wanted to hear what she thought about everything that was going on. Then David said my name. He was calling from her phone, and I immediately knew something was wrong.

David is going to try and get her 4 brothers to come there at a time when their son and daughter along with the grandchildren can be there. None of the brothers have seen Joan's grandchildren. I think this would be the most pleasing thing they could do to honor her. I hope he can work it out. I think it would also be good for him.

David does not go on the computer. I think he just doesn't have any desire to, so he will not be joining us. However, from time to time I will give him a call just to let him know that we are all thinking of him. I am glad that some of you are sending him a card or note. I got a card off yesterday. He must be very lonely, even though I am sure the children will call him every day. It just isn't the same.
    Virginia

5. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

A message from Tom Cat after I had let him know this sad news--she attended the online memorial gathering for Cat Dancer:

Sorry to hear about nuthatch's passing. Yes, I had some communication with her. It seems she and [Cat Dancer] were quite close. Send my deepest thoughts to all. Tom

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

7. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

It sounds as though you and Joan finally found the sister you were missing in your families. I am so glad for both of you that you had that close connection. You know grief well, so you know that you'll miss Joan forever.

I feel so blessed by all of the wonderful friends I have made through BrainTalk. How fortunate we all are to have met.

It would be so nice for Joan's brothers to visit and spend time with David and their son and daughter and grandchildren. I hope they can work that out too.

Sending prayers for peace and comfort to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

9. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

This message is from Tom Cat. Actually it was sent on Tuesday. I'm sorry not to have posted it sooner--I've been tending to some problems and have been busy.

Sorry to hear about Nuthatch's passing. Yes, I had some communication with her. It seems she & Ann were quite close. Send my deepest thoughts to all. Tom

11. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Sorry to hear about Joan's passing. There is always an emptiness when someone like her is gone.

13. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Indeed there is. I keep expecting to find a post by her--maybe with some more lovely photos. It was so nice of her to share her life with us!

15. The following 2 users say "thanks"

I posted about talking to Joan's husband David yesterday under chit-chat. I should have pulled this up and put it here.

I miss her everyday. Sometime I catch myself starting to look at my phone when I have been away from it, to check and see if there is a text. Sometime, I just have to stop and shed a tear or two when I realize the phone will not ring again with her on the other end.

There is a void in my life and a sadness. I know everyone on here feels that. She was a very special person - cheerful and always wanting to help.

Joan was lonely because she never got out of the house unless they had to transport her to the Doctor, which was not often. She did have her two children who called and her grandchildren who face timed with her and her brothers called occasionally. However, because David did the cleaning, cooking, laundry and everything that needed to be done it left her with a lot of time. But she kept abreast of everything and that made her an interesting person to me. I found out more about California than I ever knew before. Her 4 brothers are scattered over the state and her two children are also, so she got a lot of the latest that was going on in their community.

We all miss her. I wish David could come on and see how much the people thought of her. I also wish her daughter, Audrey would come on. However, it might make them even more sad.
    Virginia

17. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12