Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other sources of masks

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Correlation Between Blood Type and COVID-19

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Today, I found this video, by Dr. Mike Hansen, who discusses the correlation between blood type and susceptibility to COVID-19:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFamzSTQXsw

Research has shown that there are more COVID-19 patients among people with Type A than among people with Type O.

Dr. Hansen has more videos about COVID-19 and other medical issues on YouTube.

Please stay safe and be well.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default A History of Masks/Face Coverings During a Pandemic

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Today, I watched the 1938 film, "Jezebel," starring Bette Davis and Henry Fonda:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jezebel_(1938_film)

The time period is 1852, and issues of race, wealth, North and South, are incorporated into the tale.

If that wasn't enough to make it relevant to today, at the end, there is an outbreak of "Yellow Jack Fever." It's an epidemic, which is like our pandemic of 2020. Horse drawn carts carrying victims of the fever are brought into town to be taken to an island and isolated. Fires burning everywhere. Chaos. Panic. Fear.

Fonda contracts the fever and collapses in a saloon with a large gathering. "FEVER!" the crowd shouts as they back away from Fonda.

What was the first thing they did then?

Covered their mouths and noses with handkerchiefs and bandanas.

The men, who came to take Fonda out of a safe house, where the front door was marked with a black Y, wore face coverings. The slave, who tended to Fonda in the house, put a kerchief over her mouth and nose before she approached him with a cool compress for his forehead.

Even in the 1850s, people knew that they needed to cover their mouths and noses to prevent getting ill from a contagious disease.

What would be wrong with a federal, state, and county mandate that everyone must wear a mask in public?

As I watched the movie, I thought about how everyone these days is scrambling for masks, and these folks just had scarves around their necks ready to protect themselves. It's not that difficult to figure out. And supplies of masks seem to be increasing with demand.

Whether it is mandated or ignored, let's all wear a mask or face covering. Obviously, it's one of the best things we can do to reduce our exposure.

I love you. Please be safe and well.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12