Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: June chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ann, I thought so too. But it was said I have to get the first supply from my doctor's office, then from there on, it will be through CVS. It really doesn't make sense to me either, but I'll do it they're way.
    I have found that CVS and/ Caremark always call too early to fill my prescriptions. Over time I have just gone ahead and filled them whenever I am reminded. So I have a stash of 2 months supply of all the pills I take. Reading your situation I am glad I stopped telling them that I did not need something yet.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Linda, CVS does the same to me. I have a drawer full of tizanidine, gabapentin, and neurontin. I’m only on the tizanidine but things change.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

So many reasons to stockpile meds.
    There are shortages of some meds. Good to have some to tide you over.
    Hurricanes happen and you might be out of enough pills to get you through until you can get to a store again.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I talked to Nuthatch's husband, David today. He is the nicest man. No wonder she kept him. He did spend last week with his daughter and Tula. He said he thought Tula was going to run him to death. His daughter went back to work. There is a back office where she works with no one in it. She told him she just had to go in there several times and cry.

Next week he plans to be at his son's who lives outside San Diego. He will have time with Everett.

The house is too big for him alone - nearly 4,000 square feet, but everyone is telling him he should not make any changes for a year. I certainly agreed with that. He did go out to ride his bike this morning. He took his mask and when he would stop he would put it on.

They are doing about as well as you could expect, all so sad, but seem to be pulling together.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Howie, did you get your medicine sorted out?

And Virginia, how are you?

We are keeping well. Peter is “at” a video conference. He presented earlier and now is in the audience, I think. He is dressed in a suit and tie and is sitting in the dining room. No shoes but he is wearing pants. ;-)

I went out to transplant some stunning marigolds into bigger pots and to replace the front steps pansies with summer annuals. I was really pushing it. It’s 83 and humid. I was sure it was hotter. I finished what I wanted to do, I just hope I get away with it. I do know better.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Yes Ann, but it was a written prescription. So I took that to CVS, and told them I was going to the store, then would be back to pick up my pills.

I stopped and put gas in the car, then went to the store, then started to drive home, and remembered CVS, so I turned around and they had my pills ready, THEN I came home.

I stopped at the mail box to get my mail, and couldn't find the key. I always just dropped it in a cup holder in the console, but it wasn't there now. I'll search the car Monday.

The store still had shortages in some items. But I still got everything, or a close replacement.

Well, everyone have a great weekend!
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes Ann, but it was a written prescription. So I took that to CVS, and told them I was going to the store, then would be back to pick up my pills.

I stopped and put gas in the car, then went to the store, then started to drive home, and remembered CVS, so I turned around and they had my pills ready, THEN I came home.

I stopped at the mail box to get my mail, and couldn't find the key. I always just dropped it in a cup holder in the console, but it wasn't there now. I'll search the car Monday.

The store still had shortages in some items. But I still got everything, or a close replacement.

Well, everyone have a great weekend!
    I suggest asking Sam about the missing key.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

And Sam has always been interested in that key. I'll keep my eye on her.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

My heart goes out to David, and I truly understand his pain, as I know that you do. I'm lonely in my little house, and I can't imagine what it would be like to be rambling around a 4,000 sq ft home. Unless it becomes too much for him to bear or manage, I agree that he should take a year to decide what is best for him. Our weather has been lovely recently, and I hope it remains so for his visit with his son and Everett. My prayers are with all of them.

ANN ~

No shoes but he is wearing pants. ;-)
    Thank you for the giggle! I hope you don't have any unpleasant residual effects from your planting today. Marigolds are a hardy, bright display for summer. Enjoy!

Howie ~

Why in the world did you have to pick up a paper prescription for your meds? Our doctors always called the pharmacy for new prescriptions and refills. And, when I was with Jim at the doctor's office, and the doctor wrote out a script, I would simply ask her/him to call it in to the pharmacy. I can't think of a single reason why your doctor can't do this, especially during COVID. Please ask your doctor or NP to call all of your scripts in for you. This isn't the 1950s!

Here's an idea: put glow in the dark tape on all of your keys, your shoes, anything you might misplace. Then you can search at night for them! I may try that, because I've been misplacing stuff like that quite a bit lately.

I'm also suspicious of Sam. Cough up the key, girl!

Prayers and virtual hugs to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Ann, I bet Peter had on walking shorts at the least. Surely, he wouldn't sit there for a video with long pants on. Hope you do not have any bad effects from your planting today.

Howie, personally I can tell you Sam knows where the key is. She isn't telling, so I would be afraid to tell also. She can get vicious.

Rose, it is always good to see you come over our way. We are always so glad to see you. Hope you are feeling as well as possible.

I am doing better. Started taking a turn for the better yesterday, after staying on that medicine since Monday. The house is now as of this afternoon fairly clean, so I guess I can have the week-end. I do have some ironing, but I might just let it hang around for awhile.
    Virginia

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast