Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: June chitchat

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Yum. Now THAT sounds like a delicious sub sandwich, Virginia!

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Suze, it was so good after not having one in such a long time. Considered ordering some salmon tonight, but decided to wait until next week to do that. I will fix something tonight. Ann, see what you got started! I've got two aps on my phone now, Grubhub and Eubereats.
    Last edited by Virginia; 06-20-2020 at 12:43 PM.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

If there ever was a time to enjoy good restaurant food at home, NOW would be the time to do it!

You've all got me onto Instacart finally (with a slight first glitch that they corrected). These restaurant delivery services are next on my meal plan for me too!

We are going to need to be careful going out for a while, we might as well make our home environments as comfortable as possible!
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I agree Suze, let's all be as comfortable as possible. My State keeps showing a rise in cases and hospitalizations each day.
    Virginia

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree Suze, let's all be as comfortable as possible. My State keeps showing a rise in cases and hospitalizations each day.
    Your State isn't the only place, Virginia. I have been preparing and getting extra supplies in anticipation of another lockdown, and protect myself to the max when going out. I find it exceedingly uncomfortable though, which limits my outside excursions even more.

I intend on enjoying outside food delivery more often as I am not going out as much, good food is a highlight of mine!

I am expecting the current situation to be about the same for about a year. That's why I'm exercising so much at home, I intend on being in as good a shape as possible, and want zero guilt while enjoying good food! Taking care of my mental health right now also means treating myself so I don't feel like it's all about restrictions during this period!

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

One thing people seem to forget, when you order out, it was handled by the foods cooks, then by whomever puts it in a container, then by the person who delivers it.

And the grocery store, every product you buy was placed on the shelf, then may have been picked up a customer to read the contents, decided not to buy it, and put it back on the shelf. Then the cashier handles it, and places it in a bag, then you handle cash, then go out to your car, drive home, and unload everything.

It's unavoidable. The best you can do is wash your hands. And of coarse, wear a mask when you go in any place. And stay home as much as possible, and avoid crowds. We will get through this, and life will return to normal.
    Last edited by Howie; 06-21-2020 at 04:45 PM.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Howie!

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    One thing people seem to forget, when you order out, it was handled by the foods cooks, then by whomever puts it in a container, then by the person who delivers it.

And the grocery store, every product you buy was placed on the shelf, then may have been picked up a customer to read the contents, decided not to buy it, and put it back on the shelf. Then the cashier handles it, and places it in a bag, then you handle cash, then go out to your car, drive home, and unload everything.

It's unavoidable. The best you can do is wash your hands. And of coarse, wear a mask when you go in any place. And stay home as much as possible, and avoid crowds. We will get through this, and life will return to normal.
    The best thing you can do to minimize food risk is go to a farmersí market. Or find local farms doing delivery sometimes with other farmers as a group CSA
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Howie, maybe it will get to normal, but probably not for quite some time.

Dr. Fauci gets take out from neighborhood restaurants. He doesn't go in and sit down to eat. The virus is not a foodborne virus, however I understand what you are saying about containers. The containers in the grocery store are as bad as the eat out ones, but the eat out ones are not any worse. I trust Dr. Fauci.

I would love to go to the farmer's market with or without the virus around, but I am unable to do that, so I will have to do what I can.
    Last edited by Virginia; 06-21-2020 at 04:57 PM.
    Virginia

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

All good points, Howie! That's why I wear gloves when touching containers or removing food from them, or let items sit for a while before touching again, wash my hands after touching or use hand sanitizer, and don't touch mucous membranes and face until I know my hands are clean.

I know all food services are being extra vigilant, minimizing contact with food, especially restaurant delivery services.

We can reduce our risk likelihood tremendously just by hand washing and not touching our faces until we know our hands are clean.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuzE-Q View Post
    All good points, Howie! That's why I wear gloves when touching containers or removing food from them, or let items sit for a while before touching again, wash my hands after touching or use hand sanitizer, and don't touch mucous membranes and face until I know my hands are clean.

I know all food services are being extra vigilant, minimizing contact with food, especially restaurant delivery services.

We can reduce our risk likelihood tremendously just by hand washing and not touching our faces until we know our hands are clean.

At the farmers market customers can not pick up and put down a container of food. They point and I hand them the package and money transactions are handled at the next table, behind a plexiglass shield and all of the payment transactions are handled by a separate worker. And we are all wearing gloves and masks. That does diminish the load of the virus you can be exposed to...and it seems to be working in the states that practiced these procedures.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast