Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: June chitchat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks so much, Rose! Most of us have been around here for years, and by pulling together, we just might figure out how to post images one of these days.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Yesterday I went back to bed after breakfast to try to nap. I had gone to bed late. The phone rang and there was no one there for a second so I said, "I am on the do not call list and you woke me up."

Today my friend Kim from Canada called and said it was her calling me yesterday. I think I will take a phone off the hook when I want to nap. Jeanie :)

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

On my cell phone (the only phone I have) it lets you choose the ringer type. It also lets you turn the ringer off. I've gotten in habit of turning the ringer off when I go to bed, and back on when I've gotten up, and poured a cup of coffee.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

jeanie ~

Instead of taking your phone off of the hook, can you just turn off the ringer on your phones, while you nap? Do you have voice mail or an answering machine?

I've been doing this for many years, because there are so many scammers calling. I'm on the no call list too, but we have no privacy, and corporations and social media sell all of our data. You, me, everyone.

Perhaps you could arrange "phone dates" with your friends, including day and time, so you're both on the same page.

There are other ways to make sure that you and your friends can have a phone chat, when it is convenient for both of you.

You need your rest, Jeanie, so just let your friends know that you need to plan a phone chat with them, rather than them calling you spontaneously.

My prayers are with you, Jeanie, and with all here during these sad, trying, and very difficult times.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Jeanie, I never turn mine off, but I have been woken many times. For a few mornings in a row someone was calling me about 8AM. My thought was forget answering that - no one who knows me calls me at 8 o'clock in the morning.

I always change my bed and do wash on Tuesdays. This use to be Laura's day to come and even though I did these things, I just chose to work while she was here. Since being here by myself I had moved it up to Mondays. I forgot to do it Monday and I forgot again Tuesday, so finally I got my bed changed today and two loads of laundry. I also vacuumed the downstairs and mopped the kitchen and bathrooms. That is the first time I have been more than a week without changing my linens in about forever.

Howie, how is the T.V. watching going? Are you finding all your programs?
    Last edited by Virginia; 06-10-2020 at 04:48 PM.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, the new cable TV is working great. I'm still learning the remote, but have all the channels I had with the antenna, and more, but I'm still exploring new channels to me.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congratulations on learning the remote, Howie. I've had this remote for about 5 years now and I'm still learning it. Or maybe I should say I've given up on learning it and am content just to find the channels I want on it.

About turning the phone off: For many years I turned my phone off when I wanted to sleep--naptime and at night. Then I neglected to turn it back on once, and one of my brothers was trying to call me but couldn't reach me, got upset about it and called--the police! The police didn't actually contact me because I must have caught up with the problem and fixed it in time to prevent that but it was very embarrassing.

In fact I was disconnecting my phone long before I got a phone that enabled the ringer to be turned off. I'd pull the cord on it a couple of times a day. I wore out cords to the point where I always kept a supply of extra ones on hand. The little plastic gizmo that fits in the phone jack has a tendency to break.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Horrible news last night. The drummer in Andy's band's wife's son jumped off a bridge and committed suicide. I have met the younger son but not that one. He apparently was quite a sailor but became addicted.

The drummer and his wife are two of the nicest people I know. She is a security guard and works full time. Her sons are both in their 30's. I feel bad that I won't be able to go to the funeral but I am staying in to stay safe. Jeanie :)

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate, why do you still have a landline? A cellular can be carried anywhere you go, and is cheaper than a hardline phone.

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Jeanie ~

Oh, dear. I'm so sorry for Andy's drummer and his wife losing their son to suicide. From parents, who lost their children to suicide, I know that it is extremely shocking, sudden and tragic. My heart goes out to them, and I will pray for them.

I am a little surprised that they are going to have a funeral, but I guess Florida has loosened the lock down mandate. When Jim passed, the mortuary director said that funerals were being held, but with a requirement for masks and social distancing of 6 feet. That becomes problematic, when there is a large group in attendance. He said that many people were waiting, as we are, for the virus to disappear to hold a funeral or memorial service. That was in April, and now in June, there is an increase in COVID-19 cases.

They know you, so I am sure that they will understand why you aren't attending. You are holding them in prayer and sending them your love and light. They will feel you with them.

I've missed many funerals in the last two decades. I send flowers or a plant arrangement, so that our presence will be there for the service.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Andy, the bandmates, and the drummer, his wife, and their younger son.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast