Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: June chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Linda, it seems that many folks here in Boston got those Visa debit cards, too. Many, including Peter and I, thought they were junk mail. If I hadn’t turned the local news on we would have thrown it away. So very stupid.

The government has our banking info so I don’t know why we didn’t get a direct deposit. I had to activate it and then initiate an ACH to transfer the money into our account. Peter’s 95 year old mother got one of these, too. Stupid stupid. And, you have to give up the last 6 digits of your SSN to activate the darn thing. Looks just like a scam.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/29/that...s-payment.html

ANN
    Actually, it was even worse. John and I have different last names. The card used his social security number, included monies for both of us, and never used his last name. He became John Lazarus! (Usually it is me who loses her last name. Even though I went to court 52 years ago to maintain my -maiden- name when I married.) so, my name was on the card, John lost his last name, the social security digits were his numbers and the whole thing involved some effort to actually access the monies.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Linda, our card also gave Peter my last name! When I did the transfer to my bank from the card, the issuing bank software only asks for the last six digits of the “primary card holder.” That turned out to be Peter (figures!) but the fact that his last name was wrong never came up.

Anyway, the whole thing is poorly thought out. People can incur fees!
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I got mine as a deposit in my checking account right after they started doing it. Then I got that letter Agate was talking about. I had heard about it so I just tore it up without reading it.

I still have not received my income tax refund even though I filed the end of February. I tried every way to get in touch with the IRS, but there is no way to get a live person on the line.

I am now wondering if I refiled and wrote "This is a Duplicate" across the top what would happen.
    Virginia

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

CVS just texted me I have one script ready for pickup. But I'm going to wait until tomorrow....if I get up early enough. The cable guy is coming at 1:30 tomorrow. Here lately, I've been getting up early, so I hope the trend holds.

I cleaned up where the cable guy will have to work. I unhooked all the antenna stuff, and put it away. It shouldn't take him long to install it. I talked to a real nice lady at Comcast to get it worked out.

At first, they were all Chinese, and I don't hear that well, and got tired of asking them to repeat what they just said. It gets old FAST, and I would just hang up, and call back. I wanted to talk to an American, and finally got one.

Oh, and I went to the store first thing today. I loaded up supplies so I can stay put, and watch TV.

Everyone have a great day.
    Last edited by Howie; 06-04-2020 at 12:51 PM.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Happy Anniversary,Linda and John. And yay on Farmers markets and firm work success.
    I do Ocrevus on Sunday. Sure hope it does something.

L
    Be the person your dog thinks you are

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I just got a call from Comcast. They say due to Covid 19, they will do the installation work required outside, but leave the inside stuff on the front porch, with clear instructions on how to do it. That's fine by me. That means I don't have to put on more than my boxers.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Lazarus and ANN ~

Jim and I have different last names too. I retained my last name from my previous marriage to make it easier to manage agencies and medical care for Jonathan and Michael. When Jonathan passed, I hyphenated my last name and Jim's last name.

I hope you all got your funds at the end of that fiasco. My only option is to return the check and hope that IRS will process it sometime within the next year or so.

Virginia ~

Since the tax year was extended to July 15, thanks to COVID-19, it's possible that IRS is not processing returns very quickly. Staffing is less, everyone works from home, etc. And, it is the government.

If you decide to send a Duplicate of your return, I'd include a note asking when you can expect your refund. It probably won't hurt anything, and it may help. But, then again, it is the government.

I didn't read the "letter" either. I put it where it belonged ~ the round file.

agate ~

I'm so glad that the stimulus check is providing you with your Life Station. An excellent use of those funds to keep you safe.

ssusan ~

Sending prayers that Ocrevus helps you in every way. Please keep us updated.

Sunshine ~

Sending prayers that IVIg is helping you and that your doctors' appointments went/go well.

Howie ~

Thanks for answering the question on all of our minds: "Does Howie wear boxers or briefs?"

Hope your cable works out well for you.

Keeping you all in my prayers and sending positive, healing energy.

Be well. Stay safe. Find Joy.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Howie ~

Thanks for answering the question on all of our minds: "Does Howie wear boxers or briefs?"
    Actually, Rose, he wears a thong, and I'm sure he could just get by with wearing the thong tomorrow. The cable guy won't mind.

Wasn't there someone on this board a long time ago who talked about a cable guy? Was her name bou?
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

It was also a movie with Jim Carrey.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by ssusan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happy Anniversary,Linda and John. And yay on Farmers markets and firm work success.
    I do Ocrevus on Sunday. Sure hope it does something.

L

Hi Ssusan <waving> Good to see you here. Best of luck with the Ocrevus infusion.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast