Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: June chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

I went to get my hair cut and colored again today. There were two people in a back room, but not anywhere near me. My stylist and I were the only ones where she works. We both had mask on and I was wearing gloves. She gave me a fresh pair of gloves when I left because I was going to stop by the grocery. She also cautioned me to wipe down my steering wheel in my car. She says she keeps hand sanitizer in her car, washes her hands before she leaves the beauty shop, and then uses hand sanitizer on the steering wheel and again on her hands. She says anytime she has touched anything she does this.
    Virginia

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Well, my doctor, or CVS, or both have dropped the ball on one of my medications. It's the Gabapentin. I'm only taking 4 today instead of the six prescribed. It prevents the seizures I have when I don't take it, so it's important they get the refills done on time.

I called CVS, and they are working on contacting my doctor, and getting the go ahead. It works so well, and stopped the seizures immediately, and I would want that to continue. Seizures are the pits.

So I wait........
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Glad you are getting that straightened out, Howie.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Howie ~

Seizures are the pits, that's for certain. It is so frustrating when the pharmacy and the doctor don't communicate well about refills on medications. I hope that your Gabapentin has refills for at least 3 months, so that you don't have to have the doctor's authorization to get refills.

Ask your CVS if they have automatic refills. If so, then they can refill automatically or call the doctor for refills. However, even when we had this in place for Jon and Jim, it still got messed up.

So, I recommend that you keep an eye on your quantity of pills, and when you get to the point of 6 days left of pills (excluding weekends, in case the doctor has to be called for refills), you call CVS and ask them to call your doctor.

I've learned that I can't rely on the pharmacy or the doctor to prevent these mix-ups, and this medication is too important to have to cut back on your dosage.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Howie, that stinks!
    There are “independent” pharmacies (I use one). They are not part of a conglomerate like Walgreens and CVS.
    Mine for example is staffed by family members, owned by two pharmacists and have 2 more on staff. They are professional and caring. They answer directly to the boss.

They belong to a national chain of Independent Pharmacies,but they are not co owned etc: They do it to lock down contracts with the big insurance companies.

There is also a Medicare Service called CCM (Chronic Care Management). I m on it. My doc gets a fee from MEdicare to have a staff member manage these very kinds of issues, i.e. coordinate with meds, with multiple docs, getting riders etc) Sheis wonderful andrecently fixed a thorny med issue and a thorny doc issue to.o.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Thanks Sunshine.

I just got a call from my doctor's office, and they want me to come by and pick up my pills. I have the AC running about 10 feet from me, plus my hearing isn't the best, but I believe that's what was said.

Their office will be closed tomorrow, but the pills will be just inside the door. So tomorrow, I SHOULD have my pills. After this, I will be picking them up at CVS like I always have.

I have 6 pills in my pill stash, and just took 2 to ease my mind. 2 days of worrying about having another seizure. That's no way to live.

So if all goes well tomorrow, I can get back to my normal routine.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Howie, should anything go wrong and as you said hopefully it will not - but if, then CVS should let you have enough to get you through the week-end. Sorry you are having to go through this.

I have ANOTHER UTI. I thought Monday night I had caught it in time to just take AZO. The kind that has some antibacterial medicine in it, but so far it is not working as well as I had hoped. I probably will have to go to the Doctor the first of the week.

Yesterday I didn't do anything at all other than take out the trash and recycling. Today I did get the downstairs dusted. I have washed sheets and still have to put clean ones on my bed. I am also washing other linens.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, so sorry about the bladder symptoms. Maybe you could ask the doctor for a lab order so you can go and do a sample tomorrow. No need to see a provider. When you are there, ask for an extra sterile cup or two and the wipes so you can get a standing order to drop off a fresh sample going forward if this happens again.

I don’t know if this is possible in the practice you are in but it should be.

Good luck to you and to Howie.

Howie, it makes no sense to me that you have to go to the office and get pills between the doors rather that just going to CVS to get the corrected RX for the next 90 days!

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 06-24-2020 at 05:24 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Ann, I thought so too. But it was said I have to get the first supply from my doctor's office, then from there on, it will be through CVS. It really doesn't make sense to me either, but I'll do it they're way.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

That’s 3 UTIs this past year, no?
    Time to see a urologist, in my experience. They can help determine why you are getting so many UTIs. UTIs can be deadly.
    Let me know if you want to know more about how the urologist determined my issues causing UTIs and how they stopped them. Its been about a year since I have had one, maybe more. Several times since I THOUGHT I had one (SPS caused weird UTI like symptoms), but I did not.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast