Keep on Moving: June 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep on Moving: June 2020

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important— it doesnt have to be “exercise”! Even Science proves thaT.

Rabbit Rabbit.

Hoping for some goodness in June

Swam today in warm drizzle. Felt good

Comment

:) I am faithfully doing my exercises every night. I can't believe how long it is taking me to get stronger. I can see a very slow gradual improvement. Since I was basically in the bed for months in rehab I am doing okay. At least no falls for awhile. Jeanie :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanie Z View Post
        :) I am faithfully doing my exercises every night. I can't believe how long it is taking me to get stronger. I can see a very slow gradual improvement. Since I was basically in the bed for months in rehab I am doing okay. At least no falls for awhile. Jeanie :)
        That is great Jeanie! Don’t be so hard on yourself. Look at what your challenges are— youre working it, and doing what your body allows.

Comment

s: 4580
          s: 2627
          m: 4020
          t: 5287
          w: 4112
          t: 6083
          f: 5243
          Last edited by SuzE-Q; 06-06-2020, 12:29 PM.
          Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Suze, you have gotten very strong!
            I swam 1/2 mile today and cooked dinner.

Comment

Those numbers are really amazing Suze-Q. What do you do on rainy days?
              Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                Those numbers are really amazing Suze-Q. What do you do on rainy days?
                I only walk inside, Virginia. At any given time, I have no idea when my leg will begin limping and quickly dragging, so I am actually afraid to walk outside because I don't know if I'll be able to get home or to my car. I must do it in increments and stop and rest to recover my leg strength. It is never more than 1,000 steps at a time, and that's usually only once/day max.

I also seem to have the most strength and can go farther late at night or really early in the morning, probably when core body temp is at its lowest. So, I really don't want to be out walking then anyway.

Staying at home and covid has motivated me to get walking more in my own environment! And this is my first week with a pedometer. It seems a little too sensitive, but I'll just have to go with its #'s. But, having it definitely motivates me to take a few extra steps at any given time!
                Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Swam today 1/2 mile. So nice, and worth the exhaustion it brings with it on my legs.
                  Cooked a meal, resting . Alone. Quietly.

Comment

Sunshine 2, hoping you are alright and are able to swim every day. Can't remember if this is IVIg week, but I know you have a couple of Doctor appointments most weeks. I am sure we will hear from you when you are up to posting.
                    Virginia

Comment

I swam 1/2 mile today, and then cooked the side dish of roasted 1/2 Brussels sprouts with purple onion,garlic slivers, and halved grapes slathered in EVOO, S and P...bake 25 minutes. 375F for tonight’s dinner of meatless lasagna with spinach, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, shredded mozzarella and Parmesan Reggiana grated cheese that I already made two nights ago and was delicious.

Today I will rest this morning and early afternoon and then do three days of pill counting/sorting/separating.

Thank you Virginia. I am not alright, but making some progress on the nausea....

Comment

I’m glad to hear that you are making some progress, Sunshine. And, your dinner sounds yummy.

ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Swam 1/2 mile today, made the walnut encrusted dish to smear on the fish that DH picks up at fish market today. Well make salad when he picks up the spinach. Count out some more pills for midweek.

Was sorry to hear I missed the 5 am space link which looked like a giant pickle in the sky: I was somehow unaware of it. Too bad. I am awake at 4:45 am every day...next time.

Comment

Good job, Sunshine. Your food sounds mouthwatering.

My step #'s for the week:

Sat- 4312
                            Sun- 4129
                            Mon- 6057
                            Tues- 4101
                            Wed- 6029
                            Thur- 4083
                            Fri- 3988
                            Last edited by SuzE-Q; 06-13-2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

So great Suze!

Sunshine, you're doing good. I know you might not feel like it, but you're are.
                              Virginia

Comment

Working...
                              X