Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving: June 2020

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know how you manage to cook so much with all that you have going on, Sunshine, but I hope you're rewarding yourself with one of your special meals, maybe the yummy one you mentioned on June 12 involving Brussels sprouts.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know how you manage to cook so much with all that you have going on, Sunshine, but I hope you're rewarding yourself with one of your special meals, maybe the yummy one you mentioned on June 12 involving Brussels sprouts.
    I donít know how I did that extra cooking re lasagna. It really pushed my limits, and if had to do it again, wouldíve done take out. I just thought I would do it a step at a time, and if at anytime it was too much, I would simply stop and put in fridge whatever steps I had done.

I think sometimes I am too much a taskmaster on myself...that was one of the times.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Takeout has improved vastly compared to the times when the only options were Chinese food or pizza. Many more options out there. Back when I was still doing "serious" cooking, I tended to forget that after I'd put all the ingredients together and gone through the steps involved in making a recipe, I still had a lot of cleanup waiting for me, and sometimes that part almost did me in.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I swam in the pool 1/2 mile today. Set up my pills for half the week, made lunch, adhered to the medical regime every hour, rested. Just did what I felt like today and that is good

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Today I swam 1/2 mile. I will treat myself and not make myself do anything such as cooking.

Two technicians are coming to the house to get it ready for hurricane season. I wonder if it is scary for them to enter homes not knowing the status of COVID?
    I am ready with my mask, and gloves for the techs. THey are wearing masks. Who knows if they are the right kind? But one takes some mild chances here and there. It would be worse to be without a generator or a/c in hurricane season! It already goes up to 94 every day.

My doc has arranged for phlebotomist to come to my home for blood work. My Medicare supplement will pay for this due to me not being able to leave the house due to toileting issues. I am relieved about that. I just heard today from the docís office that it has been arranged. Between that and telemedicine, life has been a tad easier.

By the way, really enjoyed Netflix The Crown series and also the movie on Netflix called the Boy who harnessed the wind, or something like that.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, I watched The Crown on Netflix and really enjoyed it. I wish another season of it would come out. I thought they were going to do one that included Charles and Diana. If you happen to come across one let me know.
    Virginia

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sunshine, I watched The Crown on Netflix and really enjoyed it. I wish another season of it would come out. I thought they were going to do one that included Charles and Diana. If you happen to come across one let me know.
    There is one with Helen Mirrin as Elizabeth II weathering the crisis of Diana’s death. VERY well done. It shows her relationship with Tony Blair. I think yo will like it. IT’s called The Queen.

THen there are the miniseries of Elizabeth I with Helen Mirrin and Jeremy Irons
    And the miniseries of Elizabeth I with Cate Blanchett (Or was that one a movie)
    Two excellent series, and very different takes, they complement each other well.

My favorite scene is Cate Blanchett rallying the troops to defeat the Spanish Armada Invasion: Very moving for sure.

C18BA686-87CB-4EB6-AEFA-91FF2D42EDAE.jpg
    This photo is of the Elizabeth II weathering the Death of Diana and the near collapse of the monarchy over her bungling. Excellent movie
    Last edited by Sunshine 2; 07-10-2020 at 11:51 AM.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I swam 1/2 mile today. My back problems are really bumming me out. So I commiserate with agate...

I made an easy dinner of a big salad, and I took frozen cooked baby shrimp,, thawed them out and tossed them with some chopped red pepper, purple onion, a bit of mayonnaise and a spray of lemon juice. They look appealing.

The morning I was walking a lot. It was as though I was getting some improving. This afternoon, back into the w/c to prevent spasms. Thatís ok. At least I had that morning, maybe it will be a trend.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Swam 1/2 mile today. Then made the walnut/breadcrumb/Parmesan EVOO crust for flounder will cook later today. That takes about 20 minutes from gather up stuff to clean up . Resting. These meds save my life and make me tired and dizzy....

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

1) You are AMAZING!

2) What time is dinner? I’ll bring the salad.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast