Thread: Keep on Moving: June 2020

Distinguished Community Member

Sunshine, you are a rock star!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Incredible Sunshine!

I read one time when I was doing Yoga that about 5PM was when a woman's body was strongest. It was strange reading it because I knew that was about the time of day I already liked to do my Yoga exercises.
    Virginia

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I did yoga many years ago. It's a great way to keep yourself limber, and your mind focused. I wouldn't even try these days. Stay with it Virginia.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Oops, I started the July thread, thinking today was July 1st :)
    Today I swam 1/2 mile. Today will get ready for ivig tomorrow, packing food for the whole 8 hours, meds, etc., make enough side dishes fro tonigh and wed. Night. .... the chicken is already done. Forgot to make DH a lunch for todayó he was nonplussed, and supportive as usual.

We found out today that his friendís daughter is living with a BF who tested COVID in north Florida. That makes five people we know with COVID in their family, one death so far.

Wear your masks, stay away from people as much as your disease allows you to.
    Vote. Vote Vote Vote Vote . Vote for competence. Vote for people who think scientists have plenty to knowledge to offer up.
    Vote like your life depends upon it.
    Because it does.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been so busy lately that I haven't been posting about my exercise, but a couple of days ago I racked up 3,500 steps. That's a record for me.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

My goodness Agate, that is really great. I hope you didn't have any lingering effects the following day. I would be totally exhausted if I even tried. You are getting stronger.

I would like to second Sunshine's post re voting. As she said your life really does depend on it.
    Virginia

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My goodness Agate, that is really great. I hope you didn't have any lingering effects the following day. I would be totally exhausted if I even tried. You are getting stronger.

I would like to second Sunshine's post re voting. As she said your life really does depend on it.
    I didn't escape the lingering effects. They're still lingering. The sciatica kicked up and kept me awake much of the night on Sunday night but not so bad last night. If I get too tired, I start dropping things and forgetting things and getting generally muddled, and I hate being like that. So I'm trying hard just to do what I can and let the rest go. If it doesn't get done in time or gets done in a slipshod way, that's the breaks. The manager recognizes that this is a special situation and has even told me that all of us working on this can just opt not to do it.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Sciatica is awful. I am new to that game and I am sorry you have to go through that agate.

Donít worry so much about the number of steps. Its the number of steps, YOUR body can manage, and only you know that. If I tried what you all do in stepping, I would be in the ER every day.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Sciatica is really awful. I have had it a few times and I just try to take it easy. The first time was in the late 80s and I was in Miami, Fla. I was staying on a yacht and the weather turned very cool one night. I came down with my first case of sciatica. Actually, I had also been traveling for a couple of days also.

Agate, I hope you are feeling much better soon.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I swam 1/2 mile today. Today is the first day in a while, that the pain has been manageable. Yesterday it was at a 7 and 8 all day. Today is at 4 to 5. No rhyme or reason . Sometimes it takes 48 hours for the IVIG to kick in. Could be that.
    But, it is still not baseline, still unable to walk more than about 40 steps with rollator without pain. But its something and I am grateful.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast