Thread: MS Spacticity Help

Distinguished Community Member

Default MS Spacticity Help

I saw this article in my inbox today:

https://multiplesclerosis.net/living...5f9bceeafe0400

Itís good, basic information. It reminded me that I have a TENS unit in my closet that is a useful tool to break up spasms.

The last recommendation was baclofen for an intermittent problem. I find that it doesnít work that way. For spasms that you want relief from in the next hour or so, tizanidine is a much better prn medication.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw this article in my inbox today:

https://multiplesclerosis.net/living...5f9bceeafe0400

It’s good, basic information. It reminded me that I have a TENS unit in my closet that is a useful tool to break up spasms.

The last recommendation was baclofen for an intermittent problem. I find that it doesn’t work that way. For spasms that you want relief from in the next hour or so, tizanidine is a much better prn medication.

ANN
    Very timely information. My toes are spamming and making it tougher and tougher to walk. I have baclofen and started using it again. I have a habit of not taking pills when I am not having a particular problem.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

If your dose of Baclofen is high enough, you cannot just stop it. You ease off it by 5mg every two weeks. But I suspect you use low mg?

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"