Restoration Saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi my dear Rose,
    I miss you. I feel like we need to start a new "Rose' thread in CN. Maybe I will! How are you? Are you OK in these fires and in your berievement? I think of you literally every day. We are OK. Jim is getting better slowly but surely. I noticed today that his face is more filled out (probably from the prednisone) - he doesn't look so gaunt anymore. With Covid, we were so happy to be visiting Nick in his room and able to give hugs but today the government said that will not be allowed now as of 5pm tomorrow so we are trying to arrange a visit with him before 5. Hopefully they will let us come. The Covid numbers have skyrocketted around us and I suspect that's because school is back. My advocacy agenda recently is to get infection control protocol training for caregivers in Canada so they can't shut us out. I'm working on it.
    Anyway dear friend, I wanted to touch base. We are alone and not seeing anyone but nature is beautiful and we are OK, so we are grateful. Hoping we can see Nick tomorrow! Tell me about yourself - how your days are. Lots of love, Donna xox
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Comment

((((((Donna)))))) ~

I have missed you too, and all of our other wonderful friends here on CN. I will start a new thread for us all to chime in to share what's happening in our lives.

Jim's progress is good news, and it is possible that some of his physical changes could be Prednisone-related. May Jim continue to improve and be able to wean down on the Prednisone.

Did you get to see Nick, before the shutdown? I'm so sorry. I can only try to imagine how difficult it is to be separated from him as long as you have been.

In our zeal to revert to our pre-COVID "normal," we sacrifice making progress in halting the spread of the virus. It's too early to open schools, public buildings, bars, salons, gyms, etc.

I know you're fighting as always for infection control protocol, and you will succeed. You have knowledge, wisdom, compassion, and experience to propel you.

As For Me ~

John is giving me his old car, so that I can donate the van to a Veterans' organization. It's complicated, of course. I've been driving the van for 22 years, so I'll have to adjust to driving/parking a car.

There are other legal issues, which I need to address. Time consuming and difficult to organize. Countless repairs to our home, which I'm avoiding for now.

I've given up on my walks, because dawn comes so late, we have West Nile Virus warnings for mosquitoes, and the air quality is usually Fair to Very Unhealthy due to the fires in our vicinity. Sometimes even blue skies can be toxic.

Like you, and everyone here, I am pulling out all of my coping tools and doing the best that I can.

My love, prayers, and positive, healing energy continue to flow toward you, Jim, Nick, Natalie, and your beautiful family. Stay strong, be safe, and keep fighting and making "Good Trouble"!

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Working...
      X