Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Restoration Saga

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (((((Hugs to All))))))

Thank you so much Marcie, Virginia, and funnylegs 4 for your advice and explanations. It’s good to know that video chats eat data.

I’m on the iPad now, because I lost my internet connection this morning. I called Spectrum and my modem wa pinged twice with no signal. Finally spoke to a nice lady who told me what I’ve been told before over the last few years: cables are old, need replacing. She read my signals compared to the needed range and they were so out of range below and above.

I’ve had intermittent reception for years, and now it is done. I have nothing. She talked about scheduling a tech, and I balked. She understood as she has a son in renal failure and her mom is a heart patient. She said she wouldn’ t talk me into it, but I do need new cables or not computer.

While I can make do with the iPad, I really need my computer. It’s just easier for me to see and compose on plus it has all of my history.

So, I am going to schedule for a tech to come out and upgrade the cables. I will wear a mask and gloves and stand far away from him. If he doesn’t have a mask, I will give him one and gloves. I will ask about WiFi but I still don’t want it. Hacking as you said funnylegs is a big concern.

This motivated me to clean the office today, which it really needed. Every crisis is a kick in the rear for me to organize and clean. I hope he does not have to access the attic. It is opens through the office closet ceiling and it is awkward.

I am not happy about any of this. But I need my computer. I just pray it does not kill me in the process of getting it back.

My love and prayers to all. Typing this is tiring on an iPad. Ugh!

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Hi Rose, you're very welcome! This is going to sound completely nuts but I swear I'm telling the truth. When I needed my modem replaced the tech put the modem in the mail slot in my door and then called me from outside and told me how to plug it in without him coming in my house. I disinfected new modem after. Can your tech person do something like this???? If not both of you wearing a ton of PPE will very likely do the trick like when I had my toilet repaired last week. Good luck!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Modems are pretty easy to install. I had never heard that about hacking. I enjoy having wify, and really don't think about it, but if someone is afraid of it I can understand.

Rose, so sorry about your computer being on the blink due to the cables being old and outdated. I hope you can get it back real soon. I think it would be very hard for me to type on an ipad or to see it well. My computer monitor is a 24inch flat screen monitor that one of my brothers gave me, so I am now use to something pretty large.

I hope you are doing well these days and was so glad you were able to re-connect with old friends. That is always exciting and gives one something to look forward to. It is such a shame that one lady has ALS.

Think of you everyday.
    Virginia

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All))))))

Funnylegs4 and Virginia ~

My problem is not my modem. I actually installed that several years ago. I also have a back up modem, which I bought when we first started having intermittent disconnections.

My problem is the cables inside and outside are old and need upgrading. We had a tech here five years ago, who told us this, but we didnít want the upheaval as Jon was having a rough time. And you know what our lives have been like since then.

The earliest appointment is Monday from 1-2 p.m. so after the tech finishes and it could take a few hours, I should have internet connection for my computer without interruption. That will be a blessing!

I plan to stay as far away from the tech as I can. He will wear gloves indoors especially near my computer and modem.

I have old Lysol spray discovered during destruction of the bathroom. I think I should spray him all over before he enters. No? Too much?

I have Large monitor on my iMac and I need it to see what I am doing. The iPad is straining my eyes. I only slept four hours last night and I am dragging.

Love and prayers to all ~ stay safe.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((Hugs to All))))))

Funnylegs4 and Virginia ~

My problem is not my modem. I actually installed that several years ago. I also have a back up modem, which I bought when we first started having intermittent disconnections.

My problem is the cables inside and outside are old and need upgrading. We had a tech here five years ago, who told us this, but we didn’t want the upheaval as Jon was having a rough time. And you know what our lives have been like since then.

The earliest appointment is Monday from 1-2 p.m. so after the tech finishes and it could take a few hours, I should have internet connection for my computer without interruption. That will be a blessing!

I plan to stay as far away from the tech as I can. He will wear gloves indoors especially near my computer and modem.

I have old Lysol spray discovered during destruction of the bathroom. I think I should spray him all over before he enters. No? Too much?

I have Large monitor on my iMac and I need it to see what I am doing. The iPad is straining my eyes. I only slept four hours last night and I am dragging.

Love and prayers to all ~ stay safe.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Hi Rose, no worries. I know you meant the cables, I was just asking if the tech can give the new cables to you in a socially distanced manner and then describe to you how to plug them in yourself so he doesn't come inside but your plan sounds excellent! Good luck! I pray you have internet!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All))))))

Funnylegs4

The cables running on the outside of our house and inside through our attic need to be replaced. In 2015, a cable guy told us this, but Jon was ill so we put it off. Now we have no signal. A connection cable was installed outside in 2015, so that is ready.

This will probably take a few hours. It is not something I could do! And if it was only cables to my computer and modem, I still couldnít do it. If I get on the floor, I may not be able to get up. That would be a job for John.

John is working late today, so no visit. We texted so he is up to date. I do worry about being with him because his job takes him all over with lots of contact. So it is okay if we skip a visit.

I cleaned the pond and refilled it today. I just had a feeling that he wouldnít be here. I fear falling, but I was careful.

This week I watched all of the events celebrating the great John Lewis. The horse drawn carriage carrying him across the bridge covered in rose petals for Bloody Sunday. I have shed many tears this week.

Please stay safe everyone and be well. I love you and pray for you and your loved ones.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Smile Dream Visit

((((((Hugs to All))))))

Still no internet connection, of course and learning the iPad. I wish that I had a regular keypad.

When I awoke this morning, I was discouraged to see that the time was 2 a.m. I prayed that I could return to sleep as I always do. My prayer was answered in a most spectacular, wonderful way.

Jim, Jonathan, and Michael all visited me at the same time! I donít remember the surroundings, but we were comfortable and joyful. Jon and Michael talked perfectly, walked, laughed, glowed. Jim was glowing too and robust. They were whole and so beautiful.

I canít remember what we said, except that they each told me that they loved me. They hugged me and comforted me. I felt it. It was exquisite.

When I woke up, i was elated. Then I wondered if it was real. Of course, it was. It was 4:30, about the time Jon passed and the time when the mortuary van drove down our street with Jim. Dawn breaks about 5:15.

I pray every night, before I climb in bed that they will visit me in my dreams. And they did in a marvelous way. I am so grateful.

My love, prayers, and healing energy to you all and to your loved ones. Be safe and well.

Love & Light,

Rose

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

A wonderful visit, Rose.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Dear Rose,

Your dream sounds amazing. I'm so happy to hear that your guys visited you in the most loving dream.

Marcie

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Rose This made my day! What a lovely start to your day! Your guys are certainly watching over you and taking good care!
    Mary Grace

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Rose, it is so wonderful that they visited you and let you see their whole and healed bodies and that they are all together. They once again showed their love by trying to comfort you in your grief.

The love just goes on.

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast