Keep on Moving May 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep on Moving May 2020

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important— it doesnt have to be “exercise”! Even Science proves thaT.

Rabbit Rabbit.

Hoping for some goodness in May.

I swam today at least.

Hi Sunshine...I was glad to read your post. I am trying to force myself to move, rest, move, rest...etc. I have been lazy during this quarantine...moving very little, barely a couple of hours a day. Need to lose the weight I have gained!
    Take care
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

I keep forgetting to do those wall pushups. Now that I've figured out how to do them, I really have no excuse.

I haven't been getting out to walk in the nice weather either. I've been fairly busy, doing laundry the last two days, plus ironing.

Dealing with a blocked toilet should count as exercise because I was wiped out for most of that day afterwards. It doesn't take so much strength to operate a snake but it does take some coordination and maneuvering of a tricky gadget in a small space.

I'm not much good at that kind of thing first thing in the morning.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

:) I am doing my PT exercises every night before I go to bed. I do lower leg lifts, stomping while sitting, heel raises and squats then two minutes of standing. I use a theraband and do several arm exercises then use weights and do curls.

I do at least 20 of each thing and I can tell my muscles are getting slightly better. I am more steady when I transfer now too. Everything else I do is done on a scooter but I do laundry, cooking, dishes, etc. I am about 60% back to normal. Jeanie :)

Comment

Jeanie, I’m very glad to hear you say that you are improved.

Have a chocolate kiss.
          ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Swam yesterday1/2 mile. EEked out making supper with help, got ready for the infusion today. No swim tomorrow: must do 6 am 2 hour treatment, which is twice a week now....

Comment

It's 9 days into May and I'm finally getting around to figuring up the average step count for April.

Drum roll, please!

Average step count for April:

1687 steps/day based on 30 days. That is the highest average in a year and a half.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Congratulations, Agate. That is a big achievement.

ANN

Comment

Agate, you definitely have not been lazy or wasting your time. That is a great average.
                  Virginia

Comment

I walked today, thinned the raised bed and repotted pansies into 4 terra cotta pots for the front steps. Orange and purple pansies. :-)

ANN

Comment

I swam half mile today.
                      Tomorrow is all morning test on the nausea problem. Will be grueling.
                      Then afternoon get ready for Wednesday infusion.
                      Then medical even Thursday morning.
                      Back to swim Friday morning if all goes well.

Comment

I have to move. Karma doesn't like it when I get up too late, she scratches at the bedroom door to be let out of the room. First she gets breakfast, then I take her out for her first walk of the day.
                        s
                        Jendie
                        I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

Comment

Jendie, I was just thinking about you this afternoon. I watched a video of a tiny house that was a model called Salish or something close to that.

Also, when you started your above sentence with, “I have to move,” I thought “Oh no! She has to move. Bummer, such a bad time for that.” Ha.

ANN
                          Last edited by stillstANNding; 05-18-2020, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Thinking of you, Sunshine, as you go through testing today. I hope the results will lead to help.

ANN

Comment

My neurologist called me yesterday to have our appointment. My flip phone is so unreliable I gave the nurse my landline number.

It was a great appointment. 40 minutes. I explained that I did not choose a zoom appointment because I am more coherent when I can shut my eyes and talk. She told me that she appreciated the phone appointment because it is exhausting to have face time appointments all day long! She has to think about her hair...clothes etc. we laughed a lot and I brought up everything that I needed to. She is hoping for a real appointment in July. I told her that was good because I would have time to lose the 5 lbs. I had gained!

Anyway, rituxan should be set up soon.
                              Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Working...
                              X