Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: May chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My antenna arrives tomorrow. I've been watching the box set I have of Sea Hunt. B&W, but I loved that show. I wanted to be an oceanographer when I was a kid.

Oh, and the antenna I got didn't do a thing, so the one coming tomorrow has a 160 mile range. It had better work, or I'm getting cable.
    I hope I notice your response about this antenna....it would interest us too. Very much.
    I am also looking for a way to boost wifi or is it wireless. Whichever is the one where you can’t take the device out of the house. That is fine for us but the modem or router needs a boost so I can use my iPad in the next room. Most of the time I can use it anywhere in the house but a boost would be useful sometimes.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I saw an advertisement on MSN homepage for a wi fi booster. All you have to do is plug it into the wall, according to the advertisement. It didn't give the price.

Yes, I still iron!!! There are still people like me around, though not many. When Ann said she gave up ironing 25 years ago, I almost laughed out loud. Ann doesn't need to iron. We all know she has Peter to do that for her.

I have had a couple of MS tired days also. I had planned to just not do anything today. I had kept thinking that I smelled an odor coming from my pantry, so I knew I had to take care of that. I looked and looked, but couldn't find anything that could be causing it. Finally, I got a footstool from my living room and tried to look down real low. I knew I couldn't get up from my milking stool. I was looking on the floor where I keep my tool box, a jug of Clorox and ginger ale in case I get sick and need it. Behind the tool box was a rotten onion (gross). I had to get up, get some thick towels to put down for my knees and a pale of water and sponge to clean. While down there I got a telephone call regarding renewal of my "call service". I was able to reach a telephone by leaning over and getting one off the nearest kitchen counter.

I had to get up to give them my credit card number. It had changed from the last one I gave them. They were going to charge me about $180.00 for six months and I told them I could get another brand cheaper. They let me have it for $120.00 for six months. While up, I got another call, so I chatted on that. Then I went back to my job in the kitchen. When I got through, I noticed a lot of really bad black streaks on my kitchen floor. Turned out it was from the foot stool I had used. I tried putting some Dawn dishing washing detergent on my sponge and it did nothing. I tried several things and was beginning to panic because these streaks were very noticeable. Finally I tried a Mr Clean Magic Eraser and with some scrubbing I was able to get the marks up.

I got up off the floor, but not easily. I had to use the stool and a chair. Finally, got the trash out of the house.

So much for my MS tired day. Boy, do I need Laura!!!
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, I fear you will be hurting tomorrow.

I told Peter what you said about my ironing and he said to send you “praise and encouragement.” I was trying to think of the last time he ironed something for me. I think probably a tablecloth at a holiday to get the
    lines outs from folding. Most likely that was at Thanksgiving as we were in PA for Christmas.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Ann, I think Peter has ironed for you since then. He had the ironing board set up in the living room, I thought and y'all were listening to music. I don't think that was a tablecloth.

Actually, I wasn't there, so don't take my word for it. Thank Peter for the praise and encouragement. I need it. Of course I also deserve it. That was 8 long sleeve starched blouses and a pair of jeans. I bet that would be too much for even Peter.
    Virginia

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, 8 long-sleeved starched blouses! I'm so impressed--but feel that you must be very tired after that.

I had a long-sleeved blouse that needed starch. I loved it but hated ironing it and was deliriously happy when it developed so many holes in noticeable places that I had to discard it.

Then, woops! I found I didn't have enough light-weight shirts after that--and just recently got 3 new ones because I ran across a nice sale online. They're all long-sleeved but none of them needs starch and at least they're not as hard to iron as that older one that I threw out.

Yesterday I ironed all 3 of them along with several other things that needed only touching up. I was ready to rest for the rest of the day.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Oh, my! Ironing jeans. And starching anything. That’s too much work, Virginia.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Still here. Still very sick. Not coronavirus sick. SPS related sick. Still swim but 3x week.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sunshine, I hope your down time won't last long. It's great that you're swimming 3 times a week anyway in spite of not being well.

Yes, Virginia, I think Ann is right. Do jeans really need ironing? Thinking back on it (my kids wore them a lot), I do recall that some of them did come out so wrinkled that they had to be ironed. And others didn't. It might depend on the brand?
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

My new antenna doesn't work. It was an indoor antenna, but I really thought it might work. Well, time to see if my outdoor antenna can be fixed. Back to DVDs....sigh.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate, that is what happened with these jeans. They came out of dryer too wrinkled. I had been hanging them instead of putting them in the dryer and I forgot to do that.

Howie, so sorry about your antenna. You are going a long time without TV. I would get tired of the same DVDs. There has to be a better way. If you needed an outdoor antenna why didn't you get one? Is it because you would have a hard time putting it up? I bet your nephew would stop by sometime and put one up for you if you called him. I realize you are like me and don't want to ask, but this really is a need. You need this for your mental health, since you can't read due to eye problems, and you can't go for long walks, so you need a TV. Call your Sister and ask her if she thinks it is a good idea for you to call your nephew.
    Virginia

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast