Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: May chitchat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Talking May chitchat

Here we are in May, and I don't know if anyone else is glad to see spring hasn't been stopped in its tracks by any coronavirus.

Quite a few people here have been hurting lately, and not just because of COVID-19. I wish we as a group could do more to help those who are having trouble.

At least we're here in case anyone wants to say something or read what we have to say.

Being here for others is actually quite an achievement in a busy world filled with people who are often so involved in their phones that they have time for little else.

But here we are. Just quietly but definitely here.

And if you don't think the world is filled with people--to the point where we're looking at social distancing as a new lifestyle--here's a fact to think about. When I was born, this country's total population was 132 million. In 2020 it's 331 million.

What's been going on in your world lately?
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Well, I haven't been making any babies if that's what you're asking.

I did get some sleep which on payday is rare. But I did get paid. I love the online banking.

So now, I wait for the store to open, and I'll be off to do my payday running around.

Everyone have a great day, and rest assured knowing Sam has her fresh supply of turkey and cheese.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Back from the store. I did check my mail on the way in, and there was the electric bill I knew was waiting, so I wrote a check, mailed it off, and I'm done at least until Monday.

I forgot to get my creamer, but did get some dry French Vanilla which is ALMOST as good. It will do me until Monday. Bills are all paid, I have plenty to eat, and I even got Sam a new kind of dry food. I'll try it later.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I had great luck yesterday. Someone nearby on the Nextdoor app posted that they had unopened cat food and litter. They had a finicky older cat that had just died and were giving it away. We picked it up last evening and it will live in the trunk for three days. What I could see was much fancier and more expensive than what we buy.

Today I transplanted more lettuce from the “salad box” to the raised bed garden. I may have eaten some.
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 05-01-2020 at 10:14 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back from the store. I did check my mail on the way in, and there was the electric bill I knew was waiting, so I wrote a check, mailed it off, and I'm done at least until Monday.

I forgot to get my creamer, but did get some dry French Vanilla which is ALMOST as good. It will do me until Monday. Bills are all paid, I have plenty to eat, and I even got Sam a new kind of dry food. I'll try it later.

Sounds like a perfect life HOwie!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Sounds like a perfect life HOwie!
    I try, it's the only one I've got!

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How does Sam like the new food? Did you sample it first?
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Agate, you even ask??? You know Howie would never give Sam food he has not already tried.
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Soooo, Agate says it is May and I guess that means it is. Also, today is my deceased husband's birthday, and that also tells me it is May.

What is going on in my world is just about absolutely nothing. Someone mentioned ironing and I have a couple of blouses that have needed that for quite awhile, but they just keep staring at me and I keep thinking I will possibly do it. Then I put it off. This whole thing with this virus is either making me tired or lazy. Maybe I was already that way.

I had another $19.27 put back in my checking account from Instacart. I think this is from the fraud charge the bank made. I think that makes $167.20 total. I am satisfied with that.

I have seen some of you talk about getting your stimulus check. I got mine so long ago, I must have been one of the first ones. However, I can't seem to get my tax refund which is MY money. I filed in February. I went on line and I can fill out everything up to a point and then it tells me that they cannot help me and it gives a number to call. I called and it is an automated voice system with no way to get to a live person, but it says if you filed before March 31st that they cannot help you. So, am I being penalized for over paying my taxes and then filing early for a refund?

Yesterday I got a call that a prescription was ready for pickup. I went to drive thru at pharmacy and bank. I had intended to call Poppy Seeds and see what they were offering to eat at their curbside service. I wrote the number down and then forgot to take it with me. I decided I would go back to Chic-Fil-A and get another chicken salad. It was not quite as fresh as the one Wednesday night. They didn't get this lettuce out of Ann's garden. But it was still good.

I warned y'all that nothing was going on around my house, now you know it isn't.
    Virginia

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    Agate, you even ask??? You know Howie would never give Sam food he has not already tried.
    It made me thirsty.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast