Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: May chitchat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've noticed that items coming in the mail or by UPS/FedEx tend to have lots of delays. Hope your antenna fix gets there today, Howie.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) I put my power bill in the mailbox to go out yesterday morning. It is still there today so I had no mail delivery. We do not have a regular postman. Different people take this route after they have finished their own. I do not like that an envelope with a check in it stays there overnight. Jeanie :)

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I don't like that either, Jeanie, and have noticed it here as well. We never know what carrier we'll get. There are days when nobody here gets mail. The carrier just doesn't show up.

For quite a few years we had a regular carrier. That worked much better though the last regular carrier we had was pretty careless.

I often got other people's mail and they got mine.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

26 hours since anyone posted. For shame!
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Well I'll post! Home health nurse just left after taking blood for lab work. She was sent as I requested after talking to the NP the other day. NP looked at my records and told me that when I was in the hospital and they did a chest x-ray, they noticed I have an enlarged heart! This is the first I've heard of it and I'd like to know why I was never told. As Howie says, FOR SHAME!!! NP has ordered a complete blood work-up and referred me to a cardiologist. He said it could be congestive heart failure or something else, hence the bloodwork and referral. When it rains, it pours!!! I'm getting tired of the fight but then I think of my grandchildren, especially Tula, who lost her other grandmother less than a year ago. That is another complicated story and should never have happened.

Sorry for the whine but sometimes I just gotta let it flow.
    Last edited by nuthatch; 05-21-2020 at 02:19 PM.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Maybe the doctor didn't want to trouble you unnecessarily and thought that if you had no symptoms that needed attention, why mention it? I've heard that they do this routinely--note a condition in the chart notes without mentioning it.

From my very limited experience (doing EKGs in a hospital years ago and typing pathology reports, etc.) I know that an enlarged heart is very common but I don't know if that's any comfort to you.

It sounds as if now they're deciding that it deserves more attention. Doctors have entirely too many cases to handle, and it's not surprising that they overlook things.

But you have to wonder who it is that obliges them to take on so many cases. I think their case load is usually up to them to decide on. So yes, shame on the doctor who failed to mention it.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Wow Nuthatch when it rains it pours. Keep us posted on what you find out. Prayers for you in addition to the ones I already say. Jeanie :)

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Not a good day here. The seizures have started again, so I called my DRs. office, and now I'm waiting on CVS to call and tell me it's ready. Here we go again.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I am also suffering right now. Have not slept more than 3 hours at a time all week. Now spasms have started up really bad, having trouble walking, and bad parathesis in feet and legs. Mine is all MS, but nothing I can do about it.

I have a Dental appointment on Tuesday of next week. I am terrified to go because of COVID, but feel I must with two fillings having come out. Lady who does my hair called yesterday. I am due to go in there on Wednesday afternoon. She asked me to bring a mask. I told her not to worry that I would be wearing one. My State is opening up today, but I am very frightened about it because our cases are still going up. I know we are testing a lot more, but still it means there are more people with COVID regardless of how they find it out. Just my take on it.

Nuthatch, concerned about your enlarged heart. My brother (maybe two of them) have that and have had it for years. They don't seem to think too much about it, so maybe Agate is right in that a lot of people seem to have enlarged hearts. I wonder if it depends on how enlarged it is? Sounds reasonable to me. Whatever you find out please keep us informed.

Howie, I hope you get some medicine soon for the seizures. I worry about you when you are having them. Very frightening.
    Virginia

18. The following 8 users say "thanks"

I got my script. It's the same med I was taking before, Gabapentin. It works well. Guess I'll be on it the rest of my life which is fine, the seizures are the pits!
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast