Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast

Thread: May chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

I am hoping Linda is alright. I miss her. Maybe she’s just busy.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Rose; what is MOM

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

That means "mother". Just kidding Sunshine, I don't know what it is either. Good morning everyone!
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

MOM = milk of magnesia
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Sunshine ~

I apologize for the abbreviation. I'm used to using MOM on Child Neuro, since all of us are familiar with it. Chronic constipation is quite common among our kids.

agate ~

Thanks for answering Sunshine's question.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I am hoping Virginia is well.

ANN

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Good morning.

It’s time to put our air conditioners in. <sigh> Half of my kitchen window will be blocked by one of those. I miss the view but am grateful for the work the AC does.

We are eating lots of salad here and yesterday added broccoli rapini to it. And we have some terrific green olive and red cherry pepper bread that we toast up to have with the salad.

I am doing better. My “battery” is staying charged and I am able to stay productive all day.

How are you and what’s going on in your world?
    ANN

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Good evening everyone! I just got up a little after 4PM today. Actually, I got up this morning and had planned to do a few things. I was so tired that I set down for awhile. I was going to eat lunch the last time I looked at the clock, but I never did. I woke up after 4 this afternoon instead, so just waited for supper time. The reason I am so tired is because I went out two days in a row. I just can't do it.

Tuesday I went to the Dentist. I had a 2:20P.M. appointment. They had a sign up to call them before I went in. They had to unlock the door and let me in. They had a list of things printed on a piece of paper that I read. The answer was no to every one of them so they put one of those things to my forehead and took my temperature. I had to sign the paper, write what my temperature was and date it. Then they left me sitting in the waiting room for about 35 minutes. They took me back and the Dentist's helper was well prepared with PPE, not only a mask but a facial shield. That made me feel good. Then the Dentist came in and he had on a mask that looked like mine. You could throw it away. It was a long appointment because a younger Dentist in that practice had left one of my front teeth longer than the other and for some unknown reason had also put some enamel in the middle of that tooth and made it thicker.

I thought I was going to have to look like that forever, but this older Dentist said he could fix it, so he would take a tiny bit off the length and the thickness and leave me with a mirror to look at it and decide if I wanted more done. He did it 3 times. He told me he would rather I not do anymore right now. That it was easy to go in and remove a little more, that I should get use to it and then see what I thought. Said he knew it was hard on me to get in, but I could come in 2 weeks, 2 months or 4 months. A filling was not missing on that side. A small one was missing on the other side which he put in. I didn't need deadening. So price was - hang on to your seats - $489.00. Since the younger Doctor, who is his son-in-law, stupidly made the tooth longer and thicker, I thought it was a little steep.

I finally left there and went to Harris Teeter and grocery shopped for an hour or so. Not crowded at all. Then I stopped and got a sandwich and came home.

Yesterday was a pouring down rain day here. I had a 3PM appointment for my hair. My hair dresser wore a mask and I kept mine on the entire time. She wipes down the chair you sit in with a clorox wipe after each customer and tries to book so that one doesn't come before the other one leaves. I got out of there at 5:05PM. I then went in the rain to the pharmacy, picked up a Rx, and shopped for an hour in the drugstore. I stopped for a salad and got home at 6:30. I am still so tired.

Ann, my battery has "no charge". I envy you, but I am happy for you.

While out for two days I think everyone I saw had on a mask. However, I still did not feel good about being out there. It is dangerous. So, if you don't have to go my advice is still not to do so.
    Last edited by Virginia; 05-28-2020 at 05:07 PM.
    Virginia

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) I had an appointment with my hairdresser and she was the only one there and had on a mask and I did too. I had asked her about the nail salon next door and she said it is a husband and wife and very nice and clean. I was the only one there and we all had masks and she used a lot of alcohol.

After she finished my hair I went next door and had a pedicure and a full set of acrylic nails put on. All my nails had broken into the quick and several were painful. The lady did the best job I have ever had at a salon. It was also the most I have ever paid for those two things. $70. and a tip.

I went through the drive thru at Burger King and got a Whopper Junior and home. I do not think I was exposed in any way. I can stay home for at least three weeks now.

I've been reading Rose's restoration thread and she is doing amazing and it sounds like it will all be a good finish for her. I am so glad she has the fountain and waterfall now in the garden as I am sure it is calming. Nice to see Ralph posting. Jeanie :)

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Jeanie, my nails are bad. They split, etc. However, I have decided that I probably will not try that for awhile. The salon I go to is very clean and the lady who does mine is very clean, but still I just don't have a good feeling about nail salons yet. I will get by as best I can for awhile longer.

It's kind of like deciding which poison you will take and how much of it when going out now.
    Virginia

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast