Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

If the grocery stores just keep a stock of turkey and cheese Howie will survive. If not, it is questionable that he will make it. Sam will be incensed.
    Virginia

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Good morning from Boston. It was a cold night. Brrr. It was just 31 when I hit the kitchen at 6:30 AM. I don’t know far down it had been.

I’ve been keeping the poly cover on the garden. Everything is up: kale, spinach, radishes, bunching onions, beets - two varieties of each of those. Three kinds of carrots. Peas. Broccoli and broccoli rabe. And something called lovage. All parts of it taste like celery. There is also the garlic, shallots and parsley and oregano that overwintered.

I have Red Finn fingerling seed potatoes to plant in felt buckets and I have Sterling onions and some ginger on the way. Who knew you could grow your own ginger? Probably Linda did. That will complete the Spring garden. It makes me so happy. And the greens are in the table garden.

Virginia, what a frustrating Instacart day for you on top of cleaning. Maddening. And food was wasted. Very vexing. I hope you got the things you needed and that the money worked out.

Sunshine, how was the IVIG?

SuzEQ, how are you doing. Nice to see you at BT. How are you faring during these strange times?

Peter is still working at home and we expect that he will be for a long while. Boston is surging and we have not yet peaked. Still, if we don’t get CoVID, we need to keep up with the precautions until there is a vaccine or treatment. <sigh>

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 04-23-2020 at 05:00 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

I went to a nice, big grocery this morning and they had no toilet paper, paper towels, paper napkins (except little fancy, colored ones), disinfectants.
    I wonder when this will end.
    They did have a bit of sugar but no flour.
    Thank goodness for lots and lots of cat food and kitty litter.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Well, here is todays update re my ongoing saga with instacart order - Today my account was debited for $170.93, $147.93 and $19.27. I tried to get in touch with Instacart and just simply cannot, so I went to my bank. They are going to try and get the $147.93 and $19.27 taken off my account. I told them I would agree to pay $170.93 even though some of that was missing. I kept some detergent and a couple of things out of the second order before giving the rest away, so it would be hard for me to say how much I actually owe.

Another day is being spent on this. I hope my bank can do something to help me.

Ann, glad you and Peter are doing well and that your garden is coming along. What a sense of accomplishment that must be.

Jingle, I tried to get paper towels and Kleenex when I ordered and could not. I couldn't get any kind of disinfectant, and I do mean any kind. Glad you have plenty of cat litter. That would be a bad thing to run out of.
    Virginia

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

One good thing happened to me just before all of this hit. I ordered t.p. from Amazon and got a much larger package than I meant to, so I am still using on that.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

I buy things like paper towels and toilet paper in big packages when I have a good coupon … so when this hit I did have lots of paper towels but not much TP. I have found enough, mostly off brand, to keep me going for awhile.
    And a couple days ago I went to the dentist - emergency visit - and I asked where they got their masks. He said their usual supplier was out and they could not find more but
    they did have two cases on hand. I talked about having only three masks that I washed. When I left I grabbed my purse and it contained two brand new masks!! I took them cookies this morning.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sam and any other pet cats around here may need to be grounded for a while.

Of course Sam isn't really a pet cat. She's a cat who has hired a human to take care of her. Whatever she is, she'll be staying inside if she has any sense.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...C_2067-DM26555
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Who needs toilett paper? Medicaid sent me $800 worth of medical wipes. I would have preferred the new rollator that was ordered well over a year ago. I'll just pay cash for it if the stimulus check ever arrives. I'll have to shop online and have delivery. I'm not completely comfortable with that as I've always lost money on items that didn't get delivered. The facility mafia still doesn't permit non essential people . Family is non essential.
    Last edited by LeBieu; 04-23-2020 at 01:52 PM.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good morning from Boston. It was a cold night. Brrr. It was just 31 when I hit the kitchen at 6:30 AM. I don’t know far down it had been.

I’ve been keeping the poly cover on the garden. Everything is up: kale, spinach, radishes, bunching onions, beets - two varieties of each of those. Three kinds of carrots. Peas. Broccoli and broccoli rabe. And something called lovage. All parts of it taste like celery. There is also the garlic, shallots and parsley and oregano that overwintered.

I have Red Finn fingerling seed potatoes to plant in felt buckets and I have Sterling onions and some ginger on the way. Who knew you could grow your own ginger? Probably Linda did. That will complete the Spring garden. It makes me so happy. And the greens are in the table garden.

Virginia, what a frustrating Instacart day for you on top of cleaning. Maddening. And food was wasted. Very vexing. I hope you got the things you needed and that the money worked out.

Sunshine, how was the IVIG?

SuzEQ, how are you doing. Nice to see you at BT. How are you faring during these strange times?

Peter is still working at home and we expect that this will be for a long while. Boston is surging and we have not yet peaked. Still, if we don’t get CoVID, we need to keep up with the precautions until there is a vaccine or treatment. <sigh>

ANN
    Great gardening Ann! You can bring the ginger into the house for winter. It makes a great houseplant. I sell a lot of turmeric and Hawaiian ginger. If you go to YouTube and search growing ginger in containers you will find lots of wonderful people showing you what to do! It is fun.

I hope everyone is keeping happy. Yesterday my book club met using zoom. It was fun. I am enjoying daily life and I know that I am very lucky to have a pension. (So far)
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Sam only leaves my lap to go to the kitchen. She sleeps in my bed, under the covers, right up against me. She NEVER goes outside. She did when I had other cats, but I think it was mainly to get away from them.

I have a sign over the door that reads, "The cat and her housekeeping staff live here".
    Evolution spans the Universe.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast