No announcement yet.

April Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ann, let us know how you make out with Instacart. I don't need anything now, but wondering what is going on with them for the future.
    Virginia

Comment

Hello all. I've been up all night. Watching stuff on the computer, and now have the TV on. I am waiting on 7:30, then I am headed to the ATM, then to the store to get loaded up for the month. I'm taking a pair of rubber gloves, but doubt I'll put them on. The virus cases are VERY low in my state....for now, so I feel pretty safe.

I am also going to CVS to pick up my meds for the month. I take 7 meds these days, most for BP.

"And then one day you find,
      10 years have got behind you,
      No one told you when to run,
      You missed the starting gun."

I will disinfect all the packages when I get them home, then my hands, then the tub. Then I'm in for the rest of the month, and will find a way to get my food and meds delivered next time.

So everyone have a great day, and a safe month.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Love that song, Howie, love teh whole album (Dark side of the moon, by Pink Floyd)....

Comment

Going to the doctor today re pain...will culture to see what’s going on, or is it “Just” SPS.

Comment

Sorry to hear you are in pain, Sunshine, I hope your doctor has a solution.

ANN
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

:)I have played my 3 computer games a lot. I am tired of them. I am going to get out some crossword puzzle books for now.

Andy came today and did my grocery shopping. I am grateful he is still okay but he is still working full time. Most of his work is outside.

I folded a wash cloth 4 times into a square and taped it over my nose and mouth. I used to have scarves but do no longer have any.

I am grateful Lacy is here to keep me company as I am bored not being able to go out. It is strange because I seldom go anywhere but knowing I can't is not comfortable.

Stay home and stay safe everyone. Jeanie :)

Comment

I understand Jeanie, I feel the same. I went to drive thru pharmacy and drive thru bank today. I wore some plastic gloves even just for that. Would loved to have run into grocery store but didn’t. Feels strange.
                Virginia

Comment

Is every one OK?

Renee & Jendie please check in if you see this.

ANN
                  Last edited by stillstANNding; 04-06-2020, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Yes, renee and jendie!

I had an amazing experience today--I tried FaceTime and actually chatted with my son and grandson while watching them, and they could see me. It was just a brief trial session, to find out if it was possible--and it is.

I'd had my doubts about whether I could master any new technology just now--and about whether this older iPad would be up to something like FaceTime. But it's so very easy that even I had no problem at all.

Those people in the world who have access to this technology are so lucky right now because it's going to be a way of staying in contact when actual contact isn't feasible.

My mask is almost finished and not a minute too soon because everyone is wearing masks here now. I've been making do with a dust mask. I happened to have a few of them.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I have a laptop with the camera lens right at the top of the screen. I keep a piece of thick black tape covering it. I couldn't stand the thought of some stranger watching me without me knowing it. Yeah, I know, paranoia.
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh, happy day, Agate. Lovely that you can use FaceTime. You are right about how useful that is right now.

My Mom FaceTimes me. ;-)

Anyone see or hear from Virginia lately?
                        ANN
                        Last edited by stillstANNding; 04-06-2020, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I have taped over the camera "eye" on the top of my desktop PC too, and in fact my son and DIL were the ones who advised me to do that.

I opted to use FaceTime partly because I could just use the iPad for it and wouldn't have to undo that tape. The iPad mostly sits around, set to "Do Not Disturb" so it won't ping me, except when I turn it on. Then I click on the FaceTime icon and enter the phone number of the person I want to call and bingo! There that person is, on the screen, for a video phone call, and I can see what they're seeing in a little window on top of the screen.

You need an Apple device to do FaceTime as I understand it. Howie, maybe you could blow some of that windfall money that's supposedly coming to everyone and get yourself some device where you can do FaceTime--and not have to undo the tape on your laptop.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

And congratulations on making a mask, Agate. Very wise. We had also used dust masks as that was all we had.

ANN

Comment

I'm going to make my own mask, following instructions I found online, that requires no sewing. And I have rubber gloves. But I can stay put for 2 more weeks. Who knows how things will be by then? I have a feeling, much worse.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Ann, I am here. I didn't turn my computer on at all yesterday, but was going to check in this afternoon. My former next door neighbor called from Marietta, Ga. just as I was going to have some lunch about 2:15. We talked until 5:05. It has been a long time so I guess we are caught up. She sent through 10 pictures on my iPhone and I haven't even looked at them yet. I was starving, since I had not eaten lunch. I had to cook and try to watch daily briefing. I still haven't given my shot.
                                I'll get back soon.
                                Virginia

Comment

Working...
                                X