April Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April Chit Chat

It's spring now and we're still alive and kicking. I'm not sure about the kicking but we're trying to kick.

If you're like me, you've been getting quite a few e-mails from places telling you all of the things they won't be doing until further notice. A person can keep busy just sifting through those e-mails.

Hope we can stay well here!
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

April Chit Chat

Good Morning everyone! Let's not remind Howie that it is April Fools Day. We might find that he sends Sam to see us.

I just hope all of you are doing well. I think we are all stressed over all that is going on in our country. Even as I type this I am concerned about some of our members. It is 11:45AM in the East and no one had started this thread. I just happened to come on my computer to do some banking and discovered this. This in itself is unusual.

We have had beautiful days here and the trees are in bloom, but yesterday and today it is cold in the 40s and 50s.

I have lots of food in my pantry and freezer. My brother and his wife came this morning and brought something else and went to my mailbox for me. They like to get out, if only to ride over here in the car. They do not come in. We hang things on the door knob. I hung 3 apples in a bag out and they left something for me.

Hope all of you have as good a month as is possible right now. Wash your hands often and do the best you can to take care of yourselves.
    Virginia

Comment

Agate, we were typing at the same time. How can I delete mine?
      Virginia

Comment

Thank, you Virginia.

We are fine here. Peter had his first Zoom meeting today. Easy and it worked well. I guess Zoom is the new Skype? My days are cats, books, YouTube, garden, walk, cooking and call to Mom. Life hasn’t changed that much for me. My hair? That’s a different story, isn’t it Virginia?

ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Yes, Agate, it seems that any business with our email address is writing to tell us what they are doing to “mitigate” Co-VID 19.

ANN

Comment

Oh please Ann let's not even talk about hair. Mine was due March 30th. So I am already 4 weeks into this hair thing and wondering what to do.

I will look into Zoom. I don't do facetime because most people look kind of bad on it, but maybe zoom is more realistic or not?
            Virginia

Comment

When Peter and I are separated, we use FaceTime all the time. Very easy.

Sometimes he’ll FaceTime me from a store to show me something. It’s quicker that taking photos then texting them and waiting for a reply.

Did you get anything good in the bag from your family?
              ANN

Comment

Virginia, I'll ask a moderator if my thread can be removed.

Hair? Was hair mentioned?

My problem is that much of my life depends on the goodwill and volunteering of others. People aren't in the mood to keep up those efforts just now. Including the woman who cuts my hair every couple of months. She wouldn't be allowed in the building anyway because haircutting isn't essential, nor is toenail care which she does for some people here. It could be argued that for seniors who can't see or reach their toenails and whose hands are too shaky or arthritic to hold the clippers safely, having someone else cut toenails is necessary but I don't make the rules.

So I'm back to cutting my own hair. I'm glad I didn't get rid of the haircutting equipment. i can't really do it any more because my arms and hands give out but maybe I can trim the edges now and then.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Virginia, the moderator has merged the two Chitchat threads. I didn't know that could be done.
                  Last edited by agate; 04-01-2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Those mods can do anything! It's magical!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

They have a magic wand. They wave it and wonderful things happen.

Comment

I just looked into Walmart for a grocery delivery for my mom. Her store does not mark up each item as other chains do. Mom is going to make her list and I will order for her tomorrow. She wants a couple dozen Lean Cuisines for when she doesn’t feel like cooking.

I’ll let you know how the process and price goes.
                        ANN

Comment

Ann, I had been wondering how your Mom has been doing without your monthly visit there. The bag had a container of homemade chili. This turned out to be kind of funny because my neighbor made chili today and bought a container up. I will say nothing other than I enjoyed the chili to each person and that it was very good. I ate my neighbors tonight and will have sister-in-laws tomorrow night.

My older brother called me tonight about 6:20, just as I was going to heat my chili and eat. He talked until 7:35. I was so worn out I could hardly enjoy anything at that point. I was glad to hear from him. He lives in S.C. and we don't talk as often as the others of us who live here do.

Ann, I know how we can get out hair cut! My nephew sent out a picture of his little dog sitting up in a chair. She looked like she was posing for a picture. I sent a text telling him she looked pretty. She had a bow in her hair and I told him she looked like she had had her hair done. He said she had. He took her to the Vet. They are allowed to be open and he talked them into grooming her. I told him that I couldn't get mine done and it wasn't fair. He said I could go to his Vet. So, maybe you can talk the cat's Vet into doing your hair.
                          Virginia

Comment

Thank you, Virginia, I started the day with a laugh. A good start. I think I’ll skip the news.

Mom is doing well. Her life has only changed in that she missed our March visit. Her neighbors bring her homemade food and ask to bring her groceries. Mom won ‘t ask for more than 3 or 4 things. Still, she’s well set. I’ll top off her stores with the Walmart order.

ANN
                            Last edited by stillstANNding; 04-02-2020, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Walmart has no delivery options for “today or tomorrow” so it won’t let me place the order yet. Apparently, I have to try every morning for a delivery window. I might have to switch her order to Instacart and shop at Giant Eagle.

ANN

Comment

Working...
                              X