Keep on Moving: April 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep on Moving: April 2020

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important— it doesnt have to be “exercise”! Even Science proves thaT.

Rabbit Rabbit.

April is the Cruelest month (Who said that?)

T S Elliot

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Ann, what does T S Elliot have to do with Rabbit Rabbit?

By the way, I said my Rabbit Rabbit this morning before I spoke on the phone or to anyone.
      Virginia

Comment

She asks in her last line, “April is the cruelest month- who said that?” It was TS Elliot.

ANN

Comment

Today I swam 1/2 mile, and then set up side dishes for dinner. Resting now. Tomorrow I see a Doc in person...should be okay, but who knows what tomrrow brings.

Comment

TOday I swam today. Will rest a while,get ready for telemedicine tomorrow morning with neuro.

Comment

My average step count in March, based on 30 days: 1,574 steps (same as January but February's average was 1,679)
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Peter and I walked to and from CVS to pick up two RX’s. Only I went in. I wore a mask and gloves. My iPhone Health App says I walked 1.2 miles or 2699 steps. I have no idea if that is accurate.

Yesterday, I planted Dazzling Blue Kale, Japanese bunching onions, Du Jour 18 Radishes (grows in 18 days!) and White Icicle radishes. I had to take the poly tunnel cover off and squat on an overturned milk crate to plant. Then water, put the cover back and put the tools away.

A bath with lavender Castile soap helps calm the muscles.

Thinking of Peg and her big garden.
                ANN

Edited to add: I also made the garlic potato soup yesterday though I did finally make a different one, Moosewood’s Tuscan White Bean, the week before.
                Last edited by stillstANNding; 04-05-2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Thinking of Peg and her big garden.
                  ANN
                  I keep expecting Peg to post about life in the tar paper shack and about the sacred cows.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I can tell you about living in a tar paper shack, and the sacred kitty cat! Nah, it's just not the same.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I swam 1/2 mile today, rested, IVIG tomorrow.

Got booted off BT as I couldnt seem to log incorrectly. So I rejoined as Sunshine 2. Boo hoo.

Comment

I’m so glad you are swimming, Sunshine. Good luck with the IVIG. Don’t forget your blanket.

Peter and I went to a large grocery store this morning. We are trying to only go every two weeks. I don’t know the exact time but we were home just after nine. We wore masks and gloves.

There was only about half the usually produce, very little meat and no lactose free milk. They did have Kleenex and toilet paper. You could buy one 4 pack of store brand or one 12 DR pack of Angel soft. We got about half the things on the list.

That’s my walking for today.

This afternoon I planted another variety of carrots, Bloomsdale spinach, another variety of scallions and a fourth thing I can’t remember. After I get the laundry out of the dryer, I am done for the day.

ANN
                        Last edited by stillstANNding; 04-07-2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Ann, I am trying not to go for another week and a half if I can help it, but my milk runs out tomorrow. I might try to think of enough food items to get from Whole Foods and try to see if they will bring me a small order.

I wonder how others are making out with Instacart.
                          Virginia

Comment

I swam 1/2 mile today. Despite real medical issues this morning.

Comment

I transplanted lavender plants this morning.worked for 3 hours between doing 200 transplants and watering my greenhouse (takes an hour)..

Someone came to almost reconstruct my wheelchair ramp. It is covered like a greenhouse but winds were about to destroy it. He put 4x4 posts all along one side and put them 5’ into the ground. He secured. The ramp enough so it will be safe in high winds tomorrow. Whew!
                              Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Working...
                              X