Thread: Nuthatch, I am thinking of you...I hope this video works. I love it! Enjoy everyone!

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Nuthatch, I am thinking of you...I hope this video works. I love it! Enjoy everyone!

Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Awesome! The cats loved it, too!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Finally got a bit of time so I could watch this, and it was well worth watching. So appropriate to bring back the birds at this time of year!
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Loved it. Nuthatch will too when she gets on here.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Thank you for the "opera", Laz! That was great. I saw many birds I see around here and many I never see too. We have many acorn woodpeckers. The woodpecker pounding on the ladder in the video reminded me of the acorn woodpeckers pounding on our metal roof. They used to do it on the eves of our old house too, and tuck acorns under the composition roofing shingles. Occasionally one of those kooky woodpeckers will start pounding on a fascia board or even a rain gutter. Since we have hardy plank siding on this house, they have figured it out that it's not wood, it just looks like wood, so they seldom bother pounding on my house looking for bugs!

The peacock . . . that reminded me of when we still lived in LA, over 30 years ago when my kids were actually still little kids. We lived maybe 10 miles from the arboretum, which is very near Santa Anita Racetrack (horse races). The arboretum has many beautiful peacocks that roam freely. One morning we woke up to find a big peacock perched on the roof of our house! I called the arboretum thinking they would come collect the bird but was told that it would come back on it's own when it was ready to, which I guess it did . . . after gracing us with it's noisy presence for over two weeks, all the while, on our roof pooping and screaming. At least he was pretty and would fan out his tail feathers sometimes!

The parrots . . . another LA memory. Early in our marriage we rented an old house in Monrovia, CA. Story has it that someone's parrots escaped and started breeding in the area. Parrots are noisy and at first we would hear just a few. Over the years the numbers grew and the area expanded. Today there are many that can be heard and seen . . . MANY! One of my brothers lives in that original area and when I talk to him on the phone, sometimes I hear them. As I said, they are noisy, especially when they fly in a flock.

Thank for the memories too, Laz! Someday when I unearth the picture of the peacock on our roof, I'll post it.

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nuthatch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you for the "opera", Laz! That was great. I saw many birds I see around here and many I never see too. We have many acorn woodpeckers. The woodpecker pounding on the ladder in the video reminded me of the acorn woodpeckers pounding on our metal roof. They used to do it on the eves of our old house too, and tuck acorns under the composition roofing shingles. Occasionally one of those kooky woodpeckers will start pounding on a fascia board or even a rain gutter. Since we have hardy plank siding on this house, they have figured it out that it's not wood, it just looks like wood, so they seldom bother pounding on my house looking for bugs!

The peacock . . . that reminded me of when we still lived in LA, over 30 years ago when my kids were actually still little kids. We lived maybe 10 miles from the arboretum, which is very near Santa Anita Racetrack (horse races). The arboretum has many beautiful peacocks that roam freely. One morning we woke up to find a big peacock perched on the roof of our house! I called the arboretum thinking they would come collect the bird but was told that it would come back on it's own when it was ready to, which I guess it did . . . after gracing us with it's noisy presence for over two weeks, all the while, on our roof pooping and screaming. At least he was pretty and would fan out his tail feathers sometimes!

The parrots . . . another LA memory. Early in our marriage we rented an old house in Monrovia, CA. Story has it that someone's parrots escaped and started breeding in the area. Parrots are noisy and at first we would hear just a few. Over the years the numbers grew and the area expanded. Today there are many that can be heard and seen . . . MANY! One of my brothers lives in that original area and when I talk to him on the phone, sometimes I hear them. As I said, they are noisy, especially when they fly in a flock.

Thank for the memories too, Laz! Someday when I unearth the picture of the peacock on our roof, I'll post it.
    John and I have raised hundreds of different birds . We did have 3 peafowl at one time. Arcangelo, Guinevere and Angelica. Such exquisite looking birds with the ugliest screech ever! The way a swan looks serenely beautiful above the water while paddling like crazy underneath. I guess we all have our yin and our yang!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"