Thread: "Stimulus package" info from AARP

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default "Stimulus package" info from AARP

According to this from the AARP (updated March 26), even those Americans receiving Social Security will get $1200 from the stimulus package bill. It sounds as if you'd need to file a 2019 tax return to qualify if you don't usually file a tax return.

https://www.aarp.org/politics-societ...us-checks.html

And if you're not up against the NY Times paywall, here it sounds as if you might not even have to file the 2019 tax return--"FAQ on Stimulus Checks...":

https://www.nytimes.com/article/coro...s-answers.html

This will really be helpful. Because I live partly on my credit card, the debt is always slowly but surely climbing, and so my surprise money will go towards paying down the money I owe. But I'll feel more able to afford some help with getting groceries if I need it.

Since the delivery services I've been using might not be available, I've been looking into hiring someone to shop for me once a week.
    Last edited by agate; 03-26-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

I'll bet there is a neighbor that will help you. I don't have a relative that will help me - not even a close friend, but a neighbor keeps in contact and wants to help.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I have been thinking of calling Laura to get some groceries in. She might not want to do that, but I can try her.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The grocery delivery service came through for me today! They even brought--toilet paper!

But they might not be able to keep on doing this even though they've been running this program for 30 years. These new restrictions are making it too hard for them to get shoppers.

This time the shopper could have left everything in bags outside my door but she was allowed to put them in their bags (without unpacking them) onto the counter in my kitchen, and instead of giving her the check, I was given an envelope so I could mail the check in. She was wearing rubber gloves and so was I.

Sooner or later the online grocery delivery places like Instacart might adjust to the greater load on their systems and have more available times.

When I tried to order toilet paper from Amazon, I found just one generic type (no brand name at all) that will be delivered to me in late May.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Since you're talking about groceries, I thought I'd direct you all to houghchrst's post about sanitizing groceries. It's quite informative and helpful:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...es-from-Corona

Instacart sent an email stating that they are hiring more shoppers. This is considered an "essential" job during the pandemic.

Be Safe and Well All ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 03-26-2020 at 04:06 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"